Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer jobz

• 06-04-2009 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

Alri all,

I need to find myself a job for the summer, I found this http://www.summerstudentsjobs.ie/info.html did any1 here ever work with these or do something similar, if you did is any gd?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

sean0 wrote: »
    Alri all,

I need to find myself a job for the summer, I found this http://www.summerstudentsjobs.ie/info.html did any1 here ever work with these or do something similar, if you did is any gd?

I've forgotten exactly what those jobs entail, but I've heard nothing but bad things about that particular site/organisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'd take whatever I could get this year summer jobwise lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

sean0 wrote: »
    Alri
    any1
    gd?

Please kill me before I smash my keyboard someone!

Teutorix wrote: »
    Please kill me before I smash my keyboard someone!

To be fair the rest of the post was perfectly readable, its wenitzwittenlikdisiswenitssTaRtStOgratealittle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Fad wrote: »
    To be fair the rest of the post was perfectly readable, its wenitzwittenlikdisiswenitssTaRtStOgratealittle.
    Yeah I suppose, but I just rage when I see stuff like that. I don't know why but it makes my blood boil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

That site does look fairly dodgy alright. Especially seeing as it doesn't even tell you what sort of jobs they are, just "fundraising", which smacks of "chugging" to me.

Piste wrote: »
    That site does look fairly dodgy alright. Especially seeing as it doesn't even tell you what sort of jobs they are, just "fundraising", which smacks of "chugging" to me.

I think that's what they are, You know the "Hanley Centre"? or something like that, the emo kids that sell scratch cards in town, I think that's them.

Or it could be another chugger agency, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

ha won't be going near them! cheers for the heads up Fad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Teutorix wrote: »
    Yeah I suppose, but I just rage when I see stuff like that. I don't know why but it makes my blood boil.
    jst r3lax..no point getn angri bouz t!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I think that's what they are, You know the "Hanley Centre"? or something like that, the emo kids that sell scratch cards in town, I think that's them.

Yup that's them, feckin' Hanley Centre, 2 of my mates worked with them last summer for a whole 3 hours and quit, basically just walked off the job.:D And I'll have you know my mates aren't emos,;) there was a time when nearly everyone of these "Hanley Centre" people were black.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ Walker Green Mafia

wer they the ones on o'connell street?

Yup that's them, feckin' Hanley Centre, 2 of my mates worked with them last summer for a whole 3 hours and quit, basically just walked off the job.:D And I'll have you know my mates aren't emos,;) there was a time when nearly everyone of these "Hanley Centre" people were black.

The only ones I ever encountered were White, Underfed and sad looking, telling they'd be in trouble if they didnt sell all the tickets.

Still told the to fúck off, (At one stage I actually did.....)
    wer they the ones on o'connell street?

Yeah or Grafton Street in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Piste wrote: »

Spotted a few spelling mistakes on it and all. Doesn't look like a professional set up at all.

Carrolls are looking for people, seen an ad on www.jobs.ie yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 room18

With all the lay-offs, it will be tough getting a summer job :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I got 3 weeks of work as an ardcinnire at an Irish college. Was hoping for 9 weeks.

Think I'll spend the rest of the summer pointing out people who pluralise words with "z" instead of "s" :pac:

Burn Beach Club, Bondi, D2, are all looking for promo staff to work weekends.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

what would that entail

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Standing on the streets of Dublin handing out flyers trying to get people to go to your club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Burn Beach Club, Bondi, D2, are all looking for promo staff to work weekends.;)
    Surely one would have to be over 18 to work that job?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭live2thewire

how do i apply

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Personally I'd be weary of anyone with 5 posts trying to get people on to the website.

I'll be working in my local Centra all summer. Well most of it. I've been working there for about 3 and a half years now, I'm part of the furniture. To be honest, I don't even need the money too bad. :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Personally I'd be weary of anyone with 5 posts trying to get people on to the website.

Attack the post, not the poster, etc...

Oh, and it's wary, not weary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

D4RK ONION wrote: »

If it was only 1 post then maybe I could possibly be a spammer but since I actually replied to what others where saying regarding my question, its just not likely.
    If I had 500 posts what difference would It make?

Anyhow lets get back on topic after his very controversial comment :rolleyes:

I think i'm sorted for a job during the summer now, I posted a picture of myself online and playgirl magazine got in contact asking me to be on the cover for the summer months :pac:

PS: But seriously its next to impossible finding a job, see the amount of people who where at the IKEA open days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

An File wrote: »
    I got 3 weeks of work as an ardcinnire at an Irish college. Was hoping for 9 weeks.

Me too! Was hoping for 6 weeks though... (after the LC)

Stupid government cut-backs...:(

An File wrote: »
    ardchinnire.

Christ, who was in charge of hiring?

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    ardchinnire.

Christ, who was in charge of hiring?

Do you have any hobbies besides pot and pedantry?

Trolling.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Can you feel the love tonight?

• Advertisement

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Surely one would have to be over 18 to work that job?

Yup, but I'd guess most people on here are 18.
    how do i apply

On their respective bebo pages.

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=8213807136
    BURN BEACH CLUB IS NOW EMPLOYING PROMO STAFF PLEASE CALL 0860569766 FOR MORE INFO
    http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=211726326
    If your looking for promotion work Email me a picture of you and tell me a bit about yourself. Excellent pay and hours

Bondi and D2 don't seem to be looking still.

Advertisement