Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RB3 General Discussion!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did you try the Mad Catz site?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭swine

swine wrote: »

AH forgot about this

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Thanks for linking to that free track pack! Missed out on RB2, so looking forward to giving them a go later... though I might covertly delete Visions first to save myself some pain. :p

Hmm, does anyone else find that the game crashes a lot after choosing a section of a song in Practice mode? It freezes on a black screen and the song segment never appears, so you have to power off your console to continue... it's a fairly annoying glitch, and has been happening to me a lot in Vocals practise lately. :( Aside from the occasional glitch, I love the changes they made to the vocals practice mode. Makes knowing what you need to sing so much clearer, especially in songs with complex harmonies like Good Vibrations or weirdly charted ones like Burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Bump!

Someone has come up with a way to play pro guitar using any guitar you want.

http://game2midi.sourceforge.net/

Interesting, if convoluted way to get it to work and expensive.

$200 for the pick up, €500 for the synth and then the costs of a midi card for your pc, the cables and the midi adaptor.

Thats about €750 - €850 for the setup used in the clip. Alternatives would be available but probably at similar prices.

Still awesome that someone went to all that trouble so he could use his own guitar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hey guys,

Quick question regarding the keyboard. I bought it yesterday for the PS3, however, the only tutorial I can find is for the Pro Keyboard. I just want to learn how to use it in the regular game first.

I have noticed the five keys to be used in the Easy - Expert modes but whenever I try to play a long note, it hits the note but doesn't continue. What am I doing wrongly here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Managed to get quite a bit done this morning.

Passed Painkiller on expert drums without any assist for the first time in a while and got 4 and a half stars, going for 5, managed to get a 200 note streak on The Perfect Drug in a sightread, and 5 starred a few songs that were sitting on 4 in my library for a while, mainly Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart, Red Barchetta, Powerslave, Jailbreak (Live) and The Boys are Back in Town (Live).

I love Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart, guitar hero glory days :D

Was on the phone when you invited me the other evening by the time I got off it you were gone.

calex71 wrote: »
    I love Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart, guitar hero glory days :D

Was on the phone when you invited me the other evening by the time I got off it you were gone.

I loved that song too on it.

And don't worry about it, I have the day off today so if you or anyone else on the board wants to play today (I don't think I've actually played with any of you except for Onion at the anime convention) send me an invite, I'll most likely be sitting in quickplay.

And good news on the MIDI pro adapter front for anyone who's interested in getting the 360 version of it, GameShark's website has a 31st January release date listed here, so be ready if you wanna grab it! It probably won't be up for long once it does hit general release here in the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

I need the Roland AX-Synth I posted above so badly! That keytar is so nice to play. I really don't like the keys on the RB3 one. I went in to Waltons in Dublin and played the keytar for a good 40 mins, albeit on a stand :eek:, but damn I need to play RB3 with that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That looks epic, and well beyond my skill level! :P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    That looks epic, and well beyond my skill level! :P

Guitar looks passable for me I say passable not FC-able lol, keys lets not go there :o Few triple kicks in the early part on drums look like hell !!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to top up my UK live account me thinks :)

Well it looks like that will be the go-to pack of songs if you want a challenge to overcome for the next 20 years. I would end up setting either the keyboard or my hand on fire (not intentionally mind you) trying to play those solos...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

it also sounds like a pile of ass!

If any of you are interested in buying my wireless keyboard from me I've put up an ad! I barely use it and I haven't the patience for anything except the drums :p

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/rock-band-3-wireless-keyboard/447031

If any of you are interested in buying my wireless keyboard from me I've put up an ad! I barely use it and I haven't the patience for anything except the drums :p

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/rock-band-3-wireless-keyboard/447031
    I am intensely interested in this. The AX-Synth is just a tad out of my reach for the moment. Could you tell me if there is some way of plugging it in so I won't have to get batteries all the time?

To my knowledge it is wireless only. IMO, wired should be the only option for any game which requires millisecond inputs. Wireless arcade sticks are generally awful, not to mention banned at most fighting games tourneys.

Nockz wrote: »
    I am intensely interested in this. The AX-Synth is just a tad out of my reach for the moment. Could you tell me if there is some way of plugging it in so I won't have to get batteries all the time?

PM me if you're still interested!

Keytar is loads of fun ;) Playing Expert Pro keys for the likes of Midlife Crisis and other easy songs already and just having a laugh with Expert Keys for the deadlier songs... for now.

Downloaded the 4 older Linkin Pak songs. Haters can hate but the nostalgia from my youth was heartwarming :p

• Advertisement

I TOTALLY never owned a Linkin Park album. Trufax >_>

RB3 Is getting patched today,

• Soundgarden’s “Black Hole Sun” and the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ “Dani California” will now be available in Rock Band 3. These were songs from the RB1 disc that were not previously available via export, but thanks to some music licensing magic you’ll be able to play these fan favorite tracks in RB3. These songs should be visible to anyone that previously imported RB1, but if you have additional questions related to export you can consult support articles here.

• We’ve corrected an issue where playing combinations of “Surfing with the Alien,” “Satch Boogie,” “The Hockey Theme” and “Caprici di Diablo” in a set list resulted in a crash.

• We’ve added an additional filter option for songs in your library. In addition to sorting by lighter rating, this new option will allow users to hide 1 Lighter rated songs that you don’t want to see in your set list, which should allow for more effective organization of the growing library of RB content.

That's cool, I don't play RB as much as I'd like to anymore, but it's cool that they're still supporting the community like this :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Poor rock band... oh the memories... haven't played it in months and completely forgot about it...

I still play it quite a bit. Admittedly, I haven't gone near the keys in a while simply because of how expensive batteries can be. I'm still hoping for some more good DLC (that epic country pack missed the mark :p) though but we'll see where that goes. Me and my bro play guitar/bass a few nights a week. We have Turtle Beach X11s so the sound is really awesome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

If they could release some free DLC, im sure that would get a good few people playing it again for a while. When was the last free DLC they released btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

has anyone used the YRG-1000 "You Rock" guitar? Was browsing the Thomann.de mailshot yesterday, they have one in there, says it's compatible with GH and Rockband, references the PS3 and Wii.

Just looking at the website, it look like a 3rd party version of the Mustang (ie short strings for strumming action with buttons for frets.) Has a cartridge slot for Xbox/PS3/Wii optional interfaces.
    http://www.yourockguitar.com/products/you-rock-guitar if you're interested

Banjo wrote: »
    has anyone used the YRG-1000 "You Rock" guitar? Was browsing the Thomann.de mailshot yesterday, they have one in there, says it's compatible with GH and Rockband, references the PS3 and Wii.

Just looking at the website, it look like a 3rd party version of the Mustang (ie short strings for strumming action with buttons for frets.) Has a cartridge slot for Xbox/PS3/Wii optional interfaces.
    http://www.yourockguitar.com/products/you-rock-guitar if you're interested

Looks like a nice piece of kit, but well out of my price range :(

In case anyone is interested, the YRG-1000 came up on the instruments folder, where upon an opinion was proffered...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75504115&postcount=9

• Advertisement

Hi All! Long time, no play. So I was virtualising my Wii game collection and I finally figured out why RB3 wouldn't play for me. I'd buggered up the IOSes last time I upgraded. Anyway, after owning this game for donkeys I can finally play it.

Is there a way of re-downloading all your content in one go? I can only seem to do them one at a time (and it took me till the D's to cop on that there was a Manage Your Songs section that didn't involve browsing the entire catalog)

Also, I have 1100 points to spend - that's 5 songs + a hannukah blessing or 2 song packs. Any suggestions? I mainly play Wiitar, don't have the keyboards and can't sing/drum cause it'll wake the kids! Looking for what's fun to play as opposed to what sounds good.

Oh, and please tell me playing with plastic guitars is still cool - I've been busy, I'd hate to think that I'm not groovy any more.

Advertisement