Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a freesat receiver

• 22-03-2012 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 53,755 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks im hoping ye can help me out

I want to get a freesat receiver for my mother who isnt the best technology wise so im hoping the freesat receiver ill get will be very easy to use

I also want a large internal hard drive 500gb sounds good. Budget wise im not made of money, remember :pac:

She has saorview and im wondering is it possible to get a freesat receiver that will except saorview and even record it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

Headshot wrote: »
    Hey folks im hoping ye can help me out

I want to get a freesat receiver for my mother who isnt the best technology wise so im hoping the freesat receiver ill get will be very easy to use

I also want a large internal hard drive 500gb sounds good. Budget wise im not made of money, remember :pac:

She has saorview and im wondering is it possible to get a freesat receiver that will except saorview and even record it ?
    Have a look at the humax receiver. Always gets good reviews. Also have optional integrated storage. No real freesat/saorview combo solution available unfortunately although with all new tvs now supporting saorview, it will become less of an issue as time progresses I feel, with the only requirement being a small antenna for the best part of the population. A true combo box would be still be a preference for most though.

A few posts below yours throws up this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056568796

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I own the Humax recorder but to be honest, after years of using Sky+, I didn't find it as user friendly.

But a good box all the same, not a single failed recording in 18 months of use, compared to maybe 1 per week with the Sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

See my post (6) here on the Echostar:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056568796

• Registered Users Posts: 53,755 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

CGI_3 wrote: »

Would I need 2 sat cables for that ? (ie like sky plus)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If you want to watch another channel while recording, you will need 2 cables.

If you have only one cable you should be able to record but not able to change over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

NIMAN wrote: »
    If you want to watch another channel while recording, you will need 2 cables.

If you have only one cable you should be able to record but not able to change over.

if you have a quad LNB on your dish, you could use a stacker/destacker to overcome the one cable issue...

http://youtu.be/kpgOjXHX7as

obviously, it's cheaper to just run the extra cable but in certain circumstances, the stacker/destacker can work out well for folks.

Advertisement