Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tuning up laptop

• 18-06-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi All,

GF has a Sony Vaio laptop, not particularly old or anything (maybe 18 months) but lately it has been slowing up. Taking longer to start, browser slower etc.

Can anyone provide a list of things i could do to tune up it?

I have gone through the following
    - Gotten rid of any unwanted installed programs.
    - Gotten rid of a lot of photos/files etc on her C drive.
    - De fragmented the hard drive.

- Installed google chrome at she is now using that.

Are there any other steps i can carry out to tune this up?

Any help appreciated.. i dont think it needs to be fixed/looked at, just would like a step in the right direction to make sure she is getting the most out of it.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement