Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best pizza in waterford?????????

• 21-10-2007 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭

ok folks, where can the best pizza be had, and who are the best when delivered? this is important so think long and hard about ur replies. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

i like coney island

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

i love dominos mmmmmmm now i want a pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

lazy and hungry so i rang four star, 16'' for a tenner. she'll be on the doorstep in half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I think Bellissimo in Ardkeen might do takeaways if you ask nicely... lovely pizzas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

i used to love dominos until i found out i was intolerant to gluten. tasty munch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Topic Cleaned - stick to the topic at hand please lads. PMs are great for personal messages. :)

Coney Island are faster service and not bad food.. Dominos I like a lot, espically there "Chocolate Brownies". There just very slow.

This new place "Apache" or something, iv heard plenty of good stuff about it. Never tried it yet tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

I've tried Godfather, Dominos, Coney Island & Apache.

Out of the lot I actually like the new one Apache.

A lot of people forgetting about Ginos!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Gino's hands down IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Baby4 wrote: »

Really??? Now, I have to say, I haven't eaten there in some time.
    But, I think some people will agree, you can't beat their ice cream!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ginos - I was never a regular there, but I still like their food. Thought the ice cream portions were smaller tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Baby4 wrote: »

Like another poster it has being while since I was there, so if thats true it a real shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I'm a big pizza man, I'm also a big man but that is another story. I find each place has its plus' and minuses.

Coney Island is great for thin base and is mint with a dip

Dominos is very inconsistent, some nights you get it would be mighty, others it would be burnt and dry.

Hate Four Star. Nothing to do with the staff or anything just don't like that style of pizza.

Espresso do a very nice pizza.

Gino's is still the king tho for eating in. Never had one bad experience there, well except for one night waiting on a take out, but you wouldnt hold it against them. Still haven't tried Apache, will try it tho after hearing all the good things hee about it, plus, have a load of vouchers for there aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I'm a big pizza man, I'm also a big man but that is another story. I find each place has its plus' and minuses.

Coney Island is great for thin base and is mint with a dip

Dominos is very inconsistent, some nights you get it would be mighty, others it would be burnt and dry.

Hate Four Star. Nothing to do with the staff or anything just don't like that style of pizza.

Espresso do a very nice pizza.

Gino's is still the king tho for eating in. Never had one bad experience there, well except for one night waiting on a take out, but you wouldnt hold it against them. Still haven't tried Apache, will try it tho after hearing all the good things hee about it, plus, have a load of vouchers for there aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

For a sit down Coney Island I had Domino's yesterday for my hangover it was a bit too on the greasy side. I do like Four Star, there my fav at the moment.
    Paddy@CIRL wrote:
    Still haven't tried Apache, will try it tho after hearing all the good things hee about it, plus, have a load of vouchers for there aswell :)

Let us know what Apache is like

Tried Apache tonight.. nothing special. Nice food, similar style pizzas to Dominos. Only thing to point out that there plain cheese pizza has tomatoes chopped over it. Its not the usual cheese and tomatoe base :)

Overall, it was a good service - cheap, great deals (buy 1 pizza, get 1 free), nice enough food. Doesnt compete with Ginos..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I too am curious about Apache.

I think Ginos went seriously down hill because of one simple thing - the transition from wooden base trays to metal base trays. Because the metal base trays are cold when the pizzas are put on them, it leads to a soggy pizza which really doesn't taste nice. If only they put the metal trays into the oven for a few seconds to heat them up but it seems as if the staff can't be bothered to do anything like that (even though I've spoken to them on many an occassion).

Dominos are my favourite for speciality pizzas - I just love their Meat-rich pizzas and would always get one if we're ordering in a group - whereas I like Coney Island for their cheap meal deal for one which fills the gap nicely!

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Four Star. Terribly inconsistent deliverys (pizza could be cold and an hour late) and a pizza crust that's nothing to write home about!

I've only ever order a pizza delivery once from Domino's once and swore never again. It was cold and the guy deliverying it walked shraight in the front door I had to tell him to stop before he got to the kitchen door. And he smelled rotten, the kinda smell that lingers 2 hours after he was gone

Dominos delivery was never great service, I to had bad experience.

I always call in my order and collect it - much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Where are apache set up ? Havent seen the place yet. Might stick my head in over the weekend !

Dominos for me, just for the dominator base.

Used to love 4-Star but felt the quality was going downhill. The pizzas were also getting progressively drier I found.

Coney Island were grand, havent been in there in years though.

Wasnt really impressed with Godfathers at all.

Was in Gino's recently found it to be fine. Though the GF complained they changed the tomato sauce and it wasnt as nice as the older stuff. Didnt notice it personally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jimmytheman

toss up between Espresso and Ginos -
    2 totally different styles = love Espresso s base and weird toppings - had duck last time and thai chicken time before --

well dont Adriano

What's the story with Pizza Hut when is it opening

Apache is located where the old Abrekedbra store is - directly acorss from Coney Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

pizza hut?

ec18 wrote:
    pizza hut?

yeah it's supposed to be opening in the new place (don't know what it's called) where Storm cinemas is. that was the rumour anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Half of the countries retail giants are supposed to be opening in there :). The only place thusfar to apply for planning permission has been Musgraves who plan on opening a SuperValu in there. Why they didn't try and have PP granted prior to the opening of the complex is beyond me as now they've ensured the loss of potential customers (i.e residents above) who do their shopping in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

cllr mc cann objected to the pp of pizza hut for some unknown reason but he objects to everything in this city. What about del pappas on patrick street never tried it but i heard it to be really good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Just browsing through old threads and wondering has the takeaway pizza market suffered from the recession, would imagine its decimated as €30 on a few pizzas would be the first cut anyone would make, and half the customers are probably ordering it in Sydney?
    Who is the best nowadays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I haven't ordered pizza in ages. Especially with that Chicagotown Takeaway pizza that they sell in Tescos, nicer then any takeaway imo. There's a new place, Pizza Palace, where Aarons chipper used to be, they sell 16" pizzas for 8.99. I wouldn't mind giving them a shot, if anyone has tried them, let me know if they are any good.

Advertisement