Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spurs v chelsea

• 23-03-2012 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Well,

big game again tomorrow. Not very hopeful at all, i think we could get a bit of a hiding to be honest.

Im worried about drogba / torres / lampard against our defense , considering that king prob wont play and it will be gallas.

a draw would be a fine result for us but i think it will be 3-1 to chelsea with vdv being totally anonymous

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

mickman wrote: »
    Well,

big game again tomorrow. Not very hopeful at all, i think we could get a bit of a hiding to be honest.

Im worried about drogba / torres / lampard against our defense , considering that king prob wont play and it will be gallas.

a draw would be a fine result for us but i think it will be 3-1 to chelsea with vdv being totally anonymous

Yeah not too confident about this one at all. VdV is your fave player hey ;). If he is anonymous and scores an injury time equaliser again I will take that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

A good solid performance had by all tomorrow, the players no they've been underperforming. Goldilocks lookalike for Chelsea normally does something mad, a rash challenge and sees red perhaps.

Don’t see it being a hiding either, Chelsea aren’t exactly awe inspiring. They've had more stability since AVB departed. They need the win badly, it should make for a classic. 3-3 goalfest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Well,

Yeah not too confident about this one at all. VdV is your fave player hey ;). If he is anonymous and scores an injury time equaliser again I will take that :)

I actually love the guys talent but when he is bad then he is awful

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Spurs to shock us all as per the emirates last season and win a thrilling game :D:cool:

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Spurs to play muck again, making Chelsea look better than they actually are. 3 - 0 to the home team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

If ever there was a must win game this is it,unfortunately it's against Chelsea in Stamford bridge so basically we can forget about it..I hope Hatch99 is right though:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous for this... Reckon it'll be 2-1 Chelsea with us going one up just to make it even more depressing !!

Sad to think a few weeks back we would all be gagging for this expecting to demolish Chelsea ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Starting 11

Brad

Walker Gallas Kaboul BAE
    Luka Sandro Parker Bale
    VDV
    Adebayor

Another Sandro goal please. Followed by bale and Lennon sticking to the wings for once !! Big game needed from Gallas too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Sandro and Parker both playing so Modric needs to push forward at every chance, need a big game from him...

Also, Bale has to destroy Boswinga and/or cole down the wing, that's key.... COYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Not sure how we didn't score there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

PogMoThoin wrote: »

I know:o

VDV on his bad foot:(

Still we showed enough in our rare flurrys forward to leave me confident of us nicking a rare win at the bridge:cool:

COYS:D

davycc wrote: »
    PogMoThoin wrote: »

I know:o

VDV on his bad foot:(

Still we showed enough in our rare flurrys forward to leave me confident of us nicking a rare win at the bridge:cool:

COYS:D

I wonder how many more mistakes callas is going to make

Is this the final year of his contract ?

I wonder how many more mistakes callas is going to make

Is this the final year of his contract ?

He is very prone to being bashed off the ball and being well out of position:(. not sure when his contract is up though:confused:

fooking BAE is gonna cost us this game:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bar Walker, the back four have been fúcking shíte.

fooking BAE is gonna cost us this game:mad:

Our two centre halves and ekotto have been very poor

how did gallas not score that free header from 5yards:o:eek:

how did ade miss that:mad::mad::mad::mad:

how did ade miss that:mad::mad::mad::mad:

It looks like the Stoke game was our much needed turning point

Today was massively improved . Besides the two centre backs and benny the rest of the team played very well. Ade in particular was excellent

In short we had the better chances by far and had more of the game in general .

A much needed result , push on for 3rd now from here

full time 0-0 bore fest that we really should have won:o

walker got sky MOTM:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Happy enough with that result. Never easy coming away with anything from Stamford Bridge, and we were definitely the better team in the 2nd half. Disappointed that we didn't finish any of the few good chances we had, but still. The point is what matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

As good and as important as a win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

unlucky not to win but a good result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Before the game I would have been happy with 0-0.

But tbh honest was very disappointed we didn't win. Had plenty of chances. Got a good feeling for spurs now. Just need to win our next few and we should be laughing

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Before the game I would have been happy with 0-0.

But tbh honest was very disappointed we didn't win. Had plenty of chances. Got a good feeling for spurs now. Just need to win our next few and we should be laughing

Chelsea have the hardest fixtures left , we have much easier

It looks like the Stoke game was our much needed turning point

Today was massively improved . Besides the two centre backs and benny the rest of the team played very well. Ade in particular was excellent

In short we had the better chances by far and had more of the game in general .

A much needed result , push on for 3rd now from here

Yeah who knows what that injury time equaliser will mean to our season, a lot i reckon. I think we have turned a corner now and can push on. Proud of the boys today.

They showed matas free kick again . It came back to David luiz and he mid kicked. Drogba just threw himself on the ground then with no spurs player anywhere near him . Not sure if he was just frustrated or did he dive looking for a penalty . If it was looking for a penalty then it's shocking stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Gallas may have looked poor but he's had little game time and was still commanding the team until the last few minutes. BAE remains a liability...

Adebayor stood up today and led the line very well, Modric had a great second half as did the whole team....

I thought Gary Cahill had a very good game....

Come on Villa!! - Ooops.... Spoke to soon...

Gallas may have looked poor but he's had little game time and was still commanding the team until the last few minutes. BAE remains a liability...

Adebayor stood up today and led the line very well, Modric had a great second half as did the whole team....

I thought Gary Cahill had a very good game....

Come on Villa!! - Ooops.... Spoke to soon...

Yea im happy with the point but we had so many chances to get a well deserved winner im dissapointed with our finishing and desision making in the last 3rd
    .. bad news is arsenal are 2nil up already:(

• Advertisement

Yea im happy with the point but we had so many chances to get a well deserved winner im dissapointed with our finishing and desision making in the last 3rd
    .. bad news is arsenal are 2nil up already:(

Yeah but I knew Villa would roll over today, hoping they might drop points in other games.

Advertisement