Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mooch 9" Android (Living Social)

• 10-10-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than I could advise me whether this is a good deal or not.

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/873712-9-inch-android-tablet

I'm looking at it for myself - mainly would be used for browsing, email, FB and of course candy crush!

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You need to fix the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Ooops sorry - fixed it now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Ooops sorry - fixed it now. :)

512MB ram is a bit slow and the res is only 800 x 480
    So not really that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Thanks Ste-.

Thanks why I needed a knowledgeable person to guide me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 yumfluff

Im looking a the deal also.. its 86E.. so cheap for a tablet. I havnt a clue wheather or not its advisable even to spend that on something tha may not work very well, ie: battery life, qality and speed. But as I havnt a breeeeze about ram and all that I would greatly appriciate somones advice on this deal
    Thanks,

Hayley :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Barry0

yumfluff wrote: »
    Im looking a the deal also.. its 86E.. so cheap for a tablet. I havnt a clue wheather or not its advisable even to spend that on something tha may not work very well, ie: battery life, qality and speed. But as I havnt a breeeeze about ram and all that I would greatly appriciate somones advice on this deal
    Thanks,

Hayley :)

I had one. It's a generic, cheap chinese tablet. It will work but it's low quality, the connectors have a tendency to break, the power button can snap off, the battery lasts an hour to an hour and a half if you're lucky. Anything but really basic games run slow.

If you really want one though, the exact same tablet is on Amazon and eBay for £49.99 (about €59). That "€251 value" statement on the website is bull....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 friendlyfella

I am so glad I read this. I thought it might be Chinese. Lidl are doing a 7 inch tablet with a case and detachable keyboard this week for 99 Euro.

Advertisement