Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 3 soldering

• 02-08-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Can anyone recommend someone who's able to solder a ps3

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

KOPHEAD wrote: »

Thanks

Either God or Touching Virus. The latter may be more contactable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 KOPHEAD

Any idea how I can contact God??

EnterNow wrote: »

Thanks

Sorry I mean touching virus!

Thanks

People have been trying for over two thousand years without any success...I think he closed his account.

To my knowledge he's not offering any PS3 related services. He has an ad in the console modding services thread so I suppose you could pm him to ask, but as before, I'm quite certain he's not doing ps3 work at the moment.

Nobody else here offers PS3 soldering/nand services either as it's a complete time sink. What are you trying to do?

I'm hoping to jailbreak but I'm running fw 3.72 and I here it needs an e3 flasher

People have been trying for over two thousand years without any success...I think he closed his account.

To my knowledge he's not offering any PS3 related services. He has an ad in the console modding services thread so I suppose you could pm him to ask, but as before, I'm quite certain he's not doing ps3 work at the moment.

Nobody else here offers PS3 soldering/nand services either as it's a complete time sink. What are you trying to do?

• Advertisement

I'm hoping to jailbreak but I'm running fw 3.72 and I here it needs an e3 flasher

Your best bet would be buying one thats already running cfw, the soldering involved in fitting an E3 is expert level & I'm not sure you'll get it done for any sane price.

There's 3 Ps3's running cfw for sale in this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056388666

Thanks for your help
    There's 3 Ps3's running cfw for sale in this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056388666

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fitseeker

Your best bet would be buying one thats already running cfw, the soldering involved in fitting an E3 is expert level & I'm not sure you'll get it done for any sane price.

There wasn't any soldering involved when I fit my E3 flasher, just a clip you had to tape onto one of the chips on the motherboard. Was a pain in the ass to figure it all out as a beginner though, even with guides.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I still have my e3 flasher in its box, I went to try the downgrade months ago, realized I didnt have the correct screwdriver to open the ps3, and I haven't touched it since !!

I must try it soon :)

• Advertisement

Fitseeker wrote: »
    There wasn't any soldering involved when I fit my E3 flasher, just a clip you had to tape onto one of the chips on the motherboard. Was a pain in the ass to figure it all out as a beginner though, even with guides.

To my knowledge though, not all sku's can be used with the clip. Also from personal experience with mod chips etc, quick fit clips are more trouble than they're worth. I wouldn't fancy writing to a nand with one personally

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fitseeker

To my knowledge though, not all sku's can be used with the clip. Also from personal experience with mod chips etc, quick fit clips are more trouble than they're worth. I wouldn't fancy writing to a nand with one personally

Ahh, I think you're right. It is a pain to use, had to reopen the PS3 and tape it down at least 3-4 different times until it would work properly.

Advertisement