Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed: Revelations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

These games just neve stop coming, do they? I bloody hate the AC series. It's so damn boring and the story is being made up as they just make more and more sequels. It really shows. It's really nice to graphics and wandering around can be pleasant but the gameplay in all is just terrible (for every last one of the games). One of the easiest games to date which is why it's probably so popular. I can take out an army with my fists in that game, so dumb and completely unrealistic even though they say it's meant to be realistic.

From the people who made the hitmans games, you'd think they'd know something about cool target missions but apparently not. Just another generic AC game this is, I'm assuming. Proabably going to have a big annoying marketing campaign in every store with some pre-order trinkets.
    The more the merrier, I say. Keep 'em coming. Even if the story is being made up as they go along, it still is interesting, engaging and fun to play. Most of the people in this thread will agree with me on that one I'd say :pac:

Your point about them being so popular because they are so easy is nonsensical. Who in their right mind goes out of their way to buy and play a game because it's so easy? And then says, WOW that was a brilliant game afterwards and I only died once in the whole game!!!11

Also, why would you play through all three AC games if you hate them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Generally (not always) and excluding online play, games that are easier are more popular. You can see that from the sales in the games, it's not an opinion (although I suppose how difficult a game is would be opinion based) in modern times. The difficulty of games have dropped a whole lot and AC is just one of them. I could probably clear em' with my eyes closed.

As for why I hate em' yet bought em. AC 1 was just my first, how could I have known? I saw the info on second one... seemed like a big improvement and the game had potential anyway. And it was a big improvement... but still sucked as a game and was way too easy. Next one... adding online for the whole online fad. Ugh, I just got fed up with it. Although I've played em' all so far, I only bought 1 and 2 out of my money myself.

So yeah, people do buy games when they get through them with ease. It makes them feel badass when they're actually possibly terrible at games. That's actually all the AC series does imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

So yeah, people do buy games when they get through them with ease. It makes them feel badass when they're actually possibly terrible at games. That's actually all the AC series does imo.

Not everyone plays games to make themselves feel 'badass' as you so eloquently put it. I, myself, play games because I enjoy them and because they are an excellent form of escapism. And nothing beats Assassin's Creed in the escapism stakes. Great story, great characters, great settings, a very all-encompassing absorbing world (not so much the first one, but definitely the second and Brotherhood), a game you can get lost in for a while.

Perhaps, it's not for those people who see every newly released game as an excuse for a penis-measuring contest. It's probably more for those who don't derive their self-worth from how good they are at a video game and instead play video games to get away from real life for a while.

I actually agree with everything you said. The only thing is, I don't get any enjoyment from a game that is easy. I escape by playing a difficult game but there are very few these days and the only ones that are 'difficult' are more often than not difficult in all the wrong ways (which could be a topic for another thread). But even games on the hardest difficulty don't even match up to some of the easiest settings on older games.

There are cheaper ways to escape and relax than buying a full price, hyped up game that I'm just going to get through like a knife through butter. I like to get my money's worth and AC series doesn't measure up unfortunately. it's a real shame because it's a game I would really enjoy if it was at all difficult.

Hope I didn't come across too condescending. Definitely not comparing my e-penis here (hate people that do that), just expressing my disastisfaction of AC so far and the dread of another one. If they just added a difficulty setting it might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

I actually agree with everything you said. The only thing is, I don't get any enjoyment from a game that is easy. I escape by playing a difficult game but there are very few these days and the only ones that are 'difficult' are more often than not difficult in all the wrong ways (which could be a topic for another thread). But even games on the hardest difficulty don't even match up to some of the easiest settings on older games.

There are cheaper ways to escape and relax than buying a full price, hyped up game that I'm just going to get through like a knife through butter. I like to get my money's worth and AC series doesn't measure up unfortunately. it's a real shame because it's a game I would really enjoy if it was at all difficult.

Hope I didn't come across too condescending. Definitely not comparing my e-penis here (hate people that do that), just expressing my disastisfaction of AC so for and the dread of another one.

A person can relax however they feel, their are also some cheaper ways to escape and relax than buying a full price, hyped up hooker or dvd or whatever. People can spend their time how they like.

i agree on modern games being too easy. I quite enjoyed all the Assasins Creeds bar no.1, which is rubbish but thought they were far too easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,229 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Hope I didn't come across too condescending. Definitely not comparing my e-penis here (hate people that do that), just expressing my disastisfaction of AC so far and the dread of another one. If they just added a difficulty setting it might help.

If you have no intention of playing the game and you don't like it why are you spending your time bad mouthing the series?

I might not like the games you play, hey I might not like the food you like either, it doesn't mean I have the right to say your taste is stupid.
    I understand that your'e sharing your opinion, but perhaps you'd be better of starting another thread for this discussion instead of derailing this one and turning into your own opinion piece.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    If you have no intention of playing the game and you don't like it why are you spending your time bad mouthing the series?

I might not like the games you play, hey I might not like the food you like either, it doesn't mean I have the right to say your taste is stupid.
    I understand that your'e sharing your opinion, but perhaps you'd be better of starting another thread for this discussion instead of derailing this one and turning into your own opinion piece.

Another thread? How about no... this is a thread about the new AC game and I'm commenting on it because that's exactly what I wanted to do at the time. I talk about games I like and don't like. And I didn't come in here saying anything close to that anyone's taste is stupid... just the concept doesn't make sense. How about you just stop winging.

Another thread? How about no... this is a thread about the new AC game and I'm commenting on it because that's exactly what I wanted to do at the time. I talk about games I like and don't like. And I didn't come in here saying anything close to that anyone's taste is stupid... just the concept doesn't make sense. How about you just stop winging.

I'm not whinging, I'm pointing out that you're making this thread all about your dislike to the AC series, trolling if you will.

You're posting off topic, bad mouthing the AC series for not being "badass" enough for you.

If you don't like the AC series start a thread about it, here's a title for you;, I (Robert Ninja) think that the AC series is not "badass" enough, discuss...

I'd like to be able to read this thread which is about the next installment of a games series I enjoy, albeit not "badass" enough for some, without having to wade through reams of posts from your good self or anyone else for that matter saying that the AC series isn't "badass" enough.

I don't want to make you believe that the AC series is really good, your opinion is something I value. Your chossing to express it here in such a manner is something I do not value, nor do I value your attitude towards me thus far.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

There is a few details about this on Gamersmint.com. (don't know how to post links).Hard to know what to make of this game,it feels like a bit of a stopgap like brotherhood.I was hoping for Assassins III with a new lead.

GTR63 wrote: »
    There is a few details about this on Gamersmint.com. (don't know how to post links).Hard to know what to make of this game,it feels like a bit of a stopgap like brotherhood.I was hoping for Assassins III with a new lead.
    Literally copy and past the url at the top of the webpage into the reply box and it will turn it into a link for you when you hit the reply button.

here's the link btw.
    http://www.gamersmint.com/gi-assassins-creed-revelations-details-revealed

Some really interesting stuff in there. I think I like the idea of the
    bomb crafting.
    . Had a feeling the hooks would be used for
    ziplines
    This better not turn out to be something like
    San Andreas with the constant territory battles being waged.

• Advertisement

The reason why I now have a damn attitude is beause I've actually lost my patience, that's why I'm speaking like this. I made one post, and it's only because of your moaning have I had to respond to anything. You're not gonna bully me out of a thread about a game when all I did was make one post expressing my dread of another damn sequel to the series. That's it... and the rest has been people barking at me for it. It's your own damn fault we're still on the topic like this. I didn't wanna try hijack any thread and make it about my opinion, don't flatter yourself, I don't care about this game enough to go out of my way to do anything like that.
    I'm not whinging, I'm pointing out that you're making this thread all about your dislike to the AC series

No, you're doing that by continually quoting me and making a big deal out of it.

The reason why I now have a damn attitude is beause I've actually lost my patience, that's why I'm speaking like this. I made one post, and it's only because of your moaning have I had to respond to anything. You're not gonna bully me out of a thread about a game when all I did was make one post expressing my dread of another damn sequel to the series. That's it... and the rest has been people barking at me for it. It's your own damn fault we're still on the topic like this. I didn't wanna try hijack any thread and make it about my opinion, don't flatter yourself, I don't care about this game enough to go out of my way to do anything like that.

No, you're doing that by continually quoting me and making a big deal out of it.
    Right, it's gotten to the point where you seem to have a bigger problem with his replies than you do with the Assassin's Creed games, and that my friend, is too OT for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,432 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, I was looking forward to Ass 3 with a new character. I wonder if they thought because Ezio was so well liked by everyone (except ninja bob) they decided to throw him into the mix. Then thought 'oh we have to put in altair so as well' Its a def day one purchase for me and look forward to playing it, just hope they don't make a mess of the story and no more walking round killing people with super apples please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

They’re using a new type of capture facial technology called Mocam that GI describes as an “intriguing amalgamation of traditional animation, performance capture and the fascinating new style of performance on display in games like LA Noire.”

Thats one thing which they need. The game world in the previous games looked great, animation is great. Facial features is one thing that sorta bugged me.

That sounds shallow considering how fun the actual gameplay is :)

Hang on pal, you were out of line mouthing off the way you did.
    You needn't take the moral high ground here, you must be having a laugh saying I'm wrong for pointing out the pointless nature of coming here to badmouth something you dislike intensely and have no interest in. Is that fair to those who do have an interest in this topic? You know it isn't.
    You've got some neck.

If you've got anything else to say to me on this you can PM me.
    I only responded on thread because you made out I was in the wrong.

Glazers Out!

Literally copy and past the url at the top of the webpage into the reply box and it will turn it into a link for you when you hit the reply button.

here's the link btw.
    http://www.gamersmint.com/gi-assassins-creed-revelations-details-revealed

Some really interesting stuff in there. I think I like the idea of the
    bomb crafting.
    . Had a feeling the hooks would be used for
    ziplines
    This better not turn out to be something like
    San Andreas with the constant territory battles being waged.

There looks to be some interesting innovations being made for this title.
    Hopefully the touted random nature of the new style sidequests isn't going to be something that becomes annoying in any way.

I just hope UBI aren't going to run out of innovations before AC3 arrives.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Wasn't there some important reference to the year 2012 at the end of AC1? I think there was which leads me to believe that they always planned 2012 as the release for the 3rd (last?) game. Maybe they didn't realise how popular AC2 would be and now that there is demand they figured they'd pump out 'filler' games to tide us over to 2012, which is fine by me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭Killinator

Can't wait,
    II and Brotherhood took hours of my life from me and I wouldn't have it any other way,
    I'd gladly wipe II from my memory so I could experience the opening again,
    And another Assassin's Creed hopefully means another Jesper Kyd soundtrack:)

Edit: double post mistake :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Awwwww man, you got me all excited! :(

• Advertisement

Awwwww man, you got me all excited! :(

I have that effect on people :D

To make up for my non existent post a while ago, here is a video interview about the multiplayer in Revelations.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/05/09/the-multiplayer-of-assassin-39-s-creed-revelations.aspx

sheehy83 wrote: »
    To make up for my non existent post a while ago, here is a video interview about the multiplayer in Revelations.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/05/09/the-multiplayer-of-assassin-39-s-creed-revelations.aspx
    I just hope that they remove the redundant 'searching for a lobby' that happened every time you entered the multiplayer part of the game. Only to be ejected from that lobby every single time and then actually added to a lobby with players in it. Frustrated me to no end.
    Other than that, the changes sound like they are really going to make it into a total multiplayer experience. Enjoyed my time with it in Brotherhood (despite the frustrations) and I'd imagine that I could sink a lot of time into the new one.

Ya Kearney I really enjoyed the MP in Brotherhood but was well annoying on those loading screens. There was no such thing as a quick MP game! I'm sure I read somewhere that they were concentrating more on the SP experience this time, doesn't sound like it according to the vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I wasn't very hopeful for the MP in Brotherhood, but I was happy to be proven wrong....It was one of the best MP games I have played to date, so refreshingly different from any other multiplayer game.

The only problems were, ya it was a pain to get a game with that lobby system but also, the lack of people playing a while after the games release. A real pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I wasn't very hopeful for the MP in Brotherhood, but I was happy to be proven wrong....It was one of the best MP games I have played to date, so refreshingly different from any other multiplayer game.

The only problems were, ya it was a pain to get a game with that lobby system but also, the lack of people playing a while after the games release. A real pity.

Yeah, I kept playing til I got to level 50 as I was going for the platinum, and I was a few months later starting the multiplayer as I didn't have broadband til mid-January as I moved house. But it did seem like a lot of people abandoned it by February or so.

Only had one trophy left for the platinum but it's the one where you can only really get it by boosting with other players to get all the bonuses. Feck it. Too much hassle (and I say that as a guy who collected all the Borgia Flags)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Finished Brotherhood there, looking forward to the next, they know how to get you excited for the next installment. I hope the online is still alive

It looks like some major explanations are coming in AC:Rev
    http://kotaku.com/5800970/assassins-creed-revelations-will-include-surprise-major-revelations
    Some spoilers in there for those that haven't finished the first three games. But in fairness, if you haven't played them, then you'll have no clue as to what the hell they are referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

The Ubisoft dudes seem like smart hombres with an arse load of resources. Im sure (hope/pray) "Revelations" was a highly deliberate choice.

Really looking forward to them answering some questions and god help me im looking forward to them setting up AC III...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/05/23/the-places-you-39-ll-go-in-ac-revelations.aspx

Interesting article on some of the locations in the new game. Seems really intereting especially
    An underground Cappadocian Templar city!!!!

Advertisement