Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games off due to cup games and DGW's

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Lemlin wrote: »
    I hate to break it to ya but Gabbidon appears to have lost his place to Scott Dann. Dann was signed in the transfer window.

Eriksen only played 57 minutes against Everton and then didn't start against Newcastle.

Yeah I know but there's always a chance he'll get a run. Was planning on transferring Eriksen out for Wilshere this week but now I'm double guessing after tonight's result. Don't want to have too few players but don't want to mess around with the team too much just for one GW :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

km79 wrote: »
    I really really need Brighton to win !

I'd imagine there is a good few teams with 2-3 players from West Ham and Hull combined so the carnage from that game being off would be welcome!

Ideally people have to take 4-8 point hits to field 8-9 in GW29 and again take more hits for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,598 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Brighton are justified favourites, y'all acting like it'd be an upset for them to win are nuts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »
    Brighton are justified favourites, y'all acting like it'd be an upset for them to win are nuts!!

Hull are 2/1:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Brighton winning would be handy. I would rather field a goalkeeper. XD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Badly need a Brighton win.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Hull are 2/1:eek:
    They are generally terrible away from home. Only Cardiff and Palace (which with them all being newly promoted teams may tell a story of its own) have worse away records. It has been Hull's impressive home record (only 2 points worse than that of Man United and Tottenham) which has them where they are. I fancy Brighton and I would like for it to go that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

They are generally terrible away from home. Only Cardiff and Palace (which with them all being newly promoted teams may tell a story of its own) have worse away records. It has been Hull's impressive home record (only 2 points worse than that of Man United and Tottenham) which has them where they are. I fancy Brighton and I would like for it to go that way.

Hull fielded mostly their second team in the last two games of the FA Cup as well. A Brighton win would leave me elected with nine players available and just needing to transfer out Mert and Yaya.

Hull fielded mostly their second team in the last two games of the FA Cup as well. A Brighton win would leave me elected with nine players available and just needing to transfer out Mert and Yaya.

Who're you considering replacing Yaya with? No one is really jumping out at me.

Who're you considering replacing Yaya with? No one is really jumping out at me.

Nobody at me either. It will only be for GW28 and 29. I'll bring Yaya back in for GW30.

At the minute, probably Tom Ince (Swansea away, Southampton home) or Charlie Adam (Arsenal home, Norwich away).

• Advertisement

Nobody at me either. It will only be for GW28 and 29. I'll bring Yaya back in for GW30.

At the minute, probably Tom Ince (Swansea away, Southampton home) or Charlie Adam (Arsenal home, Norwich away).

I'm bringing either Puncheon or Adam in for Sterling. :D I'm half-tempted to just leave Yaya on the bench and not sub him out. Dzeko is gone for Ade this week, so Yaya's my only City player.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Awesome post. But are you not missing Sunderland v West Brom from GW28?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not THAT concerned about GW 29 blank chaos. It's more the timing of the DGWs to follow that concerns me.

It looks like the potential DGWs are GW 31, GW 34 and GW 37.

Here's the current list of games to be rescheduled:
    Man City - Sunderland
    Everton - CP
    Sunderland - West Brom
    Arsenal - Swansea
    Man City - AV
    Newcastle - Everton
    Liverpool - Sunderland

The "big" teams involved for a DGW are Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton. The good point is their postponed games are all very favourable fixtures (home to bottom table teams).
    • City already have a DGW for GW 31 but the second game is away to United. Not the best fixture for a DGW.
    • If the replays are set for GW 31, the normal GW 31 games see Arsenal go away to Chelsea, Liverpool away to Cardiff and Everton home to Swansea. So in that case, Arsenal may not be a good option to follow.
    • If the replays are set for GW 34, the normal GW 34 games see Arsenal host WH, Liverpool host Man City and Everton away to Sunderland. So in that case, Liverpool may not be the best option. Also, if City second DGW happens that very GW it's a tough away game for City and not an ideal DGW scenario, unless their trip to Anfield turns into a goal fest.
    • Though it's important to note that the FA Cup semis are on during GW 34 so potentially some of these teams may have a blank for the normal GW 34 games which would make the potential DGW turn into a single GW.
    • If the replays are set for GW 37, the normal GW 37 games see Arsenal host WBA, Liverpool go away to CP and Everton host Man City. So in that case, it's all Arsenal and Liverpool!
    • To sum this up,
    • Man City have the worst possible scenario for their DGWs since the potential/probable rescheduling will see their postponed games added to 2 of 3 tough away games (MU gw31 - already rescheduled -, Liverpool gw34 or Everton gw37). So, if you add the potential/probable rotations that they will experience, loading up City players may not be the best idea. That being said they showed they can score big against pretty much everyone.
    • Like Man City, Everton should have 2 DGWs. If they don't happen for GW 37, Everton have very favourable fixtures.
    • For Arsenal and Liverpool it is really dependent on the DGW timing. On paper, it could be either fantastic or poor.

Maybe going for "smaller" teams fighting against relegation (Swansea, AV, CP, WBA, Sunderland) could pay off nicely. There is a major con though, it's that their postponed game is a very tough one (away to a top of the table - most fighting for the PL title - team). The only exception is the Sun-WBA game.
    • If the replays are set for GW 31, the normal GW 31 games see Swansea go away to Everton, AV host Stoke, CP go away to Newcastle, WBA go away to Hull and Sunderland go away to Norwich. Bar Swansea (and to a lesser extent CP), all good fixtures.
    • If the replays are set for GW 34, the normal GW 34 games see Swansea host Chelsea, AV go away to CP, WBA host Tottenham and Sunderland host Everton. CP-AV sounds the most promising game. Sunderland at home may be a good prospect too.
    • Again it's important to note that should some of these teams progress to the FA semis they would not have a DGW for this GW 34.
    • If the replays are set for GW 37, the normal GW 37 games see Swansea host Southampton, AV host Hull, CP host Liverpool, WBA go away to Arsenal and Sunderland go away to Man U. Only Swansea and AV sound appealing.
    • To sum this up,
    • CP players don't loook like worth it.
    • AV is noteworthy.
    • Sunderland should have 3 DGWs. So we may think it'll be GW 31, 34 AND 37 for them. Problem is not only 2 of their postponed games are very tough (away to City and Liverpool) but their GW 37 fixture is another tough away game (Man U).
    • Then Swansea and WBA could be good depending when the DGW will happen.

Finally, there is Newcastle...
    • GW 31: home to CP
    • GW 34: away to Stoke.
    • GW 37: home to Cardiff.
    Not only their postponed game is not too bad (home to Everton) but each possible DGW sounds very appealing for them. Problem is they are absolute sh*te at the moment....

Can't wait for the rescheduled games to be announced !!! Considering the huge difference fixtures-wise regarding the teams affected by DGWs, there's not much planning we can do now...

FHFC wrote: »
    Awesome post. But are you not missing Sunderland v West Brom from GW28?

Sorry, messed up completely while editing and deleted the whole thing...

Ah yeah, forgot about that one. Gonna add it in ;).

- edit -

Previous post edited now with all postponed games.

I have Brown of Sunderland and probably be keeping him as I've other transfer priorities and seems silly to transfer out a player who has three DGWs coming up, and whose fixtures are just about to ease up. But two of the DGW fixtures they have couldn't be much worse for a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I have Brown of Sunderland and probably be keeping him as I've other transfer priorities and seems silly to transfer out a player who has three DGWs coming up, and whose fixtures are just about to ease up. But two of the DGW fixtures they have couldn't be much worse for a defender.

Cuellar is back from injury I think and he impact on Red card Wes Browns game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

If West Ham - Hull goes ahead I should be able to field 4-5-1, if not it will be 3-5-1 (with a goalkeeper). Toure, Koscielny, Bennett and Bony to be phased out.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Heard on French radio that the FA 1/4 have already been drawn.

Arsenal - Everton
    City - Wigan
    Brighton or Hull - Sunderland
    and maybe a Sheffield derby (but we don't really care for it here :P)

So, if I'm reading iroced giant post right, we could expect City, Arsenal and Sunderland (granted they win their FA 1/4) to have a blank in GW 34 (so no DGW there) and certainly a DGW in GW 37 right ?

iroced wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong but I'm not THAT concerned about GW 29 blank chaos. It's more the timing of the DGWs to follow that concerns me.

Man City - Sunderland
    Everton - CP
    Sunderland - West Brom
    Arsenal - Swansea
    Man City - AV
    Newcastle - Everton
    Liverpool - Sunderland
    [...]

Hmmm...

Just saw this updated picture on totalfpl.com and from what they say, some games could be re-arranged at the same time than "European" games (e.g. midweek GW 29). Apparently that happened in 2012.

gw29_facup-impact-r3_zps4ba8a48f.png

Neoulous wrote: »
    So, if I'm reading iroced giant post right, we could expect City, Arsenal and Sunderland (granted they win their FA 1/4) to have a blank in GW 34 (so no DGW there) and certainly a DGW in GW 37 right ?
    Yes for the "blank" in GW 34 if they progress to the FA semis. Not so sure about DGW 37 now from the picture posted above. Hopefully we shall now soon enough if midweek PL games can happen at the same time than "European" ones.

I'll leave you with this last picture before going to bed...

If you plan on stockpiling Man City players at some point, have a look at this:

MCIFixtures_zps9d414482.png

:pac: :eek: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭Shedite27

iroced wrote: »

Man City - Sunderland
    Everton - CP
    Sunderland - West Brom
    Arsenal - Swansea
    Man City - AV
    Newcastle - Everton
    Liverpool - Sunderland

The "big" teams involved for a DGW are Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton. The good point is their postponed games are all very favourable fixtures (home to bottom table teams).
    • City already have a DGW for GW 31 but the second game is away to United. Not the best fixture for a DGW.
    • If the replays are set for GW 31, the normal GW 31 games see Arsenal go away to Chelsea, Liverpool away to Cardiff and Everton home to Swansea. So in that case, Arsenal may not be a good option to follow.
    • If the replays are set for GW 34, the normal GW 34 games see Arsenal host WH, Liverpool host Man City and Everton away to Sunderland. So in that case, Liverpool may not be the best option. Also, if City second DGW happens that very GW it's a tough away game for City and not an ideal DGW scenario, unless their trip to Anfield turns into a goal fest.
    • Though it's important to note that the FA Cup semis are on during GW 34 so potentially some of these teams may have a blank for the normal GW 34 games which would make the potential DGW turn into a single GW.
    • If the replays are set for GW 37, the normal GW 37 games see Arsenal host WBA, Liverpool go away to CP and Everton host Man City. So in that case, it's all Arsenal and Liverpool!
    • To sum this up,
    • Man City have the worst possible scenario for their DGWs since the potential/probable rescheduling will see their postponed games added to 2 of 3 tough away games (MU gw31 - already rescheduled -, Liverpool gw34 or Everton gw37). So, if you add the potential/probable rotations that they will experience, loading up City players may not be the best idea. That being said they showed they can score big against pretty much everyone.
    • Like Man City, Everton should have 2 DGWs. If they don't happen for GW 37, Everton have very favourable fixtures.
    • For Arsenal and Liverpool it is really dependent on the DGW timing. On paper, it could be either fantastic or poor.

Maybe going for "smaller" teams fighting against relegation (Swansea, AV, CP, WBA, Sunderland) could pay off nicely. There is a major con though, it's that their postponed game is a very tough one (away to a top of the table - most fighting for the PL title - team). The only exception is the Sun-WBA game.
    • If the replays are set for GW 31, the normal GW 31 games see Swansea go away to Everton, AV host Stoke, CP go away to Newcastle, WBA go away to Hull and Sunderland go away to Norwich. Bar Swansea (and to a lesser extent CP), all good fixtures.
    • If the replays are set for GW 34, the normal GW 34 games see Swansea host Chelsea, AV go away to CP, WBA host Tottenham and Sunderland host Everton. CP-AV sounds the most promising game. Sunderland at home may be a good prospect too.
    • Again it's important to note that should some of these teams progress to the FA semis they would not have a DGW for this GW 34.
    • If the replays are set for GW 37, the normal GW 37 games see Swansea host Southampton, AV host Hull, CP host Liverpool, WBA go away to Arsenal and Sunderland go away to Man U. Only Swansea and AV sound appealing.
    • To sum this up,
    • CP players don't loook like worth it.
    • AV is noteworthy.
    • Sunderland should have 3 DGWs. So we may think it'll be GW 31, 34 AND 37 for them. Problem is not only 2 of their postponed games are very tough (away to City and Liverpool) but their GW 37 fixture is another tough away game (Man U).
    • Then Swansea and WBA could be good depending when the DGW will happen.

Finally, there is Newcastle...
    • GW 31: home to CP
    • GW 34: away to Stoke.
    • GW 37: home to Cardiff.
    Not only their postponed game is not too bad (home to Everton) but each possible DGW sounds very appealing for them. Problem is they are absolute sh*te at the moment....

Can't wait for the rescheduled games to be announced !!! Considering the huge difference fixtures-wise regarding the teams affected by DGWs, there's not much planning we can do now...
    GReat post, but still far too many mentions of the word "if" for my liking. BEst advice, bank this week's transfer and be ready for when it all clears itself up.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    GReat post, but still far too many mentions of the word "if" for my liking. BEst advice, bank this week's transfer and be ready for when it all clears itself up.
    There are definitely some safe transfers for this week, mine is Dzeko to Adebayor.

There are definitely some safe transfers for this week, mine is Dzeko to Adebayor.

Yeah, I'll be doing Bendonkey to Ade too.

Then its probably Silva to Zaha/Ince/Adams/AN Other for GW28&29 but after that will prob try to bank a transfer and have two from GW30.

Yeah, I'll be doing Bendonkey to Ade too.

Then its probably Silva to Zaha/Ince/Adams/AN Other for GW28&29 but after that will prob try to bank a transfer and have two from GW30.

That's my plan exactly.

GW27 - bank transfer.
    GW28 - Yaya out.
    GW29 - Mert out.

I'll then have a banked transfer for GW30 onwards. The next few weeks are going to be all about just ensuring that you have 11 starters. At present, I will have ten for GW29 following those two transfers so I'm more than happy with that.

I will have 11 if Hull do me a favour and lose.

Edit: I'm 90% sure Nolan would be my transfer in for Yaya if West Ham lose too. They play Everton away and Hull home.

Site now updated to show the three missing games in GW29.

Site now updated to show the three missing games in GW29.
    BOOOOOO. The longer that went without being updated the more people would make GW 27 transfers for players who have no GW 29 game.

Looking at bringing in a 2nd Chelsea midfielder (along with Hazard who I already have) for GW 28 and 29. Willian or Oscar? Oscar the more likely points scorer IMO but Willian the more certain starter and these are weeks I can't afford anyone dropped or rested.

Fulham away and Tottenham at home the fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Those results yesterday destroyed my team. Worst possible outcome, although I'm sure there's a few others in the same boat. F**king Arsenal! They just turned a big advantage into a big disadvantage. Left with just one defender (Ward) going into GW29, six players overall. Didn't want to have to use a transfer this week on Sagna when he has a home tie against Sunderland but looks like I've no choice now. Banked a transfer last week and it's a use it or lose it situation. Would be great if I could carry over and have 3 FT's next week!

So this week I'll bring in Azpil and hope they can hold Everton for a CS, then use my 2 FT's next week to dump Yaya and Zab. My plan of not doubling up on Chelsea defenders may be out the window, there are few other teams to choose from! Nolan looks like he'll be my Yaya replacement, Ozil was a possibility but not after last night. Oscar could be a decent shout. Would be looking at fielding 10 for GW29 in a 5-3-1 formation

BOOOOOO. The longer that went without being updated the more people would make GW 27 transfers for players who have no GW 29 game.

I doubt that many casual players check two GWs ahead when making their transfers anyway tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I thrive in absolute mayhem.

Bring it fcuking onnnnn!!!!

Advertisement