Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where do I get a copy of my P60?

• 16-08-2005 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I get a copy of my P60?
    Does my employer have it? Or do I ring the tax office?
    Thanks
    M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭pdunno

your employer should have the most recent copy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

mathie wrote:
    Anyone know where I get a copy of my P60?
    Does my employer have it? Or do I ring the tax office?
    Thanks
    M

Whoever was your employer at the end of 2004 will have it.

Most likely the accounts/payroll person will be lazy and say it's too late (I don't know what it is about laziness and accounts/payroll jobs.)

Suggest this to them -

Open payroll software
    Find government reports section which deals with P45's, P60's etc.
    Open your P60.
    Print.
    Thank you very much.

But they will tell you they can't do this.

Did they give you one at the start of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

hi i need a copy of my P60 from a previous year but in that year I had 3 different employers - do i call the last employer or can I get it from revenue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

The last

thanks - that was quick - you mean revenue? If so do I just call my local office?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

sporina wrote: »
    thanks - that was quick - you mean revenue? If so do I just call my local office?

No, I mean your last employer, presuming they were still your employer on the 31st of December.

testicle wrote: »
    No, I mean your last employer, presuming they were still your employer on the 31st of December.

ok, but can i get it from revenue? I would prefer to go through them than that employer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 harry.connolly

i have my p60 form , what do i do with it now , send it into the tax office?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I also need to get a copy of this, for 2010, although I was not employed on 31st december, but I had been by 2 setarate employers previous to this.

I need this asap, how do I get it??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As far as i kniw you cant get a copy of it, but if you ask the tax office for a p21 balancing statement it will contain much the same information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

AARRRGH wrote: »
    Whoever was your employer at the end of 2004 will have it.

Most likely the accounts/payroll person will be lazy and say it's too late (I don't know what it is about laziness and accounts/payroll jobs.)

Suggest this to them -

Open payroll software
    Find government reports section which deals with P45's, P60's etc.
    Open your P60.
    Print.
    Thank you very much.

But they will tell you they can't do this.

Did they give you one at the start of the year?

Firstly as one of those "accounts persons" its not quite that simple
    The P60 for 2010 is no problem but prior years means
    A) Taking a full backup of the current years files and probably (if you are careful printing of the tax deduction certs for all employers as of today's date just to be safe)
    B) Finding & Up loading up year end backups for previous years to trick the accounts software into thinking that it is still in 2009/2010 or whenever,
    C)Then you have to finding the ones you want and printing them,
    D)then you have to restore the 2011 files and make sure that the tax credits/SRCOP's etc etc are correct for 2011 as often when switching years data gets corrupted
    E) You then have to run a check by printing off the summaries of the tax deduction certs for 2011 to check them against the actual certs from 2011 that you printed at point A)

Then you should be able to continue on
    It would take a couple of hours if you were to do it properly

Of course some accounts staff (like me :D) keep copies of past years P60's on file for this kind of eventuality but not all do

Now the (hopefully) helpful stuff
    You are entitled to a P60 from each employment where you were employed on the 31st of December of a specific year
    I.E. P60 issued in Feb 2011 is for 2010
    P60 issued in Feb 2010 is for 2009 and so on

The P60 you get in February of 2011 refers to the entire year of 2010 and if you were lucky enough to have 2 jobs on the 31/12/2010 then you get 2 P60's if you were in 2 different jobs in 2010 but had finished both of them before December 31st then you get no P60 for that year

If you were in employment on 31st of December 2010 but for arguments sake you finished up working on Jan 14th 2011 you are still entitled to a P60 for 2010 and your employer should send it out to you

If you were not employed anywhere on December 31st then you have no entitlement to a P60 and can get either
    a P21 balancing statement from the revenue if your enquiry is related to PAYE or Income Levy etc
    If you are looking for a P60 for Social Welfare you bring in your P45's and they can give you a print out of your PRSI contributions for the year you are enquiring about

If by chance you no longer have or cannot find your P45's then your previous employer can probably get you a copy if not the employer then the Revenue definitely can

Hope this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

You need to upgrade your accounts/payroll software. I can print any year's P60 for anyone in about five clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

You need to upgrade your accounts/payroll software. I can print any year's P60 for anyone in about five clicks.

so can I but obviously not everyone in the country runs the same payroll package.

I wouldn't be too happy if my accounts staff had to spend a few hours doing all that anglefire9 has to do to help a former employee but it wouldn't prompt me to change payroll packages either - cost that can't be recouped because former employee lost paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

To clarify guys
    Anytime I worked in Payroll I used to keep copies of Payslips, P60's and P45's for all employees in their employee payroll file for the duration of their employment and archive them after the employee left so I wouldn't have to go through all the "crap" outlined above ;)

BUT
    I have worked with payroll systems that won't allow you to print off prior year P60's or P45's and as thesimpsons state most companies use the same payroll software year on year and won't change it no matter what!

Advertisement