Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors accepting Medical Card - City Centre

• 09-02-2010 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Sorry if this has been raised before, but HSE don't seem to have list of GPs who accept the medical card/ accept new registrations online.

Anybody know of any website that sets them out or names of good GPs who take the card?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

Do not all Doctors accept medical card?

I'm applying myself and it would be a shame if my current GP doesn't accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

applesrock wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been raised before, but HSE don't seem to have list of GPs who accept the medical card/ accept new registrations online.

Anybody know of any website that sets them out or names of good GPs who take the card?

Thanks

As far as I know, no doctors accept registration online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

techguy wrote: »
    Do not all Doctors accept medical card?

Most do.

However, I am not aware if all G.P.s must accept medical card patients.

My mother needed to get a new G.P. a few years ago when her previous one retired. We tried a local doctor who would take her as a private patient but he said that his "list was full" so he would not take her as a Medical card patient.

Advertisement