Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So where are we all from ?

• 22-06-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi guys, I've only recently been introduced to radomselect and these forums (glad to see a FG scene in Ireland :P ) and as such i was just wondering where each of us are. I'm from Dublin but I'm living in Newport, Co.Tipperary. So that means middle of nowhere and bad internet for me :) I could go to casuals and stuff in Cork, but money is a bit of a problem at the moment :P So far it doesnt seem anyone around here is very compitent of FGs , mostly just COD fanboys, any time i bring them up it's either " you just mash buttons " or " theyre boring " :P

Well anyway, just curious that's all :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

From Dublin myself, the majority of players are from Dublin or near Dublin itself Wicklow, Meath

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

From Dublin myself, living in Kildare.

there's a healthy enough scene in Cork, you should check out the Tempest tournaments down there, I made one a couple of months ago and enjoyed the day immensely.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9531AB0CF84B75E6 is a playlist of the day, you can see me and all the locals duke it out.

If you want to get into the scene, save up and make it down for a Tempest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

recnib wrote: »
    Hi guys, I've only recently been introduced to radomselect and these forums (glad to see a FG scene in Ireland :P ) and as such i was just wondering where each of us are. I'm from Dublin but I'm living in Newport, Co.Tipperary. So that means middle of nowhere and bad internet for me :) I could go to casuals and stuff in Cork, but money is a bit of a problem at the moment :P So far it doesnt seem anyone around here is very compitent of FGs , mostly just COD fanboys, any time i bring them up it's either " you just mash buttons " or " theyre boring " :P

There is a good enough scene in cork. We have tournaments every month called tempest. There's goukens, bisons, codys, ryus, kens ,juris, abels and more bisons. More than you could ever want.

The bison keeps all his mashing to one button, cr lk. But if you have tight low blocks he won't know what to do. Except chip you to death.

Anyway, I hope you can come down to cork some time for some street fighter! (btw, there's really only sf and a small bit of marvel in cork)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭recnib

Hopefully guys :) Haha ill try to find a sure fire answer to Bison :P Maybe i'll play El Fuerte and confuse the f**k out of people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Welcome to the Irish fighting game community! Always good to have more additions, though I could probably be considered a subtraction with my marvelous attendance record for tournaments/casuals! I'm from Donegal and currently living in Donegal at the moment. I'm half Irish/half Egyptian and no, I don't ride camels instead of cars :pac:, and with that mix, I somehow got an American twang so yeah, I must've watched too much Sonic The Hedgehog and the original Ghostbusters cartoon. I live 5 miles out of speedy internet world so yeah, I can't really play online during normal hours, though I do try! My online gaming all happens late at night from around 11PM-12AM to around 4 or 5 AM though if my enthusiasm drives me, that can go up to 8 and 9 AM on some days! I get fast internet then (less contention) so online gaming during that time is virtually lagless and I'm not trying to be kind to my ISP, they're total w@nkers!

Anyway, welcome to the fighting game scene. Hope you have a good time getting to know people here and have a few good games and maybe, when santa goes past the moon and you get a double flawless victory and perform a fatality, you might see me at the casuals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Hey recnib. I think we have a few sessions online. Welcome etc. Don't bother with Cork :p. Save up and go to an inferno/doc. No disrespect intended to the cork lunatics, just sheer numbers game. There are more of us up round this way. Plus, alot of the Cork lads show up for inferDoc. Good way to get intro'd etc.

Welcome

Haha we have had some sessions man, you're a good Ryu :) Ill consider it some time ;) Haha i had an arcade stick but it broke so now i have to re-learn controller and then re-learn stick when i get another one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Westmeath here, right in the midlands, big culchy :pac:

About 50 miles from Dublin so not too bad like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Originally from Drogheda in Co. Louth (because somebody has to be, lol), but I've been living in Galway for a while now. I'm a Mortal Kombat player mainly. I loves me a bit of Street Fighter, but I don't really play at SF tournaments because I'm not good enough at it to rumble with the boys who main it. I'm happy enough just jamming on a casual level with a few of my mates.

I'll echo what's been said already though- get on down to a few tournaments. I usually show up at the DoCs, and I always have a monster time at them. Whether you win, lose, or fatality, they're alway great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

Kenya

/thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

sup recnib, Dublin here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'm in Galway.. for another month.

Haha he ladnopoka :D I know you're going to kick the living **** out of me but we still havent played yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

from Dublin originally but living in Drogheda for last 10 years

yea like others said you should try make it down to the infernos/docs etc,
    there great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Pakistan Myself..
    I remember seeing SF2 for the first time in my local arcade there...
    Magical stuff:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

recnib wrote: »

Hey man we just played on XBL. I'm from Limerick city and were hoping to have midweek casuals. Have u any transport?

Hey future :) Nice Dee Jay mate, and no i dont :P

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Waterford, were there is no virtually no scene, so it pays to add people here on XBL/PSN

Haha I know how you feel man

Advertisement