Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí struggling to pay bills - AGSI

1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

angelfire9 wrote: »
    did you re-register after a ban?
    naughty

reported

AND he didn't even leave the "777" in his new name.
    Another one sussed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

He should be done for littering as well as the other offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Bosco boy wrote: »
    He should be done for littering as well as the other offences.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

God help us all. Of course if you've had a run in with the Gardai you're not going to want to see them paid properly!!

<And by the way, as far as i know, smoking a spliff is not the only way to take hash leading to driving under the influence of a drug>

Anyway, I'm off, this thread is now way beyond worth contributing to..

Take it easy good folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

AND he didn't even leave the "777" in his new name.
    Another one sussed.

Dub777, molequidgallus, torrentgallus all the same person and SO easy to spot as well!
    How many garda haters on boards get done for driving under the influence of cannabis after running an amber in Dublin city centre and then whinge about it in 3 different threads! :rolleyes:

Now where has offy gone? I wasn't finished with him :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Pixied wrote: »
    God help us all. Of course if you've had a run in with the Gardai you're not going to want to see them paid properly!!

<And by the way, as far as i know, smoking a spliff is not the only way to take hash leading to driving under the influence of a drug>

Anyway, I'm off, this thread is now way beyond worth contributing to..

Take it easy good folks :)

Hang on there I'll be with you! I'm sick of it as well, good luck everyone especially those with pending court cases!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭end a eknny

Bosco boy wrote: »
    Hang on there I'll be with you! I'm sick of it as well, good luck everyone especially those with pending court cases!

of course only people with cases pending can see the gardai for what they are. the thing i would like to know from the gardai on line here. where they like that when they entered the force or is it some sort of conditioning that comes with the believe that you hold some sort of power over people. put simply is it just that this type of job attracts a certain type of person or do they change to fit in with the rest when they have the job

of course only people with cases pending can see the gardai for what they are. the thing i would like to know from the gardai on line here. where they like that when they entered the force or is it some sort of conditioning that comes with the believe that you hold some sort of power over people. put simply is it just that this type of job attracts a certain type of person or do they change to fit in with the rest when they have the job

None of you gardai should answer this poster. He has an agenda which even i could see from a long way off. He is only using this forum to try and get even but everyone is on to him. He probably features numerous times on the Garda computer. I don't be far wrong.

None of you gardai should answer this poster. He has an agenda which even i could see from a long way off. He is only using this forum to try and get even but everyone is on to him. He probably features numerous times on the Garda computer. I don't be far wrong.

what does " i dont be far wrong " mean. the only agenda i have is to see the gardai getting the pay they deserve after all we do pay their wages and dont think we are getting value for or money

what does " i dont be far wrong " mean. the only agenda i have is to see the gardai getting the pay they deserve after all we do pay their wages and dont think we are getting value for or money

Whats this "we" business paleface?
    Speak for yourself.

• Advertisement

Whats this "we" business paleface?
    Speak for yourself.

whats with the racist comments and the "we" refers to the majority of tax payers

whats with the racist comments and the "we" refers to the majority of tax payers

Have you done a poll of all Ireland' taxpayers as thats the only way you can claim to speak for the majority of taxpayers. You could have said many though.

Nothing racist at all as i'm only quoting an old t.v. advert as you probably knew anyway.
    I think this thread is played out at this stage as there seems to be only the two of us left.
    Draw ?

whats the ad for

whats the ad for

I think it was for some alcoholic beverage. Not sure now as it was a long time age.
    It was also used for a joke regarding Brian Cowan
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/budget/analysis-overview/lise-hand-hostile-enemies-circle-for-lone-ranger-and-tontos-last-stand-2452037.html

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Melanoma

The people arguing against garda pay are mostly just trawling for arguments.

There needs to be people that actually see both sides and come up with what is what.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Melanoma wrote: »

There needs to be people that actually see both sides and come up with what is what.

It's been 2 years, must have surely paid those bills by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

jester77 wrote: »

The Old Bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I know 2 Garda couples.

the 2 Garda couples own 3 properties. One ovesea and property in Dublin.

I also know people in the private sector who are the same.

When we are out and talk turns work/money/recession, both sides feel very hard done by. What people tend to forget is that public/private sector are all the same. Blind fools to the good fortunes they have.

I don't care what the AGS are paid, I wouldn't do their job, so I'm not going to say what i think they should be paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I think that is an interesting question: Are Gardaí like that before spending time on the job or do they change their manner and way of thinking just to fit in and be part of the crowd and to not risk being ostracised or moving up the ranks?!
    Nabber wrote: »

I don't care what the AGS are paid, I wouldn't do their job, so I'm not going to say what i think they should be paid.

I personally don't know of many people who are content with the current financial situation. I don't particularly care what any member of An Garda Síochána are paid either and no pay would be high enough to have me work in that environment 40hrs a week, every week, until I retire tbh!

I won't ever be applying for a full-time position within An Garda Síochána and don't ever want to be associated as being a full-time member of An Garda Síochána. It's not an environment that I would be happy working in on a full-time basis.

All the Best to those members reading in here who are struggling in any way, shape or form within the working envions of An Garda Siochána. Just know that you are not on your own :)

kerry4sam

jester77 wrote: »

Thanks for pointing that out being current issue i did not think to check the date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

I'd say you care alright!

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I think that is an interesting question: Are Gardaí like that before spending time on the job or do they change their manner and way of thinking just to fit in and be part of the crowd and to not risk being ostracised or moving up the ranks?!

I personally don't know of many people who are content with the current financial situation. I don't particularly care what any member of An Garda Síochána are paid either and no pay would be high enough to have me work in that environment 40hrs a week, every week, until I retire tbh!

I won't ever be applying for a full-time position within An Garda Síochána and don't ever want to be associated as being a full-time member of An Garda Síochána. It's not an environment that I would be happy working in on a full-time basis.

All the Best to those members reading in here who are struggling in any way, shape or form within the working envions of An Garda Siochána. Just know that you are not on your own :)

kerry4sam

It's not for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭davetherave

That is an "average" salary. If you have 3 bottom of the ladder bods on 22k and family income supplement, you just need one top brass bod to pull in 100k and suddenly bam, every guard is taking home 41k, quick get the pitchforks.

I'd say you care alright!

I'd say you are finding a way of saying something without being very clear. :confused:

I'd say you are finding a way of saying something without being very clear. :confused:

I'll get back to you in 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Every job has those people who abuse their position in it. Some people join jobs with those manners, some get it from their colleagues, most are neither, but you never hear about them. It is unfortunate that due to our role and responsibilities that come with it, that those people are easier to pick out.

There are bullies and people with small man syndrome in every job.

kerry4sam

Thank you!

Advertisement