Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling Podcasts

• 24-04-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

hey,can anyone recommened any good wrestling podcasts to listen to??...if anyone looks at wrestlezones chair shot reality,im lookin for that type of show like that

bit light hearted but with intersting debates. cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

themick wrote: »
    hey,can anyone recommened any good wrestling podcasts to listen to??...if anyone looks at wrestlezones chair shot reality,im lookin for that type of show like that

bit light hearted but with intersting debates. cheers

If it was up to date (and yes kinda biased cos its association with boards PW) thebostoncrab.net's podcast is always a good listen.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

live audio wrestling and it's companion piece Review-a-Wai are the best wrestling podcasts available. All free. Superficial and in-depth reviews with excellent thought-provoking discussion. And it's very entertaining. John Pollock is the man!

I can't recommend it highly enough.

I also listen to Wrestling Observer but it's very off-topic, Alvarez opts reviewing (eg iMPACT) for talking about his cats. Funny i guess but not if I want to actually know what happened. Horrible re-listen value.

Link to Review-a-Wai's facebook page - guarantee you'll get the best use out of this!
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=41534380883&v=info

Weekly in-depth review of an old PPV. Tomorrow morning's episode is ECW Barely Legal. In the tab are links to all the old eps. John & Wai also review RAW and iMPACT every week, highly recommend listening to them aswell, especially iMPACT. It's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    live audio wrestling and it's companion piece Review-a-Wai are the best wrestling podcasts available.

+1

Been listening to the LAW for around 5 years now, excellent podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Just Wrestling Observer Radio. Has Meltzer on there as much as Alvarez tries to make it an unbearable listen its very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Just Wrestling Observer Radio. Has Meltzer on there as much as Alvarez tries to make it an unbearable listen its very good.

Is that free, or do you have to subscribe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Every 2nd Tuesday its free but you get them all if you sub. You also get a rake of other shows on wrestling/MMA/indy stuff. You also get the newsletters online and access to their forum for $10.99 a month I think.

Does anyone know of a podcast that does a decent roundup of the lesser shows (SmackDown, NXT, Superstars or Tough Enough) ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Going to say one great one is Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling. It's typically just Colt sitting down and interviewing people, but some are really fun. Top examples are CM Punk, Luke Gallows, Iron Sheik and Even Bourne.

There's 39 of them to check out so far...
    http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

www.totalwrestlingshow.com
    www.ministryofslam.com

2 very good podcasts. total wrestling show does very in depth reviews of PPV's and shows

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭themick

cheers lads for suggwstions...loving the live audio wrestling and reveiw a raw/impact..it was exactly type of thing i was looking for.....any more suggestions are welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a podcast that does a decent roundup of the lesser shows (SmackDown, NXT, Superstars or Tough Enough) ?

Give it a go, yerself?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I've been a subscriber to figure four/wrestling observer online since day 1. I could not recommend it highly enough.

The pro wrestling torch does audio everyday on blog talk with Wade Keller. He's not everyones cup of tea but he's been covering wrestling for 2 decdes and his podcasts with Burce Mitchell are particularly good.

Joe versus the world - Joe Gagne does sporadic podcasts on a variety of wrestling subjects. I would particularly recommend the history of Wrestlemania ones. They are both funny and very easy to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I'd recommend Monday Night Mayhem got the likes of Jim Molineux, Kevin Kelly, Eric Bischoff and Scott Hudson doing pieces for them. Also got some great interviews each week aswell as usually an in depth look at ROH.

Ridley wrote: »
    Give it a go, yerself?

lol thanks for the vote of confidence :p I don't have time/care enough to add these shows to the week let alone take notes/collate/record/upload etc but I'd like to hear about them in a podcast :) that said i'm trying to get my own old school wrestling vodcast off the ground :P

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Has anyone listened to The Don Tony and Kevin Castle show. Only found it recently and it certainly does give strong opinions.

I have tried some of the ones above and the 2 best I have found are Colt Cabana and the Don Tony show.

http://prowrestlingwebcast.libsyn.com/

Had a long car trip the other day so downloaded 2 "I Want Wrestling" podcasts by Dave Lagana and co. Really awesome stuff with insights into the creative processes and discussions on whats happening (The two I had were on Punk's "shoot" and his MITB win; interesting to note Lagana actually called Punk returning a week after "leaving").

Makes me want to get involved in podcasts :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Now here is a subject close to my heart.

Totally endorse the ones mentioned so far:

All the F4W ones although Bryan can be really annoying, repetitive and petty at times. They incessant Pro Wrestling to MMA and MMA to Pro Wrestling analogies may be off putting to some. Alan4l's podcast is so refreshing as it isnt obsessed with buyrates and actually talks about bell to bell wrestling.

Review A Wai is great. I listened to a bad episode and thought it was **** but giving it a second chance has proven me wrong.

Art of Wrestling is class. Wrestlers talking about Wrestling what more do you what?

I like Bruce Mitchell on the Torch a lot especially talking about history or when his dander is up.

Joe vs the World was and occasionally still is my Pro Wrestling happy place. Just a such a likable and influential podcast.

On the topic of the I Want Wrestling podcasts the quality can very mixed depending who he has on. The ones with fellow writers and his interviews with MVP & Kaval were great. The ones with total randomers in the media and fans I could do without.

Don Tony & Kevin Castle I gave up on as they didn’t do mad rants on TNA anymore or anyone else for that matter. What is left is two misinformed/ill formed wrestling fans ****eing on about what cut and paste sites & Fox News tells them also it is like 3 hours long. Kevin Castle sounds like he has just come out of a coma a lot of the time too.

Alan4l actually woke me up and texted me that he recorded this as he knew I would mark:
    DR. KEITH PRESENTS: The Masterpiece!!!

A special interview this week on the DKP with one of the most improved wrestlers of the last 18 months - Chris Mordetzky aka Chris Masters! In a really fascinating interview Chris talks about his release from WWE, the work he was doing on Superstars, his initial run working with Shawn Michaels, THE MASTERLOCK, his deadly flying shoulder tackle and much more. If you ever thought Masters was just a bodybuilder guy, you need to listen to this because he shows that he's a guy with a huge passion for wrestling. This is a FREE show so spread it around and check out http://www.wrestlingobserver.com if you aren't already a member for many more great interviews like this. CHECK IT!!!

http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/081611dks.mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Only started listening to wrestling podcasts over the past month or so,usually listen to them when I'm in the gym or on the bus,Lagana's ones are a bit hit and miss,but when they're good they're very good!

Cabana's AOW podcasts are just awesome though,have gone through all of them now and my favourites are his shows with Luke Gallows,Festus,Punk,Ryder and I really liked the one he did with Johnny Saint a few weeks back, because I've been watching and loving some of his old World of Sport matches on some Sky channel,so was cool to hear from him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Downloading some of these now.

HA! Jaykhunter gets a mention on Review A Wai's Summerslam '06 podcast. His question is asked and answered. Nice.

Also listened to Beth's appearnace on AoW and fell in love with her. Well, fell more in love with her. Came accross as really nice.

lol :p big fan of Review-a-Wai. My crowning moment was when Pollock flubbed a line and Jim Cornette asked "Jay Hunter's doing a run-in?" :pac:

Review-a-Wai proving that everything was better back in the day with Fall Brawl 1995.

Wrestling is so terrible these days. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Anyone here listen to this podcast by Colt Cabana?
    This weeks one is hilarious. His guest talking about a recent wrestling trip to Nigeria with Festus. Worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

Anyone here listen to this podcast by Colt Cabana?
    This weeks one is hilarious. His guest talking about a recent wrestling trip to Nigeria with Festus. Worth a listen.
    yeah I listened to it it was quality, it was with domino who was tag champs a few years back in the wwe. i was pissing myself laughing at the bit where he said gallows was shouting at him to punch the great uti in the balls. If anyone hasnt heard you should def listen you can get it on itunes or welovecolt.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

yeah that was hilarious. The press conference they had for the tour is on youtube by the way. The one were they were told to hit Uti as hard as possible because in Nigeria, no one is aware that its a work.

Another Jay Hunter mention on Review-a-Wai's Raw review this week :P Do they teach charisma classes as part of your doctor's training?

really? nice! i'm only watching the opening segment to last night's raw now :pac:

• Advertisement

Huh, I thought they name dropped you cause you were in their chat or something...

So how do they know you and name drop you? :confused:

Advertisement