Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics on TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

K_1 wrote: »
    Highlights of the Indoors from Belfast on RTE 2 at the moment until 8.

Its online as well

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

YFlyer wrote: »
    Its online as well
    Here's the RTE Player link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Aviva Athletics this Saturday 1pm on BBC One, just a reminder.

Anyone know if the Tokyo Marathon will be televised or streamed? Haile is running it. It's on the 26th of Feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Derval on newstalk right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Woddle wrote: »
    Derval on newstalk right now.

Missed the end of it but it was quite good. Ivan Yates even managed to behave himself and not ask stupid questions or ridicule her.

• Advertisement

Missed the end of it but it was quite good. Ivan Yates even managed to behave himself and not ask stupid questions or ridicule her.

Did he not ask was she going to train for the marathon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

YFlyer wrote: »
    Did he not ask was she going to train for the marathon?

ha ha, as I said I missed the end. Did he seriously ask her that? Like asking Brian O'Driscoll is he going to train for tag rugby.

ha ha, as I said I missed the end. Did he seriously ask her that? Like asking Brian O'Driscoll is he going to train for tag rugby.

I don't think so, but you never know :D

For those who missed the Eamon Coghlan "Man on a Mission" documentary when it was on Setanta, it can now be watched online. It's where Eamon goes to Iten in Kenya and meets with Brother Colm and some of the athletes that train there.

Definitely worth a watch.

http://www.athleticsweekly.com/videos/man-on-a-mission/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Itziger

G-Money wrote: »
    For those who missed the Eamon Coghlan "Man on a Mission" documentary when it was on Setanta, it can now be watched online. It's where Eamon goes to Iten in Kenya and meets with Brother Colm and some of the athletes that train there.

Definitely worth a watch.

http://www.athleticsweekly.com/videos/man-on-a-mission/

Two words man,

Thank you.

Inspiring stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Anyone know if the Tokyo Marathon will be televised or streamed? Haile is running it. It's on the 26th of Feb.

Haile 4th in 2:08xx, after fading badly in final 5k. He had been leading but.....
    He will struggle to get into the Ethiopian Olympic team now as 3 Ethiopians ran sub 2:05 in Dubai last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

20 minute interview with Paul Hession on Sunday Sport show on Newstalk today. Maybe will be available on their website as podcast.

Interesting insight into Hessions's mental prep for races, and how he tries to peak in time for the big championships. He admitted he got it wrong for the Worlds last year. Also claims that the facilities that he had access to in Dunfermline were superior to anything in this country.

There's a Stanford Invitational on today in the US. I think Cragg is running two events at it, and I somehow seem to remember reading that Finnoula Britton will be running something at it also.

Not sure if it's televised or streamed but I will keep an eye on this site:

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/248549-2012-Stanford-Invitational

Paris Marathon 7.30am on Sunday morning on Eurosport and Eurosport HD. I kind of thought they might be showing Rotterdam instead but I guess not.

Great Ireland run 12.55pm on Sunday on RTE Two.

Mods: Should we make this thread a sticky that everyone can update? It's something that frequently gets used and updated it seems but the forum can be quite busy which makes the thread not as easy to find as it slides down the list of threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

We have 7 stickies already, I don't really want to add more.
    Most of the thread entries seem to be T&F - maybe they can be added to the Outdoor/Indoor Season sticky, and road races into the event thread if there is one?

Hmmm, well personally I like having one thread that's devoted to TV/online coverage of any/all athletics events. It covers all normal events plus any shows not directly connected to a particular race or whatever e.g. Man on a Mission documentary and others.

Turns out both Boston and Rotterdam marathons are available to watch via Universal Sports, although there's a $4.99 fee to watch the Rotterdam marathon. Not sure if Boston is free or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Peckham

Not sure if Boston is free or not.

Am pretty sure it is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

After looking at the local dutch tv station I think the Rotterdam marathon will be streamed on their website. My Dutch ain't that good so hopefully I'm right.

If you go to:

http://www.rijnmond.nl/

Click on "Kijk nu TV Rijnmond Live" about half way down on the right hand side in a blue tab and you should be sorted. It will be in Dutch but at least you might see the the world record being beaten. Traffic through the site might be busy during the race so not sure of the quality of the feed but at the moment it is perfect.

Dev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

dev123 wrote: »
    After looking at the local dutch tv station I think the Rotterdam marathon will be streamed on their website. My Dutch ain't that good so hopefully I'm right.

If you go to:

http://www.rijnmond.nl/

Click on "Kijk nu TV Rijnmond Live" about half way down on the right hand side in a blue tab and you should be sorted. It will be in Dutch but at least you might see the the world record being beaten. Traffic through the site might be busy during the race so not sure of the quality of the feed but at the moment it is perfect.

Dev

Apologies to those whose hopes I might have raised but further investigation into the televising of Rotterdam has unearthed that the tv station are showing 8 minutes of the finish area at around 1.30pm in the afternoon, 3 hours after the start.

It seems that UPC are showing it from 1.30pm on. Seems strange. Maybe the rights have been bought up.

Apologies again, there is a lot of egg on my face right about now redface.giffrown.gif

dev123 wrote: »
    Apologies to those whose hopes I might have raised but further investigation into the televising of Rotterdam has unearthed that the tv station are showing 8 minutes of the finish area at around 1.30pm in the afternoon, 3 hours after the start.

It seems that UPC are showing it from 1.30pm on. Seems strange. Maybe the rights have been bought up.

Apologies again, there is a lot of egg on my face right about now redface.giffrown.gif

Anyone know what the start time is for this race?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Anyone know what the start time is for this race?

0930 BST

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Whats the preferred marathon to watch, Boston or Rotterdam?

Given the amount of top class Kenyans in Rotterdam, I would think this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

nellocono wrote: »
    Whats the preferred marathon to watch, Boston or Rotterdam?

Given the amount of top class Kenyans in Rotterdam, I would think this one.

Watch both! Boston's on Monday, Rotterdam's on Sunday. Paris (live on Eurosport) will be tasty, too.

Turns out both Boston and Rotterdam marathons are available to watch via Universal Sports, although there's a $4.99 fee to watch the Rotterdam marathon. Not sure if Boston is free or not.

I just tried to order the Rotterdam marathon coverage via Universal Sports and had no luck. There's an option to order it but when you click on it and login, it just brings you to the main page. Clicking on it again just brings you back to the login screen, even though it says it's available to order now. I don't know if perhaps it's blocked here in Ireland which is why the order page doesn't come up. Kind of annoying. I'd much rather watch Rotterdam than Paris but Eurosport aren't showing Rotterdam.

For those who have Setanta Sports 1, the documentary Man on a Mission is repeated tomorrow (Sunday) at 2pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

I just tried to order the Rotterdam marathon coverage via Universal Sports and had no luck. There's an option to order it but when you click on it and login, it just brings you to the main page. Clicking on it again just brings you back to the login screen, even though it says it's available to order now. I don't know if perhaps it's blocked here in Ireland which is why the order page doesn't come up. Kind of annoying. I'd much rather watch Rotterdam than Paris but Eurosport aren't showing Rotterdam.

Stay away from Universal Sports coverage. It has seriously gone down hill over the last two years in terms of stream going down or other technical issues. Not worth the money anymore.

Here is a site where you should find a stream hopefully (doesnt show calendar till the day of unfortunately)

http://www.lshunter.tv/other-live-streaming-video.html

ecoli wrote: »
    Stay away from Universal Sports coverage. It has seriously gone down hill over the last two years in terms of stream going down or other technical issues. Not worth the money anymore.

Here is a site where you should find a stream hopefully (doesnt show calendar till the day of unfortunately)

Yeah, I think you are right. They're doing a good enough job as it is at dissuading me (not being able to order the event).

I must remember to try and leave work early on Monday to catch the end of the Boston marathon. I think the elite women start at 2.30pm irish time and the men at 3.

ecoli wrote: »

Is it just me or is Rotterdam not showing up on that list?

Found a live stream, no english commentary though, but better than nothing I guess.

http://nos.nl/dossier/231914-marathon-naar-londen-2012/tab/388/live/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭rom

Found a live stream, no english commentary though, but better than nothing I guess.

http://nos.nl/dossier/231914-marathon-naar-londen-2012/tab/388/live/

great coverage, no silly interviews, flyovers etc, just the race.

Advertisement