Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Marks prices

• 16-06-2006 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

I'm thinking of getting my hair done in Peter Marks, does anyone know the general prices off-hand? I'm talking about getting it coloured...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Highlights are around 90 for short hair, that's all I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I think it differs between each salon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I wouldn't even go to Peter Marks for a trim, they haven't a clue how to cut hair and their colouring is pretty rubbish compared to other salons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

they do discounts on highlights and colors if you go during the week. they charge depending on who does it too. The salon in naas and teh one in grafton street are great but be wary of some of the other branches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

a cut and all over colour is €60 and just as with any other salon it depends on the stylist...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I went to the one on grafton street for a full head of highlights and cut and it was €140.
    Looks nice and i'm too much of a wuss to try anywhere else now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Just got half a head of highlights and cut (shoulder length hair) last friday and it was €118

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

eth0_ wrote:
    I wouldn't even go to Peter Marks for a trim, they haven't a clue how to cut hair and their colouring is pretty rubbish compared to other salons.

Agreed. A very trashy places with inexperienced staff

Go to a top hair salon that charges high prices at least that way you know you're getting value for your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I can't stand Peter Marks They're rubbish and I never got what I asked for so I started going to Toni and Guy and they were brill but it was getting a bit expensive so then I started going to the L'Oreal academy. My friends uncle works there and he said that they were really good so I thought I'd at least try it out and I love it now. Im forever there. Cuts are free, your first colour is free and then €20 after that.

Basically they have classes going all the time and when you call they'll tell you what ones are coming up. So basically you make an appointment with them. When you do you'll have to go in for a skin test at least a day before the class just so they know youre not allergic to the dyes. I've had my hair cut and coloured there so many times and never had any complaints. There is always a L'Oreal Technician there to keep an eye on everything and they really know what they're doing - a couple of times they've had Technicians from London, New York and California. The take it really seriously so don't worry - you won't come out hairless or something!

There are different classes depending on what you'd like done - Go for a fashion techniques class if you're looking for something a bit different - like red/pink/blue/bleaching or a mullet?! Or then there's the basic classes where you can just get your hair trimmed/layers or a basic all over colour. I've had my hair every colour under the sun at this stage and they do it really tastefully. They'll give you a full consultation beforehand and really talk through what you would like.

The number is 01 6045900 and it's in the building opposite where the Red Box is - the green line luas stops tight outside.

Anyway - Just thought I'd pass on the info incase anyone might be interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

ThrownAway wrote:
    Go to a top hair salon that charges high prices at least that way you know you're getting value for your money.

What are the top salons though? I've no idea where these places are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

There's nothing wrong with Peter Mark! You get ''bad'' hairdressers everywhere! A lot of people just don't communicate well enough with them. Everyone's complimenting the cut/style of my hair...*smug face* :D

What are the top salons though? I've no idea where these places are.

I suppose Toni and Guy/David Marshell/ Joseph Kramer? Cant think of any more

Don't have any experience with Joseph Kramer but Toni and Guy and David Marshells are great. they make you feel like they know what they're doing and I always come out happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

I got mine done in Peter Mark on Grafton Street, I always go there. It was around about €170 for hull-head highlights and cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 katy_00

has anyone any views on peter marks in st. stephens green????

I'm going there this w/e. There's a few good stylists there apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Charcolicious

the peter mark in dundrum town centre is a really good salon! ive been there loads of times and each time i get a great haircut! a cut is around 51 -56 euro and meche can be up to 160 i think! i love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

yeah i agree with peter marks in dundrum

very friendly staff, who listen to what you ask for!!

my last cut was 51.50 and got half head highlights cost €106 but €10 off promo,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I took a chance a few weeks ago and went to Peter Marks for the first time in ages. Up to then I avoided them like the plague following some awaful cuts in the past. Went to Rathmines and the service was fairly terrible. Having said that, the stylist was excellent. Me suspects that he won't be working for Peter Marks much longer. Best part is that the cut was only €40.

Having said all that I will be heading back to Toni & Guy next time, I just don't fancy the odds of getting two good cuts in a row in Peter Marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

are peter marks ladies prices as much a rip off as the mens prices, in the pub last night i noticed my friend got a haircut, he went to peter marks and paid 29 quid for an unremarkable cut (as it was across the road from him) where as i got my haircut in a proper barbers last month for a tenner.

His hair looked a bit dodgy, that's how i noticed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

eth0_ wrote: »

I'd agree with that. I used to go to the one on Grafton Street and I was never happy with how they did my hair, now I usually go to Lunatic Fringe, I think it's called, also on Grafton Street, I've found them really good in there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

You're in Dublin? Go to House of Colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I much prefer Peter Marks on Dundrum Main St than the one in the town centre - they're really stuck up in there!

I've been going to the one on the main st for the last year - found a nice stylest (who actually listens!!), and a cut and all-over colour is 80 euro.

Not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

You're in Dublin? Go to House of Colour.

Are they any good? I really need to get my hair cut. Used to go to Joseph Kramer but they never did what I wanted.

Am in bad need for a good hairdresser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rose123

I'm thinking of getting a blonde colour job done in a peter marks salon in dublin.. Im naturally dark haired so im wary of finding the right salon.. does any one have any suggestions and prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 irishharpie

Personally I love this little hair salon off Parnell st called YES. I have had my hair done there about five time's in the past two years and never have I had to complain once about the end result. for a full restyle it cost's about €70 and they do some really great cut's. I have even brought a couple of friend's there and they agree that it's amazing. They can do anything in there.

I have never liked the peter mark's cut's or color's. I guess I've just never had a good experience with them. So most of the place's I went before I found YES were all small little salon's around Blanchardstown. Good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Peter Marks ruins hair. My sister tried 3 separate times to get her hair layered there and each time they made a complete mess of it. She tried 3 different senior stylists and none remotely succeeded. I myself tried once and also was unhappy with the result. /rant. lol.

I highly recommend ZOO [across from Buffalo and Sabotage] just off Grafton Street. Little pricer then most hairdresser but we always come out of there very happy with the result. Fantastic place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

There's nothing wrong with Peter Mark! You get ''bad'' hairdressers everywhere! A lot of people just don't communicate well enough with them. Everyone's complimenting the cut/style of my hair...*smug face* :D

Me = hairdresser.
    i went to Peter Marks 2 times. (1st time was only a trim) sh*te service, colourist hadn't a clue, sh*te at washing hair.. rushed completely, hardly got a chat or a smile. No no no.

I'm taking back all I said about Peter Marks

Jave been there a few times recently. I work on Stephens Green in Dublin and they're went beause they're close. I usually go to the one on Grafton Street - They're open late Teusday to Saturday.

Have had my hair cut twice in the last six months and just got a full head of highlights on Wednesday and they were great. It has to be said - you can't tar all Peter Marks with the same brush!!!

A full head of highlights was €148.50 with a blow dry for short hair and €180 for long

I don't know how much it is with a cut.

The prices range from slaon to salon

Anyway - My point being, Depending on your individual hairdresser, Peter Marks are grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dear2asha

Hey thanks.I am new to dublin and information provided by you for hair colour and cut was so detailed and it helps people like me who are new to dublin, as i was reading your post i was also having queries and was parallely getting replied from you in your post. great job, and hope i also have the same experience just like you with loreal academy.
    if i haven't mistaken there is a quote folowed by sai baba by you, i too am baba devotee, would like to know more about you.

Thanks again.

Orlee wrote: »
    I can't stand Peter Marks They're rubbish and I never got what I asked for so I started going to Toni and Guy and they were brill but it was getting a bit expensive so then I started going to the L'Oreal academy. My friends uncle works there and he said that they were really good so I thought I'd at least try it out and I love it now. Im forever there. Cuts are free, your first colour is free and then €20 after that.

Basically they have classes going all the time and when you call they'll tell you what ones are coming up. So basically you make an appointment with them. When you do you'll have to go in for a skin test at least a day before the class just so they know youre not allergic to the dyes. I've had my hair cut and coloured there so many times and never had any complaints. There is always a L'Oreal Technician there to keep an eye on everything and they really know what they're doing - a couple of times they've had Technicians from London, New York and California. The take it really seriously so don't worry - you won't come out hairless or something!

There are different classes depending on what you'd like done - Go for a fashion techniques class if you're looking for something a bit different - like red/pink/blue/bleaching or a mullet?! Or then there's the basic classes where you can just get your hair trimmed/layers or a basic all over colour. I've had my hair every colour under the sun at this stage and they do it really tastefully. They'll give you a full consultation beforehand and really talk through what you would like.

The number is 01 6045900 and it's in the building opposite where the Red Box is - the green line luas stops tight outside.

Anyway - Just thought I'd pass on the info incase anyone might be interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

ThrownAway wrote: »
    Agreed. A very trashy places with inexperienced staff

I go to a girl in Peter Marks who has 20 years experience as a stylist. If I can't get her, I wait till I can. She never lets me down. It's just luck of the draw with finding a good stylist. I don't think it matters if it's in a chain of hairsalons or an independant place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭aingeal_croi

Hello can anyone recommend a hairdresser in Naas as I am fairly new to the area dont really know where to go to get a decent haircut and colour ( I'm female btw) TIA

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement