Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen Berlingo wiper/washer problem

• 16-01-2009 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    As the title says im having problems with my citroen berlingo van.I have no wipers and the washer does not work.Now i have taken off the cowels from around the steering wheel and when i disconect the grey plug from the back of the switch unit the wiper will work on its own.I guess im trying to narrow down the search for the problem.Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Redriddick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Redriddick wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    As the title says im having problems with my citroen berlingo van.I have no wipers and the washer does not work.Now i have taken off the cowels from around the steering wheel and when i disconect the grey plug from the back of the switch unit the wiper will work on its own.I guess im trying to narrow down the search for the problem.Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Redriddick

an auto electrician is your best bet here Red, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hi guys,
    Thanks
    Redriddick

You did what:eek:, try the easier option first and check the fuses. Do you hear anything from the wiper motor when its engaged?

Hal1 wrote: »
    You did what:eek:, try the easier option first and check the fuses. Do you hear anything from the wiper motor when its engaged?

+1. i assumed you checked the fuses yeah op?
    if you did, and they are ok, then before you go ripping anymore stuff etc apart, talk to an auto electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

+1. i assumed you checked the fuses yeah op?
    if you did, and they are ok, then before you go ripping anymore stuff etc apart, talk to an auto electrician.

Hi guys,
    Thanks for the replies.I have checked all fuses and all are ok.I know that the comm2000 units i.e the indicator and wiper/washer stalks are notorius for giving bother on citroen and peugeot so i think i may have to ring a citroen garage to get advice.Thanks again guys and other ideas welcome.

Regards Redriddick

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd also be inclined to suspect the comm2000. As you say, it's a common enough fault.

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote: »
    I'd also be inclined to suspect the comm2000. As you say, it's a common enough fault.

Thanks crosstown i read somewhere about a comm2000 reset but cant seem to find it.Hate to get one and then realise that its the bsi unit:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Thanks crosstown i read somewhere about a comm2000 reset but cant seem to find it.Hate to get one and then realise that its the bsi unit:(

The link below may help.....

http://www.citroenpicasso.org.uk/picasso/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=14716

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

Hi guys,
    Thanks for the replies.I have checked all fuses and all are ok.I know that the comm2000 units i.e the indicator and wiper/washer stalks are notorius for giving bother on citroen and peugeot so i think i may have to ring a citroen garage to get advice.Thanks again guys and other ideas welcome.

Regards Redriddick

Replaced one on a Partner recently. Main dealer 250 euro plus vat. Ordered a s/h one from BridgeVan in Co Derry at 11.30am and had it at 8.30am the next morning. 60 stg +vat for the part, 20 stg for the delivery.

If you do need to get one be careful because there are different ones and not interchangable, eg does your van have rear wipers ?

lifer_sean wrote: »
    Replaced one on a Partner recently. Main dealer 250 euro plus vat. Ordered a s/h one from BridgeVan in Co Derry at 11.30am and had it at 8.30am the next morning. 60 stg +vat for the part, 20 stg for the delivery.

If you do need to get one be careful because there are different ones and not interchangable, eg does your van have rear wipers ?

Hi guys,

Glad to report back that i did the comm reset and low and behold everything working again.Just think as lifer sean said i could have forked out 250 euro or 80 pound sterling for it.Again boards and its members come to the rescue.Thanks very much guys.:):):):cool:

As Hannibal always said, i love it when a plan.........................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 v33jmc

lifer_sean wrote: »

hi just seen ur reply am ,from co.derry,i have a problem with my wipers ther not turnin off right they keep goin at intervals,wonder if u can help?thanks james

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭kincaid

i got a problem with my 03 berlingo too, wipers will not work at all, dash clock works for a while on starting then everything disappears completely of it no symbols, speedo etc, headlights work and then do not...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Row

kincaid wrote: »
    i got a problem with my 03 berlingo too, wipers will not work at all, dash clock works for a while on starting then everything disappears completely of it no symbols, speedo etc, headlights work and then do not...

Like above it sounds like a faulty coms 2000 unit or theres a problem with the bsi which controls wipers..lights..etc.

If the water drain points block up in and around the bulkhead water can build
    up and run down the inside and inturn into the bsi unit....maybe worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 supa_stench

I have the opposite problem with my citroen berlingo. My wipers seem to be stuck in intermittent mode even though the stalk thing is in the off position.

I'm driving around praying for rain........

If I replace this comms 2000 box will it solve my problem?

Also the radio has a mind of it's own, it turns itself on and off whenever it likes even if the engine is turned off! Will a new comms box fix this too???

Thanks in advance,

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭kincaid

hi, i tried the above method this morning but now the van wont start, was driving perfect before i done this... what has happened??:(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 spencer024

My wipers stopped working after i stopped my Berling the other evening to grab a paper at local shop on way to work, they were working fine before i stopped.
    Had a bit of a panic attack when I checked all fuses and they were ok, also disconnected the battery for 10 mins to see would it do anything for it to no avail.
    The day after i took the covers off from around the steering rack and followed the intructions in earlier link to reset the control unit and 'Bingo'!!
    They are working fine now so this is to say Thanks to all for the very usefull info posted!!

Spencer:D

Glad ya got it sorted mate!!!:D:D:D

Advertisement