Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elm Green Golf Club, Dublin

• 10-06-2008 7:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I am thinking about joining Elm Green Golf Club and was just wondering does anyone have any feedback about the club.......?

As its a public course is it always packed?? And whats it like during the Winter months? Is it playable?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

there have been a few threads that have contained this discussion.

Myself and Graeme are members.

The course is fine, and wears the traffic well. You will struggle to get tee times for competitions on the Sunday, although I gather you can show up and you will typically get out.

I haven't played it in the depths of winter, but through Feb onwards it was grand.

I will look to join somewhere else as a long term home, but Elm Green does what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

There's been quite a lot of discussion about Elmgreen on here over the months. Go to the search bar at the top and it should throw up a lot of it.

I'm a member up there since last summer. The course is generally busy but you'll generally always get out. Saturdays are busy, as are bank Hoolidays, but with no member discounts on those days you probably wouldn't look to play there on the those days anyway.

Getting an early tee time on competition sundays is difficult also. After 1 oclock is straight forward enough.

One of the biggest positives is the winter. The greens were arguably at their best in January / February time! There are no winter greens which is great and competitions run right through the winter, every sunday.

The course is on the hill, with the river at the bottom so it drains well. Only one this year was cancelled due to rain. a couple others were delayed and cut to 9 holes due to fog and/or frost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭03mcgs0

Thanks gents that’s a great help.

What I want is to head out for a quick 9 holes after work around 4.30 and maybe the odd 18 at weekends and days off. Especially with the weather so good.

If anyone else has got any comments on the course keep them coming, all gratefully taken as I’m seriously thinking of joining…

03mcgs0 wrote: »
    Thanks gents that’s a great help.

What I want is to head out for a quick 9 holes after work around 4.30 and maybe the odd 18 at weekends and days off. Especially with the weather so good.

If anyone else has got any comments on the course keep them coming, all gratefully taken as I’m seriously thinking of joining…

You'll be fine for 9 after work no bother. I do this quite often.

One thing to watch out for though is that i think membership closes around this time of year. Membership is Jan to Jan so you might want to get in touch to see what the deal is.

Good luck, and if you need any more help just post.

Just after speaking to a work collogue and he told me, although he wasn't sure that…..

Membership is an initial €475 and than you pay €11 or €20 depending on which day per round than after????

If it is that I’d prefer to pay something like €600 out right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 rich87

I am a member at elm green also, think its a very good course playable all year round, great value if you can play midweek, but as said before can be hard to get an early tee time for sunday competions

Is it not a killer having to pay every time you go out to play though?? On top of your membership, I know the membership is cheap and everything.

I mean some evenings I’d just want to go out a play 3 or 4 holes, and practice a bit of putting, just really to scrub on different areas of my game. I don’t want to think about paying every single time I touch the course?!

03mcgs0 wrote: »
    Is it not a killer having to pay every time you go out to play though?? On top of your membership, I know the membership is cheap and everything.

I mean some evenings I’d just want to go out a play 3 or 4 holes, and practice a bit of putting, just really to scrub on different areas of my game. I don’t want to think about paying every single time I touch the course?!

You're in the same position as i was in when i joined. Yes, you have to pay each time you go. It's 475 for the year. Discounted rate is 11 euro mon-fri before 1pm only. Also a sunday is 11 euro. All other times you have to pay full whack.

It is pretty ****, especially if you work mon-fri like myself. But i did all the sums and it was as cheap a golf as i was going to get anywhere, without paying a hefty joining fee somewhere or joining a club a good distance away. For the few holes after work i use their twilight rate of 17 euro (as many holes as you can after 18.30). The putting green up there and also the pitching area is free to use. The former is very good, the latter is very average.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Orcue

The course is always in great condition. Traffic on the course is not as great as threads are suggesting. Sunday competitions - you will always get out.
    Membership is in two categories - details on their new club website www.elmgreengolfclub.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Orcue

Two membership categories - €450 membership you pay €11 green fee
    €850 membership covers all golf 7 days a week with no restrictions.

• Advertisement

Orcue wrote: »
    Two membership categories - €450 membership you pay €11 green fee
    €850 membership covers all golf 7 days a week with no restrictions.

You must be involved in the Club, this thread was started by myself some time back.

Can I ask, if I was to join the club in say June or July, cant at the moment because of work commitments and unfortunately the prospect of no job! Will the membership decrease because I would only be a member for 7 or eight months?

Well done on the website, it is much improved on the previous one.

Advertisement