Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

LittleWoods - Missing Payments

• 19-11-2012 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi All,

I am looking abit of advice. I made a payment over a month ago to Littlewoods from my AIB online banking. AIB are setup along with Littlewoods so all I had to do is input my own littlewoods account number and payment amount. To this day no payment has been received by Littlewoods (apparently), although I have confirmed with AIB that the payment was made and accepted by Littlewoods. I have contacted them over 30 times now by phone and email and they wouldn't provide me with any conclusion to this matter.

Is there any way that I can ask the Bank to re-claim this money or what other methods can I take?

I have also sent Littlewoods Screenshots of the Payments going from my online account and a letter from AIB stating that the payment was made. The only responses I get are: what is the sort code you have sent the money too.

I've run out of ideas...please advise :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

AIB can not take the funds without LW allowing them.

The issue is with LW and AIB. The Narrative containing your LW account number should appear on LW bank statement to allow LW reconcile your account with them.

Have you had AIB confirm that the narrative is correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GerWoods

Hi thanks for the reply.

Yes all accounts details are correct and have been confirmed by both bank and LW

So i'm confused to where to go to next

I've spoken to Littlewoods Missing Payments Customer Care and they informed me that they can retrieve the payment within a few days? I never heard anything back from that operator. I then got an email from another operator stating that it would take 6-8weeks to trace the payment. then recently got one stating there is nothing more they can do.

so i'm completely lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

GerWoods wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am looking abit of advice. I made a payment over a month ago to Littlewoods from my AIB online banking. AIB are setup along with Littlewoods so all I had to do is input my own littlewoods account number and payment amount. To this day no payment has been received by Littlewoods (apparently), although I have confirmed with AIB that the payment was made and accepted by Littlewoods. I have contacted them over 30 times now by phone and email and they wouldn't provide me with any conclusion to this matter.

Is there any way that I can ask the Bank to re-claim this money or what other methods can I take?

I have also sent Littlewoods Screenshots of the Payments going from my online account and a letter from AIB stating that the payment was made. The only responses I get are: what is the sort code you have sent the money too.

I've run out of ideas...please advise :(

I can say that Littlewoods have a missing payments department. Screenshots emailed into the Littlewoods missing payments department should be enough for them to investigate.

A missing payments investigation usually takes 3-5 days. If you've not heard anything after that you should raise it again.

I would advise you to email the screenshots rather than phone as you'll just be asked to email anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Tow

Littlewoods are a money lender and come under the remit of the Financial Regulator. Look for a finial response letter from them and if you are not happy with the reply raise the issue with the Financial Services Ombudsman

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭afterhours

Same thing just happened to me. I rang my bank and they told me that 30 euro was taken from my account.

Littlewoods are acting like children telling me that it's been denied and wasn't taken from my account. But it shows up in transaction section in my bank account as taken by littlewoods.

what you can do is fill in a bank dispute form and have the bank directly take the payment from littlewoods if nothing is revolved on littlewoods side.

I'm going to do this next wednesday if the payment isn't back into my bank account, i'm allowing 3-5 days for it to be credited back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement