Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kokoro's New Fully Fitted MMA Gym & Dojo (www.mmaireland.com)

• 03-09-2007 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭ShaneT

Just wanted to thank all the lads that worked their butts off over the weekend to prepare our new place. The new gym looks great and we now have all the facilities we need to take our training to the next level. :)

Both sides of Kokoro (Kokoro MMA & Kokoro Kyokushin) now have a full time and fully fitted location (bags, mats, gym, shop - the lot).

New Address: 157-159 Richmond Road, Dublin 3.
    Directions, Maps, Bus Routes etc: CLICK HERE

This allows us to do what we've wanted from the beginning; to separate the Kyokushin & MMA sessions fully and offer all the facilities needed to be truly successful in both sports. :D

The first MMA session will be held tomorrow night at 20:00 as normal. The first Kyokushin session will be held next Monday (10th) at 19:00.

Thanks to those that have been with us from the beginning. Supporting us and standing by us even when we had no facilities to speak of in a small children's rec center in East Wall! :o

Watch out for Kokoro Fighters on the MMA, Submissions and Full Contact Striking circuit very soon! :cool:

New schedule effective Monday 10th September, 2007 onwards: CLICK HERE

Pics coming soon but I'm too knackered from the weekend to sort them! :)

We'll be holding an open weekend/day soon. Hope to see the all the usual suspects from in and around Dublin on the day, maybe even a few lads from up north (Peter, Davey, Martin?)!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Amazing stuff, congratulations.
    You guys and Spartan setting places up in the space of like a month (is that right?) is a big big deal.

• That's well cool. Hope the move works out for you Shane.

Lot of clubs moving up the food chains in terms of facilities these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭ShaneT

Thanks both. Yep. I think Barry opened something recently too (not a stone's throw from us?).

Still, it's a big city and a huge sport! Can only be a good thing! :D We've been working up to this for a long while now. So, I'm just glad that the lads who've stuck by me all this time are finally getting the facilities they deserve. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

It would want to be a big frickin throw to get to where we are! Well done Shane hope it all goes well for you.

Thanks Barry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Best of luck with the new venue Shane, I am sure it will be your own Field of Dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Great news shane-hope it goes well for you's..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Heartiest congratulations Shane. Very best of luck with the new project.

The rec centre was grand. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭hypnosisdublin

Excellent stuff!

Unlike the other places I've checked out, the late classes suit my horrible work hours. As a result, I'll be able to make the MMA classes. :D

Thanks for all the good wishes lads. First training in the new place tonight was great craic. So much fun that I forgot to take any pictures! Will get some taken over the weekend though and post them up. Visitors welcome.

Was thinking of some kind of open day on October 13th (precursor to Dub Subs?). Will let you all know as soon as we're settled.

Thanks again!
    -S.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Alisha Nervous Slave

ShaneT wrote:
    Thanks for all the good wishes lads. First training in the new place tonight was great craic. So much fun that I forgot to take any pictures! Will get some taken over the weekend though and post them up. Visitors welcome.

Was thinking of some kind of open day on October 13th (precursor to Dub Subs?). Will let you all know as soon as we're settled.

Thanks again!
    -S.

Bollox had I known I'd have dropped in for a roll/spar. I was down around that way most of the night.

Best of luck with the club. If you have business cards/flyiers let me know and I'll throw a few into the Taxi for ya.

You'd be more than welcome Mairt. As for the flyers - I just might take you up on that! :D

Hypnosis, just pop down any Tuesday at 19:30.

-S.
    Mairt wrote:
    Bollox had I known I'd have dropped in for a roll/spar. I was down around that way most of the night.

Best of luck with the club. If you have business cards/flyiers let me know and I'll throw a few into the Taxi for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Shane just saw Irish fighter and a photo of your student Leo. I remeber Leo from a couple of classes in my place. Didn't know he had fought Semi-Pro, when he do that? Best of luck to him he seemed like a nice bloke.

Roper wrote:
    Shane just saw Irish fighter and a photo of your student Leo. I remeber Leo from a couple of classes in my place. Didn't know he had fought Semi-Pro, when he do that? Best of luck to him he seemed like a nice bloke.
    Didn't know that Barry. He's a great guy. Been with us a fair while now. I'm in the process of arranging his first fight (same for Neno - you'll see Neno at the next UFR-SP on the 23rd).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭hypnosisdublin

Excellent article in this month's issue of Irish Fighter - you come across really well.

I especially like the fact that you invite people from the "old-school" of martial arts to come along, try MMA out and then make their own decisions.

The whole old-school versus new-school (MMA) petty bickering hurts everyone involved.

I can't wait to check your place out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭mmaireland.com

I especially like the fact that you invite people from the "old-school" of martial arts to come along, try MMA out and then make their own decisions.

I can't wait to check your place out :)

Looking forward to seeing you there. Just drop me a line on 0877928363 and we'll arrange for you to call down.

All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

pm'ed you a couple of times mate but no reply.......give me a shout as soon as possible.
    Peter

Advertisement