Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Cornell - Songbook Tour - The Olympia - Wed 13th June

• 09-03-2012 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Just confirmed by himself and on his site, date is Wed 13th June......

delighted :D

Cornell's site said the Academy (but as Lamb Of God are on there that night - I rechecked) it's actually in The Olympia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Over the moon myself, think I will have to travel to see Soundgarden though!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

Could have to hit this if funds allow! Any idea on ticket price?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Chris Cornell brings his Songbook tour to Dublin June 13th, Olympia Theatre. The tour highlights Chris Cornell’s entire catalogue, including Soundgarden, Audioslave and Temple of the Dog. Tickets from 39.05 inc booking fee on sale this Wednesday at 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Payday today...hello Chris. And seeing Soundgarden not long before that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Misfit Mum

Was planning Berlin for Soundgarden but don't think I'll make it due to funds so this will do for now!! Bet if it wasn't for the PJ tour starting June 20th it would be a Soundgarden show!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Dammit - I'll be in Poland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Cheers Nibbs, looking forward to this.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

The prospect of not getting tickets for this is making me feel sick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

If I can't see SG, I have to see this. The album is pretty good. He is my man crush!:o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

In.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

How does one get password/access to presale? Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

What was his last gig here like??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭LowOdour

going to try my hardest to get tickets for this, but if I don't what are the chances we will see soundgarden here before the end of the year?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

LowOdour wrote: »
    going to try my hardest to get tickets for this, but if I don't what are the chances we will see soundgarden here before the end of the year?

Yea i would have prefered a SG gig :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yea i would have prefered a SG gig :(

Wahey to seeing both. specially as at Rock im Park, its Linkin Park after SG, so last band I see is SG:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    Wahey to seeing both. specially as at Rock im Park, its Linkin Park after SG, so last band I see is SG:D

Quite You :p . Loved RIP in 09 but not really mad on the line up this year

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

I will go to this concert, I will meet chris cornell, and I will get a cheeky feel.

There, it's settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Anyone know the pre-sale code? I've signed up to the fan community but can't see where to get it

EDIT: Found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I'm sure my ma would like me getting this for myself as a birthday present for her....

Presale password is :
    songbook2012

I'm assuming anyone interested has probably gotten tickets already :)
    cant wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Can you not get standing tickets with the presale? i cant see it as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Neo# wrote: »
    Can you not get standing tickets with the presale? i cant see it as an option.

It is a fully seated show, which sucks cause the seats in the Olympia are terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

damn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

darryn wrote: »
    It is a fully seated show, which sucks cause the seats in the Olympia are terrible

Yeah, feck all legroom. So unless you're about 3 ft tall, try and get an aisle seat.

Not sure how many tickets are going to make general sale on wednesday! Already up to row E in the circle.

Fi H wrote: »
    Presale password is :
    songbook2012

cant wait!

How do you use this???? Plz tell me!!!

fufureida wrote: »
    Fi H wrote: »
    Presale password is :
    songbook2012

cant wait!

How do you use this???? Plz tell me!!!

I freakin cant get my tickets. Urgh stupid ticketmaster.ie won't work. Does anyone know if the tickets are allocated by location? Like will you be told to sit in a specific area?

Sorry to post again, but what are the best places to be seated in terms of view and closeness? Someone please respond, been awhile since i have been to olympia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Tried to get tickets on Sunday night, used the password, and then got told by ticketmaster that tickets were not on sale yet.

• Advertisement

Thats because the presale started at 9am MONDAY morning :D

Yes its fully seated so you will be allocated tickets based on whats available. Avoid the upper circle at all costs!!
    When you go to the ticketmaster page you will be asked to pick number of tickets and beside that there is a blank box, type songbook2012 into the box and keep going as normal!
    Hope it works out!

Advertisement