Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the motors

• 07-11-2011 8:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

i wonder what kind of cars will be in the game because in IV they mashed two different cars together like the zonda and lambo murcilago

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Apparently there will be some from IV. Even the trailer gives this away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Banshee has to make an appearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

And hopefully the infernus. And the sultan rs!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I reckon there'll be a lot of cross-over between IV and V because they're gona be set pretty close to each other.

We'll definitely see the Banshee, Patriot, Landstalker. Hope we see the NOOSE tank.

Would love to see some big boats. I'd love to see a few cruise liners on the scale of the Platypus sailing around the coast.

If the car mods are back and the Infernus is there it's gonna be sweeet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They also showed the audi r8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If it's set in the same time period as IV the cars should be more or less the same, maybe more convertibles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Anyone else notice, in the trailer they show the guy in the red car putting down the roof on his convertable?

Thats a nice new feature.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

CMpunked wrote: »
    Anyone else notice, in the trailer they show the guy in the red car putting down the roof on his convertable?

Thats a nice new feature.

That'd be sweet! Always thought it was stupid when you were driving around in the pissing rain with the top down. A minor thing yes, but it'd be a nice feature to add.

I wonder how they'll work with crashing? Any time I've seen them in game trailers they never seem to make it to the final product.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The Sentinel...good sturdy workhorse:P

Hope they get rid of the flying out the windscreen when you crash thing, more realistic yes but its a pain in the arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Blay wrote: »

Hope they get rid of the flying out the windscreen when you crash thing, more realistic yes but its a pain in the arse.

Didnt happen that much in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

You need to improve your driving skills :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

That can be so frustrating when you're chasing someone and that happens followed by mission failed.

What if you could put on a seatbelt in the same way that you can put on a crash helmet on a bike. Start the car and don't set off straight away could activate it.

Kxiii wrote: »
    That can be so frustrating when you're chasing someone and that happens followed by mission failed.

What if you could put on a seatbelt in the same way that you can put on a crash helmet on a bike. Start the car and don't set off straight away could activate it.

That's not a bad idea actually. :) Would definitely be a nice addition, especially if it stopped you flying out the windscreen.

Wouldn't like to see airbags though, that'd be a step too far imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Artic trucks are coming back, also I saw the front of a Comet in the video. But I love the Sentinel, its an M3 lookalike + the Sentinel XS, it was like the M3 csl:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

i would love a big cruise liner, you can drive it but be so slow but just think it be class, able to land helicopters on it and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

Plug wrote: »
    the Sentinel XS, it was like the M3 csl:pac:

started playing gta 3 recently, having wet dreams over the mafia sentinel

EdenHazard wrote: »
    i would love a big cruise liner, you can drive it but be so slow but just think it be class, able to land helicopters on it and stuff.

I wouldn't even want to drive it, just to have a few of them sailing around that you could walk around inside. Real posh ones, not like the Platypus but on the same scale. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I hope the Feltzer makes a comeback.
    That car got me out of trouble on a good few occasions.

Also the Stallion because it's been around since the first GTA.

I wonder will there be electric cars? They'd be popular in the area.

• Advertisement

ScumLord wrote: »
    I wonder will there be electric cars? They'd be popular in the area.

They already have a prius so I wouldn't be surprised
    300px-Dilettante-GTA4-front.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

They already have a prius so I wouldn't be surprised
    300px-Dilettante-GTA4-front.jpg

The ad for that was class

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4gqgt_gta-iv-dilettante-hybride_videogames#rel-page-2

I don't care what other cars are in V, I just want to drive a Cheetah again.

GTA%20VC_Cheetah.jpg

Never ever understood why they weren't in GTA IV

aaronh007 wrote: »
    The ad for that was class

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4gqgt_gta-iv-dilettante-hybride_videogames#rel-page-2

I don't care what other cars are in V, I just want to drive a Cheetah again.

GTA%20VC_Cheetah.jpg

Never ever understood why they weren't in GTA IV

Used to love the police version of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Used to love the police version of those.

FIB Buffalo FTW!

FIB_Buffalo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

FIB Buffalo's were muck I thought compared to the Police Cruiser (Crown Vic model). They had good handling but their speed wasn't all that good nor were they so great at taking damage. The ones in TBOGT were class though.

The VCPD Chettah was one of the best unmarked police cars. Especially since you could use them in the Paint N Spray. :D

FIB Buffalo's were muck I thought compared to the Police Cruiser (Crown Vic model). They had good handling but their speed wasn't all that good nor were they so great at taking damage. The ones in TBOGT were class though.

Police cruisers in IV were fair sh*te! Could take hardly any damage, made doing the vigilante missions a pure pain in the testicles 'cos I kept having to go to a police station to steal one of the parked ones to avoid a wanted level.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

1967_Ford_Mustang_Fastback_Shelby_GT500_02.JPG

1q39jm.jpg

Being a massive Shelby and Mustang fan I'd love to see these in V.
    Yes, the Sabre GT was a great muscle car and mirrored on old school ones but I want replicas of the above pics in looks entirely :P.

Other motors I'd like to see - Nissan Skyline GTR, rally cars (hatchbacks for countryside! :D) and Ariel Atom.

All the GTA IV mods will probably be easy enough to covert into V mods, I'm sure you could download any of those cars. If your on PC that is.

Advertisement