Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon's Mechanical Turk

• 23-11-2012 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I thought some of you might be interested in this.

Link: http://www.mturk.com
    Discussion forum for Mechanical Turk: http://www.reddit.com/r/mturk

In a nutshell, it's a work from home sort of thing run by Amazon. Most people use it to make an extra EUR 10 - 20 per day for when they are not busy in work or between college classes, but in theory if you are unemployed you could do this all day.

Maybe boards.ie members who currently use it can share their experiences here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,651 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's Friday night, and himself is asleep, so I decided to investigate.

IMHO the key phrase from the FAQ is this one:
    If you are a US based Worker, you can choose to disburse your earnings to your U.S. bank account or to an Amazon.com gift certificate balance. Workers in India have the option of receiving bank checks denominated in Indian Rupees or disbursing their earnings to an Amazon.com gift certificate. All other international Workers can only disburse to an Amazon.com gift certificate. Please note that all disbursements are made in whole cents only.

So I'm not sure there will be many boardies using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

It's Friday night, and himself is asleep, so I decided to investigate.

IMHO the key phrase from the FAQ is this one:

So I'm not sure there will be many boardies using it.

Good detective work Mrs OBumble!

That's a shame though, ah well.

I use a website called www.freelancer.com to outsource some work for my business. I have never used it as a jobseeker, but all the jobs on it are work from home. You can get paid however you want, so Irish people definitely qualify.

Advertisement