Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Factions Server 1.3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

In other news Jeb is developing an invisibility potion it'll completely hide you and your name in SMP servers.

Armour (and most likely tools) stay visible so if you want to go sneaking around you have to go with no protection.

Would be very cool for factions , here's hoping its in 1.3.3

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cidmon

i think one of the problems is theres not enough active players on the server to combat an awe/mnc raid. tryin to defend our base when it was me and niall against nim and gav was fun but what chance was there when the 2 of us were up against 5-6 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

cidmon wrote: »
    i think one of the problems is theres not enough active players on the server to combat an awe/mnc raid. tryin to defend our base when it was me and niall against nim and gav was fun but what chance was there when the 2 of us were up against 5-6 of them.

Thats because its two large factions working together, you could just as easily ally with another faction and do the same to them.

I'm not taking sides but you honestly can't tell them to back off because there is 5 of them and only 2 of you, sure when our base was raided, it was a them against podge on his own.

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Thats because its two large factions working together, you could just as easily ally with another faction and do the same to them.

I'm not taking sides but you honestly can't tell them to back off because there is 5 of them and only 2 of you, sure when our base was raided, it was a them against podge on his own.

im not sayin they should back off just pointin out server needs more active players most ive seen online at once since the raids on DT is 10-11

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Did you look at the new updates? Obsidian bases under the sea are no longer 100% safe. Sure Creeps base was the exact same as ours, an obsidian cube under the sea in the middle of no where.

When a player is on from that team, you can destroy that obsidian and gain entry into the base.

You talk about it not being fun attacking an obsidian cube under the water. I can't speak for the other lads, but I had great fun trying to figure out how to stop the water source blocks above the roof so that I could break the obsidian without drowning.

The problem with a factions server is that everyone has an opinion and no matter how many changes are made to the rules, you never going to please everyone. I know that AWE and MnC were no happy with the new changes but we adapted to them and used them against Creeps.

That is true, you can't keep everyone happy. That's why my game changes are just my opinions being thrown out there, nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Xenon560 wrote: »
    That is true, you can't keep everyone happy. That's why my game changes are just my opinions being thrown out there, nothing more.

Exactly. This is how we can develop the server and adapt the current rules to try and make it as balanced as possible. Whining about past or present raids doesn't really add anything to the game. Making suggestions and debating them provides from a constructive environment.

AWE have split! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

So I've been away for the last week and just after catching up on the latest news. I saw in one of nim's screenshots that he had waypoints on his screen. Is this an extra plug in? Also people mentioned automap?

Roorah wrote: »
    So I've been away for the last week and just after catching up on the latest news. I saw in one of nim's screenshots that he had waypoints on his screen. Is this an extra plug in? Also people mentioned automap?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/482147-132125-aug17-reis-minimap-v32-05/

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gaynormark0

AWE have split! :eek::D

I may be the culprit for that, hopefully with another faction to fix their sites on you, awe and everyone else things may come out differently ;P.
    Not saying we're going to attack anyone for sure, but everyone may just wanna watch their backs its Armageddon time :D:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I may be the culprit for that, hopefully with another faction to fix their sites on you, awe and everyone else things may come out differently ;P.
    Not saying we're going to attack anyone for sure, but everyone may just wanna watch their backs its Armageddon time :D:
    They uh.. have weapons of uh... mass destruction.
    I think a pre-emptive strike is in order to protect the free world.

They uh.. have weapons of us... mass destruction.

Heh I wish you the best of luck in your raid. I'm sure there will be posts here after regardless of the outcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

They uh.. have weapons of uh... mass destruction.

Sounds like they need some DEMOCRACY!!!!

Roorah wrote: »
    Sounds like they need some DEMOCRACY!!!!

if-you-dont-come-to-democracy-democracy-will-come-to-you2.jpg?w=500&h=417

Well I guess all I can say is ... that was organised well.

Guess the game starts here. No complaining. :cool:

340x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Well I guess all I can say is ... that was organised well.

Guess the game starts here. No complaining. :cool:
    But was it though?
    "Does anyone have a pic?"
    "No"..
    :D

But was it though?
    "No"..

Well I guess we can let them away with that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I would like to report everyone for playing factions correctly.

How dare they actually play right! They should get banned or teleported to an island so they can fight byselves while the rest of us play Hello kitty island adventure.

• Advertisement

I would like to report everyone for playing factions correctly.

How dare they actually play right! They should get banned or teleported to an island so they can fight byselves while the rest of us play Hello kitty island adventure.

Well i did say i split to try and get life into the game :P. oh and there are pics......and a vid :D :cool:

incidently your comment had me laughing loudly

But was it though?
    "No"..

i had a pick the whle time i was just chasing down your members like gav.... who logged while i was hitting him.....;)

Well i did say i split to try and get life into the game :P. oh and there are pics......and a vid :D :cool:

Ahh I didn't see you so I am not on the vid:(

i had a pick the whle time i was just chasing down your members like gav.... who logged while i was hitting him.....;)

Only a pic? you killed me with an arrow... as for the log. Just playing like the Creep boys. You can't beat them, join them. :)

Ahh I didn't see you so I am not on the vid:(

well alkb did the video so if you saw him you will be :D
    Only a pic? you killed me with an arrow... as for the log. Just playing like the Creep boys. You can't beat them, join them. :)

hehe i had ya cornered and all :P

ah sure we learned from u loggin when me and niall where after ya :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Killer_Byrne

Did your boat have propellers or something Buttany? :D You sailed away fairly fast!

Did your boat have propellers or something Buttany? :D You sailed away fairly fast!

You just haven't achieved my level of greatness yet.

cidmon wrote: »
    ah sure we learned from u loggin when me and niall where after ya :cool:

I believe niall started the logging...

• Advertisement

I'm just going to say that that was by far the most fun ive ever had on mc and i plan to keep playing like we have been :P now off to bed so i can get up in 5 hours for work :(

P.S. pics will go up tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement