Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

• 02-09-2008 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

It can be a bit intimidating coming here, it takes a lot of guts to introduce yourself and even more to come out on a night. I know I was bricking it, everyone is new at one stage or another.

So if you're new to the forum, lash a post or 10 in here about yourself.

We will welcome you with open arms. :D

This is a serious thread, the more established people are encouraged to welcome new members. Ripping it out of me can be done elsewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

Well, I thought I'd post the first reply, seeing that I have never formally introduced myself, and have never met any of you in person.

So, My real name's Shane, I'm 19 and I'm studying medicine. Don't really know how I got into body mods, although I don't have an awful lot of them anyway.
    Love this forum anyway, and the people seem really cool. Learned alot from reading the stickies.

Btw, I hope I'm not the only one to leave a comment Will, that would be entertaining :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Don't worry sd123, you won't be the only one. :)
    Once one person takes the plunge the rest will follow.

If this goes well I'm gonna sticky it.

Welcome! Stick around and learn crap :pac: ...as long as the site stays up that is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Been knocking about here with a while, dont think ive introduced myself tho!

So am , real name is Caroline aka Cags! 21 workin a travel agents , going back to study legal studies in the night cant wait!

Love the Fourm, passes time in work etc, everybody seem pretty cool. Love Tattoos, have two and planning my 3rd but want to leave about a year gap in between getting this and my 2nd one, still tho cant wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Ah i suppose i may aswell introduce myself since i randomly slag people off on this thing....

Let's see...I'm Ray, I'm 19, Waiting to start a fitness instructors course if i get accepted...I'm on this most the days since i do nothing but train at the moment.
    Had to take out all my piercings:( I've got 3 and 3/4 tattoo's at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Haven't met any of you yet either. I'm Annika from Sweden or Helga if you rather, I'm old compared to most of you here I'm 32:P I teach Swedish and work with animals(dog trainer). Love tattoos:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Gah! It's about time I did this!
    Hi, I'm Fiona. :: waves ::
    Very much a newbie in the posting sense, but have been lurking quite a while ;)

I was always a bit of a 'rock chick' back in my school days, so piercings/ tattoos seemed a pretty natural progression to me!
    Had 9 piercings altogether in my time, but I only 2 left in.
    Got my first tattoo in January in Koh Tao, Thailand. Had been thinking about it for a good 10 years before I got it, and had been hunting through advise here before I finally took the plunge. (So thanks for all your advise on after care!)

Here it is...a little small, but you get the jist (hope this is allowed, if not, let me know and I will remove it)

ink.jpg

Couldn't be more in love with it.
    I know the world and it's mother has stars these days, but I have wanted it since I was 16, and it holds a whole heap of meaning for me.
    Have my next one planned out, but have only just decided what and where, so am in the hang-it-on-my-wall-till-I'm-sure-stage :)

So yeah, thats me!

Looks like I'm the only regular about at the minute >_>

Emo, Raze, Kya & Fiii welcome! As with everyone else, don't be afraid to ask questions, we are a nice enough bunch. It's awesome that people enjoy the forum.

Fii nice photo too.

Hopefully you guys will be around for the next beers, they're usually good fun (and you don't have to drink, if anyone doesn't or can't)

a non dublin based beers????

Not sure, probably doubtful but feel free to get your own going in your area

Thanks Will;)
    Might as well put in a pic of me as well so this is me(half my chest piece done in this pic) with my terrified looking dog Phoenix! Looks like I'm gonna eat him:D
    2821205533_9f4e737588_m.jpg

• Advertisement

ah it was worth a try, if i have a week or two notice i should be able to come to the next one...I'll just crash with whatever random friend is in college up in dublin.

I wont put up a pic since i put one up on this thread and in another already today..thats to much ray for anybody's eyes

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Thanks Will;)
    Might as well put in a pic of me as well so this is me(half my chest piece done in this pic) with my terrified looking dog Phoenix! Looks like I'm gonna eat him:D
    2821205533_9f4e737588_m.jpg
    without sounding like a pervert is the chest piece flowers??? can't really make it out...I need glasses:(

2762501815_4eabce11a4.jpg
    :D:D You're fine you don't sound like a perv at all.:p This is what it looks like finished. It's swedish folk art called kurbits, so yeah a type of floral design.

I like it, has alot of detail and everything seems bang on level with the other side, good artist:)

Thanks.:D Wouldn't go to anyone else than John in Inkwell, he's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

howdy, i'm dave, (isn't everyone these days?) from waterford. been snooping about the body mod forum for a good while, but rarely post here.
    i'm 30 so still young....ahem. have a couple of small tattoos and am planning a couple more, i'd like a koi of some description and maybe one of those ornamental mexican skulls, just browsing different designs at the minute.
    aannnnyhoooo hello folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

I'd like to welcome everyone new here myself, it's a great section on here and everyone is dead sound :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

well hi im alan you can guess my hair and im not a ninja im 16 crawling through my leaving cert ye auld pensioners ye
    i only have one piercing **boo....hisss**in my upper ear but i've been stalking this forum for a while oh and for us culllchheeeese why don't ya'll (will,capt. ginge,gauge,faroharetc. etc. yada yada ) introduce urselves i mean ye're all just fluffy teddies with bits hangin of ye rite?:D

Well was more aimed at new people, but suppose you are right ginga ninja...

For those of you who haven't met me, I'm Will, 22 and may or may not be studying computers in DCU (waiting on exam results which will decide my future), get way too drunk at boards beers and am easily offended.

One of my finer moments;

145843625a6984046411l.jpg

*resists all temptation to make a smart ass comment*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Pretty much what you'd call a regular but guess there's no harm introducing myself to anyone doesn't know me!

I'm Damien/Damo/that little guy with the shaved head. I'm 28, from Donegal, living in Dublin since June 06. I've got two tattoos and one piercing, and want to get more tattoos, am just in the process of planning them :)

I'm a friendly enough little bugger, and can be pretty silly just for the sake of it but I would tend to advise people to whatever is the more sensible sides of whatever their planning, as I absolutely love tattoos and just want to see everyone that gets some tattoo or piercing work done have something that they will absolutely love.

*resists all temptation to make a smart ass comment*

Probably the stain on my trouser leg, was messing with white spirits and some got on my trouser leg... I think. Can't remember, that pic is 2years old and 8 days.

ha ha ha:) it's always impossible to spot the students when their drinking isn it;)

god I miss the drunk days:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Saw this and i thought why not. :)

Well My name is Cian, if you havent guessed that by now.
    I'm 17, 18 in one month 6 days, AND COUNTING.
    I'm like 5foot 8 or 9 and my hair colour changes with my mood.
    (starting to sound like an online dating site D:)
    Just started 6th year, knowing that the leaving cert is right around the corner scares me sooooo much.

I have, 4 piercings, my lip done twice, and i have my ears streached.
    As soon as my 18th birthday comes along, i'll be heading for the tattoo shops.
    I know exactly what i want as my first tattoo, and i was thinking today, going to go talk to my artist of choice to see if i could get some time with him to get my idea's onto paper to make sure he's the man for the job.

As soon as you guys orginize a beers thats not on a school night i'll be along for sure.
    I vote a dress up halloween beers. :p

But no dressing up as the cone heads! ;)

noooo not a halloween beers....I'm not letting my first encounter with my fellow boardsies be of me dressed up as the nurse joker from batman....No!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Mays as well go myself here then.

Names Mike, I'm not a Finger though.

I'm 20, and father to 2 beautiful girls, I'm still in college and I work as well, I love piercings and tattoos and starting to slip into the more extreme mods :)

noooo not a halloween beers....I'm not letting my first encounter with my fellow boardsies be of me dressed up as the nurse joker from batman....No!!!

That sounds like the best costume ever!
    Halloween beers is a must in my eyes!

nooooo.....I'm not missing another beers but im not missing halloween down here in kk it's to much fun

There's a site wide boards halloween beers, that is fancy dress. always good. we can organise a group

• Advertisement

We all turn up like this and scare everyone :P

Advertisement