Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems downgrading 3.50 - 3.41

• 08-01-2011 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was upgrading my hdd from 80gb 3.41 hdd too 320gb when i put in the 320 hdd plugged in my usb with folders PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP which was 3.41 but when it was installing it gave me 3.50.. Downloaded three 3.41 .PUPS all with the same result i gave in and just installed 3.50 said i'll downgrade later which im now regretting big time.
    Did a bit of reading and watched a vid on youtube put lv2diag.self (FILE 1) and the .PUP on usb not in a folder which is probably the problem. Plugged it in the right hand side port and started console. Thinking it would be about 5mins to complete went got something to eat cameback at least 15mins later nothing on the screen. Powered down the console went to start it starts for like 10-15secs then powers itself off even with the 80gb hdd it wont start. Any help for this would be great..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

user2011 wrote: »
    Hi, I was upgrading my hdd from 80gb 3.41 hdd too 320gb when i put in the 320 hdd plugged in my usb with folders PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP which was 3.41 but when it was installing it gave me 3.50.. Downloaded three 3.41 .PUPS all with the same result i gave in and just installed 3.50 said i'll downgrade later which im now regretting big time.
    Did a bit of reading and watched a vid on youtube put lv2diag.self (FILE 1) and the .PUP on usb not in a folder which is probably the problem. Plugged it in the right hand side port and started console. Thinking it would be about 5mins to complete went got something to eat cameback at least 15mins later nothing on the screen. Powered down the console went to start it starts for like 10-15secs then powers itself off even with the 80gb hdd it wont start. Any help for this would be great..

did you put the console to factory mode using one of the psgrade dongles? the pup file needs to be the one from downgrade package and it needs to be in root folder of USB stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Hi Doc, Yeah put into factory mode with psgrade.. No i didnt use the pup file from package because i thought that was cause of losing blu ray?? How do you put it in the root of the usb? I wiped the usb clean formatted fat32 and put the two files on it..

Hi Doc, Yeah put into factory mode with psgrade.. No i didnt use the pup file from package because i thought that was cause of losing blu ray?? How do you put it in the root of the usb? I wiped the usb clean formatted fat32 and put the two files on it..

to downgrade you have to use the pup downgrade package. at least for the first time when downgrading from 3.42 or 3.50
    after that you can use any official downgrade pup file to loaf ie 3.15 and restore otherOs.

root folder means main folder, the first one which you see after doubleclicking on the USB stick icon under My Computer (if you use Windows).

if it is one of the newer 80gb ps3's you wont lose Br playback. it happens mostly on older NTSC consoles with 256mb nand flash.

Google psx scene blu ray. you will find all the info and confirmation if your console is likely to loose br playback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

docentore wrote: »
    to downgrade you have to use the pup downgrade package. at least for the first time when downgrading from 3.42 or 3.50
    after that you can use any official downgrade pup file to loaf ie 3.15 and restore otherOs.

root folder means main folder, the first one which you see after doubleclicking on the USB stick icon under My Computer (if you use Windows).

if it is one of the newer 80gb ps3's you wont lose Br playback. it happens mostly on older NTSC consoles with 256mb nand flash.

Google psx scene blu ray. you will find all the info and confirmation if your console is likely to loose br playback.

There was also a tool released recently which you run & restores Blu-Ray playback. I didn't read too much into it, but it came after the first manual method. As Docentore mentioned, psxscene has all the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Its back working now thanks docentore but still on this modified 3.41.. Too get back too the official 3.41 do i just put the ps3updat.pup on the usb\PS3\UPDATE\PUP??? Thanks docentore for the help

• Advertisement

Its back working now thanks docentore but still on this modified 3.41.. Too get back too the official 3.41 do i just put the ps3updat.pup on the usb\PS3\UPDATE\PUP??? Thanks docentore for the help

I don't think there is a difference, but I would do this way if you really want to install 3.41:
    1. use downgrade device and downgrade with official 3.15 pup file.
    2. exit factory mode
    3. upgrade with official 3.41 from xmb.

!!!Don't use recovery mode, never, ever. You are likely to get RSOD which is unfixable at this moment

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Is it possible to downgrade the 3.50 to 3.41 using a htc desire. Or to even jailbreak 3.50 using the desire?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

Im trying to downgrade from 3.55, so far iv run the downgrade dongle and when i start my ps3 it is now in factory/service mode, what do i do from here???

Also if i decide to not continue downgrading how would i get out of factory/service mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

@ Skidmcmarx : Yes you can, do some research and you'll find everything you need!

3.55 is only very recently able to downgrade, haven't done it just yet myself, but will soon.
    Downgrade at your own risk. You may downgrade your PS3 to a brick if you’re not careful. Several reports indicate success (mostly Fat models); others have reported bricks (more Slim models; 3.50/3.55 out-the-box). My boy, Quake, he successfully downgraded his Slim (not 3.50 out-the-box). You’re also at risk of losing Blu-ray movie playback. Backup your PS3 saves and other HDD data. Again, proceed at your own risk.

Here we’re downgrading from 3.55 to 3.41(3.56):

1. Download this (modified PUP + Lv2diag files)
    2. Get your Factory/Service Mode (downgrade) device ready
    3. Get your USB storage device ready (FAT32 formatted)
    4. Power down your PS3 console (toggle power switch on rear or unplug from wall)
    5. Copy FILE1/Lv2diag.self (from Lv2diag_355.zip) to the root of your USB storage device
    6. Copy PS3UPDAT.PUP (from Downgrade_355.rar) to the root of your USB storage device
    7. Insert your downgrade device into the PS3 USB port nearest the Blu-ray drive
    8. Reconnect the main PS3 power source and turn on your PS3
    9. Your PS3 should boot into Factory/Service Mode
    10. If you decide to chicken out, get out of Factory/Service Mode by using FILE2/Lv2diag.self — Copy that to your USB storage device, overwriting the other, and power on your PS3 with it connected. Otherwise proceed to the next step
    11. Power down the PS3 using the controller
    12. Remove your downgrade device and insert your USB storage device
    13. Power on your PS3 and the downgrade should start
    14. Your PS3 will automatically turn off upon success
    15. Restart your PS3 and you should be back in Factory/Service Mode

You’re now at “3.41(3.56).” From this point it is recommended you downgrade to 3.15 using the method here. Read and follow along carefully. Then upgrade back to the real, official 3.41 using Sony’s OFW update found here. Now jailbreak it.

Here you can find versions of PSGrade for various devices. You aren’t limited to the E3 Card Reader (used in the tutorial).

You don't have to downgrade anymore, you can install custom 3.55's but they're not as reliable as 3.41 + JB device which is where downgrading comes in, unless you want OtherOS back.

Also, only downgrade to a firmware that has already been installed on your PS3, if it came with 3.50 then just use a custom 3.55!

Advertisement