Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish oral, reading poetry

• 20-02-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

i have a phonetic guide to reading the poems in the oral exam but I know there is a website somewhere that has videos of all the poems on the course being read aloud.

Does anybody know the name of this site ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

you can find them on youtube too, forget the name of the guy but if you search it you should find it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

If you have the book "Ar Aghaidh Libh" the cd has all the poems on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mlad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

The rest are all in the related videos on the side. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 aisling.pw

Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to bring in your own copy of the poems into the Irish Oral with you?

And is it okay to have the pronounciations written in to help you???

My Oral is tomorrow in 2 days and i am an external student so I have no teacher to ask

Thanks!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Yes, thats perfectly fine. :) I think they have to be printed, not written, though - I heard that and didnt risk it, and my printed versions were fine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I'm an oral examiner. Yes, you can bring in any kind of copy of the poems with anything written on it, pertaining to the poems of course. You can't bring in the cartoons, they're given to you. Ádh mhór!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 aisling.pw

Thanks so much!!!! :)

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Yes, thats perfectly fine. :) I think they have to be printed, not written, though - I heard that and didnt risk it, and my printed versions were fine. :)

They don't care what it's like, but you need to have some sort with you. The examiner doesn't provide poems. But it's sound, because they don't look at yours, so write the stuff in phonetically and your set. Mine was today and went grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Skittles_1

Does anybody know of a website that gives the phonetic versions of the Irish poems ?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Layzerman

Try filinagaeilge.tv, no fada ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Skittles_1

Thank you :)

Advertisement