Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

I'm actually bricking tomorrow! My tutor is and idiot and can't explain the littlest of things. I'm looking over my presentation and I'm 99% sure my original one was correct and the remake is wrong. I'll be seriously p!ssed if I loose marks for this. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Night loungers!

At least tomorrow... isn't Monday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Looking at new fonts to download so I can mess around typing in Wordpad. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Sorry to all you ladies going through a tough time, really hope things get better for you all soon. We're all always here for chats and rants xx

My boyfriend went on a bit of a rant yesterday and said some kinda (reallllyyyy) hurtful things. Normally when he says sorry i'm like yeah it's okay and get over it, but I'm finding it difficult to let this one go. I've not brought it back up, and i'm not going to, but it's just been in my head since. Everytime I think about it I need to stop myself from crying :confused: I think it's because this time I think he really meant everything he said, which in turn, has me thinking that he doesn't love me and want to be in a relationship with me as much as I love him and want to be in a relationship with him. Which doesn't feel very nice at all :(

And even though he says he didn't mean it and has apologized, i'm not convinced. For the first time in 2years, I really think he meant it. And it kinda really very hurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Rammstein was amazing. The best gig of my life.

I am very sore right now. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I ate six eggs today and seven yesterday. Is it okay to eat that many? I guess bodybuilders do. I just really, really like eggs :/

I dunno, I always heard 7 in a week. I know my friend developed an allergy to eggs after having too many in one day.
    Question for people who really like Dr. Who:

Is Torchwood any good?

Battling with the temptation to treat myself to the Boxset but want to be sure that I'll think it's good etc. first.

Exam in about 11 hours. Would much rather someone else did it for me....

Series 3 and Children of Men. The rest can be very annoying.
    bubblefett wrote: »
    I find the main thing to remember is it's not doctor who and it's very different (for one it's a 18s, doctor who is 12s). I enjoyed it but I didn't love it the same way I love doctor who. Though I know people who actually prefer it.
    I'd say it's worth watching definetly but expect a harsher show. It's up on netflix so maybe sign up for their free trial and watch a few episodes?

+1 - it reminds me of that Hollyoaks after dark thing :)

More Dirk Gently coming to BBC4 at the weekend - *flails*

Links234 wrote: »

The girlfriend found her ticket did she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Morning all!

If anyone is feeling generous today the OH is doing a charity walk for the Galway Hospice.

Please feel free to donate :D

Linky

In other news I got the most utterly horrible pounding headache last night. Still not feeling 100% today. Hope I'm not coming down with something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Posy wrote: »

The girlfriend found her ticket did she?
    we managed to find her a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sigh, at work less than an hour and already had the customer from hell, middle aged wagon, stupidly ignorant, argumentative, kept cutting me off mid sentence, you know shes the type to cause a fuss over fcuk all in all walks of life, uggggh now for coffee

• Advertisement

we managed to find her a replacement.
    Yaaaay. :)

Krudler, as someone who had been working in retail and in the bookies for all of my twenties, I feel your pain. Most people are idiots.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Still can't find my keys for work. The mystery continues. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

So, my marriage is officially over. Well, not officially, obviously, as we still have all the legalities to go through, but STBEH made it patently clear last night that there's no going back for us. I'm in a bit of a daze today, tbh, I was still holding onto the smallest glimmer of hope up to now. I'm probably back to square one now in the coming-to-terms-with-things stakes.

Audi, I'm so sorry to hear about Tiny. I have three Boxers that are living with STBEH and I miss them so much it's like a physical pain in my heart sometimes. And now I actually don't know if I'll ever even see them again.

Oh, and my car failed the NCT, to top it all off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Massive hugs Honey xx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Still can't find my keys for work. The mystery continues. :(

acoshla baked them into one of her cakes

i'd keep an eye on her!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭ShiftStorm

Dolorous wrote: »
    Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    I have a gun,
    Get in the van.

You're welcome ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

byrned17 wrote: »
    You're welcome ;)

Finders keepers :p

Also... Tuesday, y u no Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭ShiftStorm

Dolorous wrote: »
    Finders keepers :p

Also... Tuesday, y u no Friday?

Coz we have friends coming over Friday! No worries if not, we can 'reschedge'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

byrned17 wrote: »
    Coz we have friends coming over Friday! No worries if not, we can 'reschedge'

Haha, I was talking to Tuesday, asking why it wasn't Friday yet! So our plans are safe ;)

Edit: PM'd you!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Honey-ec wrote: »
    So, my marriage is officially over. Well, not officially, obviously, as we still have all the legalities to go through, but STBEH made it patently clear last night that there's no going back for us. I'm in a bit of a daze today, tbh, I was still holding onto the smallest glimmer of hope up to now. I'm probably back to square one now in the coming-to-terms-with-things stakes.

Audi, I'm so sorry to hear about Tiny. I have three Boxers that are living with STBEH and I miss them so much it's like a physical pain in my heart sometimes. And now I actually don't know if I'll ever even see them again.

Oh, and my car failed the NCT, to top it all off.
    I am so sorry to hear that, I cannot even begin to imagine the emotional upheaval you're experiencing right now. Surround yourself with good friends and just allow yourself grieve. The very best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

Need a trip down to Dublin, that might sort me out.. if only i'd the time to just disappear for few days.
    Lack of motivation is unreal. People who wouldnt usually annoy me bugging hell out of me. wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I'm so hungry today :(
    Ether it's because
    (a) Im still growing (inch in the last two weeks...yay) and I now need more food or
    (b) I'm confusing boredom with hunger (week of college)

Hmm.

Also really sorry to hear about that honey-ec :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

So sorry to hear that Honey, there's lots of platitudes I can throw about but I think the best thing is too do what ever feels right to you. Take time or scream and shout or shag the toyboy, etc. For me ranting and "nearly kill yourself exercise" almost always work.

Really do feel for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Honey Ec, Sorry to hear about what you're going through,Chin up and keep it up.

You're so much stronger than you think you are, or think you could ever be. You just don't realize your strength until you have no choice but to be as strong as you can be. You gotta keep fighting til you've no fight left, and you've got plenty of fight left in ya to do ya a good few more years, so no giving up just yet :) xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Honey-ec wrote: »

Sorry to hear that. But move back in to the house. It's your house too and he shouldn't be just able to push you out. Let him move home for a bit now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

so sorry to hear Honey-ec! Hugs!! xxx

Philosophy Essay is kicking me ass!!

Philosophy 1 - Pixie 0 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Das Kitty wrote: »
    More Dirk Gently coming to BBC4 at the weekend - *flails*

....what?? Seriously?? GAAAAH!

Hugs for Honey-ec! Thinking of you x

Today, I'm gonna make cookies :) God I've to get back to working properly soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm in a poopy mood today. Plans for later in the week have been changed to include another person, which means I will now be the third wheel, which I'm sick of being (the joys of being an only child, always the outsider), so not happy about that. I also have a lot of stuff to do today but AS ALWAYS somebody is late to come see me, which really annoys me.

I also really want to sit down and eat loads of crisps, biscuits, takeaway etc, but obviously I know I shouldn't. Being stuck at home all day with all the makings of yummy baked things is torturous.

AND! This is the most first world problem so bear with me. A gorgeous piece of jewellery arrived by courier a little while ago for me. I have no idea who it's from (well, I have a fair idea but not definite), it's something I really wanted...but in a colour I would never EVER buy, and I'm wondering why this person would thing I'd like that colour, do they know me at all?! I am grateful for the thought and the effort, but will be more grateful when I've exhanged it for another colour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Thanks for all the hugs & well wishes, everyone, it actually does make a difference.
    cdaly_ wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. But move back in to the house. It's your house too and he shouldn't be just able to push you out. Let him move home for a bit now...

I'm not actually sure if I want to, cdaly. I'd be living alone an hour + drive away from my whole support network and I'm not entirely sure I'd be able for that. I'm lonely enough as it is, in a house with three other people in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Acoshla wrote: »

AND! This is the most first world problem so bear with me. A gorgeous piece of jewellery arrived by courier a little while ago for me. I have no idea who it's from (well, I have a fair idea but not definite), it's something I really wanted...but in a colour I would never EVER buy, and I'm wondering why this person would thing I'd like that colour, do they know me at all?! I am grateful for the thought and the effort, but will be more grateful when I've exhanged it for another colour!

That is a serious first world problem.

Sometimes I hate getting gifts. I'm very hard to buy for because I know what I want and if I don't get that i'm like 'meh'.

I pity my boyfriend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement