Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

FYI gals,
    Dunnes have new baby clothes set reduced to 7e.
    In cream,pink and blue.
    We picked up three.
    It's a baby grow,vest,hat,scratch mits, trousers cardigan and bib.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Boots (Maynooth) has buy 2 get 3 on big boxes of pampers, Tescos also seem to have a sale on again for them and huggies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

javagal wrote: »
    FYI gals,
    Dunnes have new baby clothes set reduced to 7e.
    In cream,pink and blue.
    We picked up three.
    It's a baby grow,vest,hat,scratch mits, trousers cardigan and bib.

They have a really cute cot set for €35 - quilt, flat sheet and bumper. Was in my local one today but didn't notice any clothes reduced. Darn it!

Mink, totally know how you feel. I was "up" all week and then like someone flicked a switch was feeling awful emotional last night. Cldnt sleep even though I was exhausted, tears streaming down my cheeks and I wasn't crying. OH was getting annoyed because he obviously wanted to help me, and thought I wasn't telling him what was wrong. Nightmare!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Hi Everyone

My wife is having twins due in July. Its her first pregnancy obviously everything is new to her. We went through the IVF procedure and all her care up to today was in Taiwan. Since week 16 she has been getting a tightening of her tummy and an almost contraction feeling. Our Doctor in Taiwan prescribed a drug called Ritodrine to calm down the contractions and this seems to help. Last night the contractions were about 6 per hour and we were worried something might be wrong so today we went to the Labor ward in Ardkeen, Waterford.
    Two things happened that disturbed us greatly from the experience. Firstly they did a procedure similar to a smear test in order to check if the Cervex was opening. This was very sore for my wife when they did it and also since then she has been getting a red discharge on wiping. Her vagina still feels sore now.
    The second thing that happened was the registrar Doctor basically said there is nothing they can do to stop a miscarriage before 24 weeks and what will be will be. Basically you are on your own type attitude. My wifes faith in the whole medical system here is now gone and she feels helpless. We are wondering is this type of attitude from the Doctors the general opinion of Doctors in this country or do some show caring and try to help women to keep their babies and get them 24 weeks and beyond? We would really like to hear others opinions and experiences.
    Thanks in Advance

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Hi MickGer,

First of all, my congratulations to you and your wife on being successful with IVF.

What you have experienced with doctors here is very sad. Patients are sometimes treated as numbers in our hospital. Faceless and nameless. I'm so sorry that you and your wife had such a horrible experience. I know some of the girls here have come across some horrible doctors so far in their pregnancy.
    Unfortunately I cannot comment, this is my second pregnancy and I haven't had any complications so far, apart from an unpleasant experience in the labour ward with some trainee ambulance workers on my first birth, I haven't had any problems with dr's I have met.

Would you try ringing your local gp and asking some advice. There should be something they can do for her surely!?

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I hope your wife is ok.

Silly x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Mickger: I've had a few bleeds this pregnancy and they've checked my cervix to see was it open each time: that is normal. And it did hurt me aswell. I'm not sure about bleeding to be honest because that was what was bothering me anytime they checked.

I know they told me at the two bleeds I had before 12 weeks there was nothing they could do... the most recent one they didn't: but then it didn't come up either as it wasn't bad. I'd ring your local GP: anything just to see.

The attitude is uncalled for and unfortunately some nurses and doctors have the bedside manner of a block of ice. Patients are as Silly said faceless and nameless: but just to some doctors.

I've been really sick this pregnancy and the majority of nurses and doctors have been lovely (not all but most!) they've done their best to reassure me and get me feeling healthy again. I'm still sick but god I am so much better then I had been and my little babs is normal and healthy. I've had loads of extra scans and been scheduled for more because I need them.

It's utterly traumatic for you and your wife to be so worried and to have been treated like that. If the discharge doesn't stop ring GP or hospital. Request a different doctor...

I hope everythings okay for both of you x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Mickger I think this is indicative of our normal doctors here. I know so many foreign friends or friends with duel citizenship who return home for treatment after experiences like this. I would say yes the feeling is very much that you are on your own. You can get some attention if you go privately but even then I think medicine hasn`t advanced so much here and they place little importants on the lives of unborn children when they can`t even manage to provide healthcare to the children living with health problems. :( I`m sorry I can`t offer you any comfort or tell you that this was a rarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Mickerger, no advice other than what has already been given above - contact your GP and get seen by another consultant. We've had quite a few of the July ladies with serious medical concerns, and they have proved that there are great doctors out there. My heart goes out to you both.

Ladies, I had my anomaly scan yesterday, and our little baby is absolutely perfect! We're having a girl! I am so excited! I may not be able to feel the kicks yet, but she was kicking her little feet like she was having her first tantrum :)

I can't recommend ultrasound dimensions highly enough, they were amazing. They scanned the heart (we could see all the chambers and valves pumping), kidneys, bladder (which you can see empty!), spine - with all clearly distinct vertebrae, legs, arms - everything! And no shadow of a doubt that it was a little girl - the woman zoomed in, right at the start of the scan, and while my husband and I were still trying to figure out what we were looking at, she just said - it's definitely a girl, there is her labia, and there is her tiny clitoris! We were awe-struck!

They even flicked into the 3D imaging for a while so we could see our little girl's face, which is adorable. We're both already smitten, and i've been smiling so much, my face is sore :D

One of the £D images makes here look like a gremlin, but in the other, her little face is so clear. I'm so in love :)

Kash wrote: »
    Mickerger, no advice other than what has already been given above - contact your GP and get seen by another consultant. We've had quite a few of the July ladies with serious medical concerns, and they have proved that there are great doctors out there. My heart goes out to you both.

Ladies, I had my anomaly scan yesterday, and our little baby is absolutely perfect! We're having a girl! I am so excited! I may not be able to feel the kicks yet, but she was kicking her little feet like she was having her first tantrum :)

I can't recommend ultrasound dimensions highly enough, they were amazing. They scanned the heart (we could see all the chambers and valves pumping), kidneys, bladder (which you can see empty!), spine - with all clearly distinct vertebrae, legs, arms - everything! And no shadow of a doubt that it was a little girl - the woman zoomed in, right at the start of the scan, and while my husband and I were still trying to figure out what we were looking at, she just said - it's definitely a girl, there is her labia, and there is her tiny clitoris! We were awe-struck!

They even flicked into the 3D imaging for a while so we could see our little girl's face, which is adorable. We're both already smitten, and i've been smiling so much, my face is sore :D

One of the £D images makes here look like a gremlin, but in the other, her little face is so clear. I'm so in love :)
    Kash girl power woo!
    That place is great!i think the same about the 3d picture, one she's gorgeous and looks like me , another shes like voldemort!
    Congrats girl isnt it the most amazing day x

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Girls I'm still in shock had my scan this morning and it was brilliant,after having 4 boys I'm having a girl. Dh nearly fell of the chair,and I'm just still in total shock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I'm delighted for you tinks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Ladies that’s great :)
    I can imagine how happy you are :)

We have scan arrange in hospital for 15th of March and I can't wait :)

We spend afternoon today in Howth, weather was great, and I feel so relaxed and sleepy now :)

Girls I'm still in shock had my scan this morning and it was brilliant,after having 4 boys I'm having a girl. Dh nearly fell of the chair,and I'm just still in total shock
    Congrats tink x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Congrats Tink thats fab xxx

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - Girl
    Mamaheidi-8th July?
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July - Girl
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - Girl
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Mink- 28th July
    theg81der- 31st July

Is that everyone who knows so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

All the girls everywhere: is anyone having a boy??!! I'm loving everyone finding out!

Silly I have just realised your sig has crapfork in it: I've been dreaming that word for weeks (normally ppl shouting it at me!!) and couldn't figure it out! I was asking everyone what the feck a crapfork was :rolleyes:

I still haven't bought anything at all for baby: I saw a gorgeous sesame street babygro and bib set in Dunnes I couldn't bring myself to buy it!

21 weeks I am loving it woohoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Congrats Kash & Tinkerbell! Fab news x

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Hi all,

This is my first time to post so bear with me while I get used to it. Congrats to you all, I have read over some of the posts to try and catch up but not sure my 'baby brain' will let me remember it all.... A bit about me...this is my third pregnacy and I'm currently 18 weeks, due 27th of july!! Hopefully now ill be able to fine the time to follow this thread. Can't wait to read about how you are all getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Delighted for all the ladies who have had scans over the weekend and found out what they're having. Every week we seem to reach a new milestone...it's so exciting!

We bought pushchair today. Got a great deal on adverts. Looks like it was barely used! We're just looking at all the bits and pieces in the living room and freaking out...were going to have to build an extension. How can such a tiny person need so much stuff?
    The pram we went for is like a million in one type thing, so just need to order an overnight mattress for the carrycot and we can use that as a Moses basket.
    It's going to take me days to get out of the house for the first time by the time I figure out what goes where and how!

Can't say I've felt a definate kick yet but I'm feeling a lot more movements inside if that makes sense to anyone.
    I don't know what I'll do if my boobs get any bigger, it's just ridiculous now. They arrive in a room five minutes before I do!

Congrats girls on finding out ye are having girl's. No boys yet!!

Welcome to the new tinker bell! Congrats on your pregnancy.

Any of ye getting leg cramps at night??
    I've got it twice in the last week and man are they sore! My leg goes into a really painful spasm! Apparently it's common in late pregnancy. I'm not 20 weeks until wednesday, so it seems a bit early!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

More girls!!
    Fantastic :D
    I`m hoping to find out on Thursday morning 1st March our 20 week scan.
    Did any of ye drink Lucozade/coke or anything like that to get baby up and dancing for the cameras??
    I`m 100% convinced I`m having a boy so we`ll see if I`m right.

• Advertisement

silly wrote: »

Silly I get cramps as well.
    I notice that when I eat banana before I'm going to bed they are gone.

cyning wrote: »

Silly I have just realised your sig has crapfork in it: I've been dreaming that word for weeks (normally ppl shouting it at me!!) and couldn't figure it out! I was asking everyone what the feck a crapfork was :rolleyes:
    :D
    Crapfork was all the rage back in the day here on boards.

Saurelin wrote: »
    silly wrote: »

Silly I get cramps as well.
    I notice that when I eat banana before I'm going to bed they are gone.
    Thanks for that. I've started to do stretches before getting into bed, so I'll see if that improves it.
    Man they are sore!
    I'm jealous of all of ye finding out the gender! Hoping I'll stick to my guns and keep it as a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Thanks Silly!! Not sure yet how to do the 'Thanks From' i'm sure Ill figure it out...as for ur leg cramps havent got it on this 1 yet(fingers crossed) but did get them on my other 2 pregnacies, Saurelin is right though the potassium in the bananas help and also 2 keep hydrated. Hope they go away soon their a nightmare!!!:)

Thanks Silly!! Not sure yet how to do the 'Thanks From' i'm sure Ill figure it out...
    I'm using boards in my phone, so it's just a "thanks" button under everyone's post.
    I'm not sure how it is on the actual site, it's been so long since I've been on it.

I'm still in shock,would love to buy a few pink things,there's gorgeous sets in next but I'm almost afraid to believe it. Even though I've seen it myself and have a pic here of the bunburger as she called it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Tinkerbell79, the thanks button is the little 'thumbs up' button you can see on the far right, beside the quote buttons, at the bottom of each persons post. You'll see your name pop up under 'Thanks from.." and can remove it with a link on the left. Congrats on your pregnancy, looking forward to sharing the ups and downs with you in the next 20 or so weeks!

Original Tink, I am exactly the same - I literally cannot believe it. I can't wait to buy little girly things - I am so NOT a girly girl, but I have a sudden desire for pink and frilly!!

I honestly have not stopped smiling since the scan - my cheeks hurt from the dopey grin I have plastered on :D

All along dh said he didn't want a girl,that he couldn't handle one.and because I've miscarried 2 times in the last 2 years but had healthy boys in between so I assumed maybe I couldn't carry girls but I'm delighted now that I can.and dh is planning a pink nursery :):)

Good Morning ladies :)

Silly I hope you will feel better :)

Kash it's normal with the pink things :) My friend, who always wanted boy is expecting a girl in end of June, she is mad now. I didn't know that pink has so many shades! And I am girly girl ;-)

Tinkebell welcome :)

I decided that today will be lazy day but then my cats decided that I had enough sleep at 5:30 am, so I made laundry twice, wash dishes, clean bathroom and big pile of clothes waiting for ironing is smiling at me - is it nesting or I'm just bored? :P;)

• Advertisement

Hey ladies! Hope you all had a nice weekend!
    I need a serious kick up the back side with college i am so lazy and have so much catching up to do from missing days due to tiredness etc i know that i.m doing it for my babys future but i just wanna be at home watching maternity shows, come on divine inspiration!

Advertisement