Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who does everyone fancy but you don't?

• 15-04-2012 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

The 'who makes you drool?' thread got me thinking. We all focus on who we think is hot, but what about those who just simply are 'not'! Now don't get me wrong (as Chrissie Hynde would say), I don't wan't this to be about people identifying other people as being 'ugly' because there is no such thing and beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all of that....but who do find just 'not hot' even though everybody else seems to rave about them...I'll get the ball rollin'.....not for love nor money would I go near him! I's say he's up himself too!

Adam-Levine_copy_2.jpeg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭wayfarers

Rupert Everett. Kill it (him) with the fire of a thousand burning suns. Which is pretty much what his face is like these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭brokenice

wayfarers wrote: »
    Rupert Everett. Kill it (him) with the fire of a thousand burning suns. Which is pretty much what his face is like these days.

burn!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

This is mean. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yeah I'm not sure I'm too keen on this thread, seems a bit mean-spirited... I know what you mean, OP, thee are loads of girls who everyone raves about but who do nothing for me, but I don't know if it's right to say they make me barf, that's a bit too far...

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

brokenice wrote: »
    The 'who makes you drool?' thread got me thinking. We all focus on who we think is hot, but what about those who just simply are 'not'! Now don't get me wrong (as Chrissie Hynde would say), I don't wan't this to be about people identifying other people as being 'ugly' because there is no such thing and beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all of that....but who do find just 'not hot' even though everybody else seems to rave about them...I'll get the ball rollin'.....not for love nor money would I go near him! I's say he's up himself too!

Adam-Levine_copy_2.jpeg
    I think Adam Levine looks very handsome.

adam-levine.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

brokenice wrote: »

Adam-Levine_copy_2.jpeg
    now stick your own "worst" picture up for scrutiny:D

We can all have pictures which make us look like aliens depending on the exact moment the picture is taken and angle light exposure etc etc.

I could never know what any person was like just by some random picture taken of them by some news of the world hack!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Adam Levine is good looking. He may not be your cup of tea and might be a tad on the vain side but he's far from an uggo.:rolleyes:

Is the OP even into guys at all?:confused:

Here's my selections:

Actor Steve Buscemi- IMO he wasn't blessed with hunk-like features, but he's a pretty good actor.
    steve_buscemi_226870246.jpg

Jocelyn Wildenstein - this is how cosmetic surgery can go very, very, very wrong.
    Jocelyn+Wildenstein+ugly.jpg

Pogues lead singer Shane McGowan - The face only a mother could love. Given his alcohol and drug consumption it's amazing that he's still around.
    8-1.jpg

Former Taoiseach Brian Cowen. Probably the ugliest face to have graced the office of An Taoiseach to date. Left an even uglier mess in his wake.
    Brian-Cowen1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Adam Levine is good looking. He may not be your cup of tea and might be a tad on the vain side but he's far from an uggo.:rolleyes:

Is the OP even into guys at all?:confused:

Did you even read the original post? This is not about who you think is ugly, but who other people rave about that do nothing for you.

My choice would be Robert Pattinson. I suspect he wouldn't be as popular if he hadn't been in the Twilight movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

I know what you mean, OP, thee are loads of girls who everyone raves about but who do nothing for me, but I don't know if it's right to say they make me barf, that's a bit too far...

I agree that the thread title is a bit much - perhaps "Who leaves you cold?" (or similar) would be better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I kind of a agree with Baby. All I have to say is, keep it nice and don't take it personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Excellent! :D

Beckham, C Ronaldo, the werewolf one in the Twilight "movies", the twinks [EMAIL="W@nk"]W@nk[/EMAIL] Direction topping the crap charts and the list goes on...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,736 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Gadgie wrote: »
    I agree that the thread title is a bit much - perhaps "Who leaves you cold?" (or similar) would be better.

Thread title changed.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Thread title changed.

Now I can answer without feeling like a horrible, horrible person. Georgia Salpa is just a big scary no for me, but apparently she's the greatest thing since sliced bread?

As an aside - very hard woman to find a PG picture of...

Georgia-Salpa-01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I have never understood the fascination with Scarlett Johanson. I can see she's good looking but just really not my type at all.

scarlett-johanson-picture-1.jpg

She just looks a bit... beige

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I get the thread now.:D Golden rule - don't jump into post ing on a thread until you've read the first few posts at least.:o:pac:

I've always thought that Johnny Depp was a bit overrated. He's certainly attractive but has never done it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

Brad Pitt
    Charleeze Theron

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

George Clooney. Maybe it's because I'm a teenager so I didn't grow up loving him since he's old, but I actually can't see it.

george-clooney.jpg

He looks like the president of Iran in that pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

Cloony - mostly the doctor thing! (ER)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

pink-with.jpeg

Pink. I feel like I'm going against all things Lesbian just saying it. I know she's pretty and got a great body...but......meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jaymiami

Leonardo DiCaprio.
    Agree with Johnny Depp.

Angelina Jolie. No thank you!
    Your one who is Justin Bieber's girlfriend. Selena Gomez, I think her name is? Too young anyways :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

pink-with.jpeg

Pink. I feel like I'm going against all things Lesbian just saying it. I know she's pretty and got a great body...but......meh
    She is a bit mehh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

jaymiami wrote: »
    Leonardo DiCaprio.
    Agree with Johnny Depp.

Angelina Jolie. No thank you!
    Your one who is Justin Bieber's girlfriend. Selena Gomez, I think her name is? Too young anyways :P
    Selena Gomez would be classed as barely legal :)
    One thing that goes against her is she's Biebers gf

Advertisement