Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pikaia

Dol Guldur battle is now only €59.99 in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Not just that, but most sets from LOTR or Hobbit line as well as some from Star Wars and Castle are at roughly 20% off. Everywhere seems to be trying to get rid of Dol Guldur Battle though as it is at a drastic reduction just about everywhere, though I'm not complaining 'cause I got mine for €55, and it's a wicked set.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I called into Smyths (Kinsale Road, Cork) on a complete whim on the way home from work where I found, lo and behold, Jabba's Palace further reduced to €49.99. I didn't bite at €79.99, but this was a must grab for me. You'd almost pay that for the minifigures alone, most of which I don't have and would have sought out over time.

I was chatting to the manager who was bemused at the fact that they had six this morning, and were now all gone. Worth calling to your local Smyths this evening if you have any interest in the set.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Lego Star Wars B-Wing Starfighter (10227) is €150 at Toys-r-Us, and posibly use Parcel Motel to deliver if they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Tesco Portlaoise (and with a big assumption, I guess all Tescos) are currently selling off the LOTR Shelob Attacks 9470 for €13.99. I finally get a Sam minifig! Prob won't build the spider, may use her for parts to extend the Orc forge.

They're also getting rid of The Hobbit Riddles set for €8.74:

shelob_zps91bbd47d.jpg

• Advertisement

Both OOP; not bad. But Tesco down here doesn't sell those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭giannip

Tesco Carlow selling this for just over €17.00, down from €34, then €26

79001_box.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Tesco coonagh have various lego on offer.

Battle for smallville, half price at 27.99
    Star Wars desert skiff at 16.79
    Star Wars droid escape 14.49
    Batman; artic battle 13.99
    Teenage mutant benga turtles she'll raiser half price to 41€

Sorry I don't have product code as am out. Plenty in stock

Smyths doing great deals on the LoTR sets at the moment; Wizard Battle €10.99, Black Gate €59.99, Pirate Ship Ambush €75.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭giannip

Tesco Wexford discounts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

Argh! And there is Kragle in the shot too!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Tesco Portaloise again - They have one LOTR Black Gate going super cheap (€41.99). It's not in the main toy aisle, but over on the left hand wall in the clearance section, turned sideways, so it's not the easiest to spot.

Inspired by all these posts, I went to my local Tesco (Douglas, Cork). Absolutely SFA left, if it saves anyone else a trip. Haven't had a chance to check others in the area though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Inspired by all these posts, I went to my local Tesco (Douglas, Cork). Absolutely SFA left, if it saves anyone else a trip. Haven't had a chance to check others in the area though.

I was in Tesco's in Midleton two days ago and I think they had quite a few things left. If I get in there before work tonight I'll let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I checked Wilton yesterday evening and only have Chima at a reduced price.

I went to my local Tesco (Douglas, Cork).

The only discounts in Tesco Midleton are for the Lego movie sets :(

Thanks for checking anyway. Anything substantial, or was it a couple of quid off everything? I think that's most of the Cork branches checked now for bargains, apart from Mahon Point.

Anything substantial, or was it a couple of quid off everything?

Nothing there that caught my eye, still seemed expensive.

Cork: Tesco in Douglas have a few things on clearance. 9470 Shelob Attacks approx. €7, 9490 Droid Escape approx. €7, 76002 Superman Metropolis Showdown approx. €4, and a bunch of Star Wars battle packs from last year around €4 also.

Cork: Tesco in Douglas have a few things on clearance. 9470 Shelob Attacks approx. €7, 9490 Droid Escape approx. €7, 76002 Superman Metropolis Showdown approx. €4, and a bunch of Star Wars battle packs from last year around €4 also.

Don't suppose you'd pick me up a Shelob Attacks or two and send them onto me in Limerick if I pay postage on top of the set prices would you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

GodlessM wrote: »
    Don't suppose you'd pick me up a Shelob Attacks or two and send them onto me in Limerick if I pay postage on top of the set prices would you?

they were in tesco coonagh.
    Send me a pm if you cant get one. i think i might have one.

GodlessM wrote: »

At this stage it could be tomorrow or Saturday before I'm back there but I'll have a look for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

There's very little left in Douglas at this stage. I just came from there and was chatting with a staff member who was shocked that the reduced Lego was almost all gone. There must have been a blitz by staff or someone else overnight and all that was left was the small Chima sets and TMNT in the Lego range, plus a little bit of Megabloks Halo and the like. The TMNT sets aren't at the aisle ends where the other reduced toys are, they are on the regular shelves with the rest of the Lego. Nor is there a yellow reduced price on them, just a normal white one displaying the cheaper price. They have a couple of 79104 The Shellraiser Street Chase for €20.50 and a few 79101 Shredder's Dragon Bike for €20 (I think). I did pick up the last 79103 Turtle Lair Attack for €16 for my small fella.

Edit: I had checked Tesco Wilton before heading to Douglas and couldn't see any Lego offers there at all.

Ah if they're gone, no worries.

Yeah, was in the centre earlier and popped in for a look - nothing but the Shellraiser Street Chase left, as said above. Starting to think I left too much behind me and should have picked up a few more things. Ah well.

For anyone in the area, Tesco Wilton did have a BTTF DeLorean hidden behind some Friends boxes. There was no price to be seen, and when I took it up to the price scanner it said 'contact member of staff'. I didn't feel inclined to do so, and have no idea how much it was. But when I got mine a couple of months back they were €19.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ryan0

Yeah, was in the centre earlier and popped in for a look - nothing but the Shellraiser Street Chase left, as said above. Starting to think I left too much behind me and should have picked up a few more things. Ah well.

For anyone in the area, Tesco Wilton did have a BTTF DeLorean hidden behind some Friends boxes. There was no price to be seen, and when I took it up to the price scanner it said 'contact member of staff'. I didn't feel inclined to do so, and have no idea how much it was. But when I got mine a couple of months back they were €19.99.

Where did you put the delorean back to? Im living 5 mins from wilton

Ryan0 wrote: »
    Where did you put the delorean back to? Im living 5 mins from wilton

I left it where I found it, behind the Friends boxes. It wasn't the best hidden one ever, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ryan0

I left it where I found it, behind the Friends boxes. It wasn't the best hidden one ever, mind.
    Waste of time, first girls said oh it's not listed, so I can't sell it to you. Took it to customer service where I waited for 15 mins for a manager, told her they were 19.99 previously so she got some dude to check it out.

Came back ten mins later saying it was 49.99. Extortionate.

Wow. That is scandalous.

When I was in Smyths a couple of weeks back they were reduced to €29.99 wich isn't an amazing discount but around €15 off RRP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Ryan0 wrote: »
    Waste of time, first girls said oh it's not listed, so I can't sell it to you. Took it to customer service where I waited for 15 mins for a manager, told her they were 19.99 previously so she got some dude to check it out.

Came back ten mins later saying it was 49.99. Extortionate.

Tesco are currently conning many parents over the Lego Movie Blind Bags!!! Displaying them at €3.49, that's 60cent more than all other retailers, but also have it badged up as a "special purchase" and given a yellow flash card... special purchase=money maker.

I asked Clonmel and Waterford store managers why this was so, both gave the standard "head office" set these speech.

Left formal complaint for what it's worth.

Advertisement