Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

pejay wrote: »
    just want to know with anyone suffering anxiety does simple things in daily life work them up such as going for a bathe or a shower sounds mad i know and i cannot explain it just simple things like that set me off.

My day would just be to lie on the couch with a duvet and moan all day that i am tired just wondered if anybody else felt like this sometimes on a daily basis thanks guys

At the moment, all I want to do is lie on the couch. I don't want to have to talk to anyone. I wish I didn't feel like this - it's a really lonely feeling, so I kind of know what you mean, I think.
    What's more difficult for me at the moment is being out and about, going into shops and whatnot.
    I can't afford to succumb to those feelings. I'm up and dressed, which is a start.
    Hope you feel a bit better soon,x.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭pejay

girlonfire wrote: »
    At the moment, all I want to do is lie on the couch. I don't want to have to talk to anyone. I wish I didn't feel like this - it's a really lonely feeling, so I kind of know what you mean, I think.
    What's more difficult for me at the moment is being out and about, going into shops and whatnot.
    I can't afford to succumb to those feelings. I'm up and dressed, which is a start.
    Hope you feel a bit better soon,x.

yes i do be up and about but dread the daily tasks like shopping and school and just the boredom that comes with anxiety because you are so afraid to go anywhere in case of a panic attack i feel very flat somedays like today i have no emotion at all could not careless what happens other days is fear and on edge and just pure dread.

Since doc put me on new tablets i dont feel anything only will the day ever end just sick of clock watching and all i have to look forward to is taking my next dose of meds not a nice feeling at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I really regret saying that I joined now :o:(

I don't know, I feel like I'll be okay, and if I think I'm getting too obsessive I'll quit. My therapist and doctor are keeping an eye on it. I have a few other health problems that are really affected badly by my weight so I'm doing it for health more than anything.

Maybe concentrate more on exercise, take the focus away from food.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

cloud493 wrote: »
    Does anyone else have, I don't know if its an issue really, with losing weight? I've lost more than I thought, if that makes sense, without a conscience effort to do so.
    I've had this since getting better.

I really don't know how I've lost weight, I can only think it's something to do with being happy, some sort of physiological knock-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

And back into a depression I go. I swear you could set your watch by my mood cycling at the moment, I haven't had a day where I was not either somewhat high or somewhat low since they took me off all the antipsychotics last November. Whether my highs are bad enough to call hypomania is something I don't know, I've no idea where a period of elevated mood ends and hypomania begins. Nor really does it matter as I don't get high enough to need to be brought down to be honest, I start overspending and sleeping too little but nothing like the bad mania of 10 years ago.

But yesterday I felt ok, anxious but ok, today my thoughts are turning very dark (read: starting to think about cutting myself and worse, though I'm nearly 10 years on from the last time I cut), I feel a pain in my chest due to the degree of sadness I'm experiencing, everything I do seems to be pointless and everythign either annoys me or is flat and meaningless. My mood lifted briefly when I went out for a while to meet friends today but I'm even lower now that I came home. I was quite anxious when out though, so it wasn't all rosy.

Ah well, the happy elevated mood couldn't last forever I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Sorry to hear that Nesf :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

Been like that nesf for a while now aswell. In high moods been going buying expensive gifts for people ordering things on-line ect. living beyond my means to make people happy!.
    Kinda feeling here nor there now.
    Fighting a nasty chest infection so not really helping

ashblag wrote: »
    Been like that nesf for a while now aswell. In high moods been going buying expensive gifts for people ordering things on-line ect. living beyond my means to make people happy!.
    Kinda feeling here nor there now.
    Fighting a nasty chest infection so not really helping

Sorry to hear that too Ashblag. :( Were you able to cancel the gift orders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭girlonfire

flyswatter wrote: »
    Maybe concentrate more on exercise, take the focus away from food.

I think this is a tricky one, as exercise can become a problem when it comes to eating disorders. It's such a complex issue. I'm not saying that exercise is a bad idea. I think Princess Peach mentioned something above about a healthy lifestyle programme, which I'd agree is important.
    Personally, I'd be inclined to do things that make me feel healthy and positive about myself, rather than thinking of any weight related goals. A good support system is crucial.

Sorry to hear you're feeling so low Nesf. I understand the temptation to cut completely, but 10 years SI free is incredible and if you can hold onto that and remember that, no matter what happens, this low will lift eventually. The terrible feelings that flood in in the wake of cutting just aren't worth it. I hope your mood lifts soon. Hang in there,x

i am feeling really low at the moment dont know whether its the new med doing it or just my mood usually i am quite anxious and panicky but i feel nothing at the moment its like i have no emotion or worry, is this how i meant to feel when i am not anxious or worried about somehing i have been suffering anxiety for a long time and taking meds for bipolar that i forget what normal is.

My husband said today that i am very quiet and i noticed that that the slighest things the kids do annoys me even them playing the noise is piercing my ears, normally i would be quiet tolerable to a certain extent of noise.

Dont really want to back to my physciatrist and say the new med Lyrica she put me on is not working as she does not know what else to try as i have tried all bendidiazepans should i give them another while only been on them 5 days and hopefully the mood will lift.

Last week i was when i went into her i was all anxious and tremors and panicky this week i am so low i just hate her to think i was taking the mick and that i will not give the meds chance to work.

its so hard to get the balance right on a mood stabilizer serequel for my bipolar and valium and lyrica for the anxietylast week my mood was ok and my anxiety high this week my anxiety is low and my mood is low

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Riddle me this Pejay, when did your anxiety start?

banquo wrote: »
    Riddle me this Pejay, when did your anxiety start?

I have had it 12 years but was on an SSRI then i relapsed a year ago and my meds was changed to lustral and i went manic on them so was given a come down which was the mood stabilizer serequel, and they said i did not have depression but that it was bipolar the lycria seem to be working but i am so zapped of energy and tiredness and i hate this brain fogginess thats there all day i am hoping the longer i go on with the lycria then it will start to dissappear with time.

How long have you suffered it and what meds you on thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This is the most 'emo' thing I've ever put up here, and it'll probably get taken down. But at the same time, it describes my feelings exactly.

tumblr_m5gtnvKypI1rw4r5yo1_500.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Wow, that's so harsh.

I don't normally... whats the word. Pay much attention to things like that. But its pretty accurate for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Had a bad day today. Have been crying for a couple of hours.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better

Had a bad day today. Have been crying for a couple of hours.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better

Hi there.

What's up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I haven't taken my Efexor for a few weeks now, probably over a month at this stage. I didn't do it intentionally, just out of pure carelessness and allowing myself get forgetful about them. I know that you're not supposed to just come off meds all of a sudden but still I'm wondering to myself if I should try stay off it now altogether. I'm worried that if I start taking them again and finish what I have (like I'm probably supposed to) then my body will get used to them again and make it harder for me to come off them a second time. Obviously if things started getting bad again, and I reverted back to the way I was the past three or four years of my life, I'd start taking them again. But I honestly feel like right now I'm much more capable of being.....well not happy, as such, but not depressed either, than ever before.

I'd probably know for sure what to do if I could see my GP but my medical card ran out and the process of applying for a new one has gone on for months at this stage. I can't afford to go back without a medical card. :(

Other than that internal dilemma I've signed up for a free online 6 week course in cryptography (and then, having seen the amount of programming required, promptly signed up for an "introduction to programming" one! :pac:). On one hand I'm pleased that I've signed up for something that's gonna help me pass the time and keep my thoughts away from brooding about stuff that's gone wrong for me in the past. But I am a little worried that it will be way too difficult for me. I struggled a lot in college (having been top of my class all throughout primary and secondary school) and went from believing I was reasonably intelligent to feeling like a complete idiot most of the time. I know stuff is meant to be difficult but I don't want to feel stupid and hopelessly out of my depth again, because that was a large part of what led to me being depressed in the first place. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Just a heads up on this for everyone!
    Ray D'Arcy: Ireland's Depression Epidemic.

TV3: 10.00pm One in four Irish people will experience depression during their life time, but it has remained a silent epidemic that people are often ashamed to talk about. It is for these reasons that Ray is on a mission to understand the problem of Depression in our country, to meet the people affected by it directly and, most importantly, to get the nation talking about it. In the first part of his investigation, he explains some of the most commonly used terminology relating to the illness, and meets people from a variety of backgrounds who have had to cope with depression for most of their lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I've set the ray darcey thing to record.
    Started bawling it at counsillors today. Just in so much pain

I've set the ray darcey thing to record.
    Started bawling it at counsillors today. Just in so much pain

This is the most 'emo' thing I've ever put up here, and it'll probably get taken down. But at the same time, it describes my feelings exactly.

tumblr_m5gtnvKypI1rw4r5yo1_500.png

That's just so nonsensical, not having a dig at you. It's just really illogical to be thinking about blood being used to save car crash victims or something in a situation like that.

Have you considered the Young Adult programme in St. Pats Hospital or something similar? As a way of improving self esteem, as they deal with a lot of people with those issues.

Um, how the **** am I euphoric for the past few hours? High, then low for three days, then high again? Eh, what? Like it's great and wonderful but surely this isn't right to go from thinking about suicide to finding everything in the world wonderful in the space of two days. Am quite irritable though, so it's not all happy. Great form and irritability are quite an odd pairing.

Beats paranoia, self harm and suicidal ideation though.

That's just so nonsensical, not having a dig at you. It's just really illogical to be thinking about blood being used to save car crash victims or something in a situation like that.

Have you considered the Young Adult programme in St. Pats Hospital or something similar? As a way of improving self esteem, as they deal with a lot of people with those issues.

I suppose its theme, rather than what it actually says, you know.

I am so angry right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i've been accused of doing something I didn't do. i'm trying not to let it get to me, as it's only on boards, but it really does. this is a central issue for me, people thinking something of me that's not true. i got some breathing exercises today, and i'm meant to be postponing my anxiety. but i can't even bring myself to stop thinking about it long enough to lie down and do that.

I suppose its theme, rather than what it actually says, you know.

Yeah, I get you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

That's it though, when you're in a spiral of negative thinking your head just comes up with these things. Like so much of the stuff I've thought about myself is clearly illogical, but knowing that doesn't stop it from happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Scarlett.

First time posting here...anyone else here with social anxiety? I only had to make a simple phone call, I had planned the entire conversation in my head, when it came to it my heart started beating out of my chest and I had no idea what I was saying, and now after it I feel shaky. I tend to get panicky around people too but I've found that if I see them as animals rather than people it seems to be okay but that's a terrible coping mechanism. I'm quiet and am alone a lot of the time, I can't hold a conversation with anyone because I lack basic conversation skills.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement