Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

A dancing runner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

05-04-11

Aim: 4m
    Completed: 4.03m
    Time: 36:47
    Pace: 9.07 m/m

MTY: 82.95

Went for a flatish (well flatter than last few runs) route tonight. A killer of a hill about 1mile in (which is a brilliant hill about 1m from home) after that a few gradual inclines and declines. Was aiming to keep it around the 9 minute miles considering my hilly routes were about 10min miles.

Was very happy with 9:07 average as I stopped to give directions (the joys of being on a country route with nobody else in sight) and also a quick chat on way home.

Enjoying getting the runs in again. Just got to keep the routine going.

12-04-11

Aim: 5m
    Completed: 5.2m
    Time: 50:00
    Pace: 9.36 m/m

MTY: 88.15

Life is too busy at the moment. Finding it really hard to get runs in with work and study. Gonna have to try early morning routine from now on I think.

On the plus side. I found todays run nice. Alot of hills again, so I was ver happy with the pace.

14-04-11

Aim: 3m
    Completed: 3.0m
    Time: 26:51
    Pace: 8.57 m/m

MTY: 91.15

As mentioned in my last post I am quiet busy these days with work and studying for two seperate body of exams. So I decided to try my legs early in the morning. I broke myself in gently this morning with a 3m. Aim was to keep below 9min mile and just managed that.

I must try keep the early morning runs going. Feel good after it and set for the day.

17-04-11

Aim: 7m
    Completed: 7.5m
    Time: 1:09:50
    Pace: 9.17 m/m

MTY: 98.65

Did not feel like a run this morning so I turned of the alarm about 6 times. Eventually I pushed myself out of the bed and said I would just do 3 miles to get some mileage done.

Once I stepped outside the door it was a different attitude tho. Beautiful morning with a very slight breeze. I eventually said I would do 7 miles. The iphone lost coverage so I ended up doing an extra .5 of a mile but if I didnt have to go to mass I would have happily continued for another few miles. Was hoping for pace around 10 min/mile but came in well under that and felt really good finishing.

Only down side is a blister came due to a sliding sock. Not too bad and should be rid of it in a day or two.

Tomorrow is the day of my first Half Marathon. Training went well up until about 2 weeks ago. I have been dancing 12 of the last 14 evenings. Today is a rest day tho. No running and no dancing.

Plenty of water and a good dinner. Anybody got any tips for what to do in the morning. Normal routine and plenty of water?

• Advertisement

The day came and went.A disaster.

Struggled over in about 2:20 (was hoping for 2:10).Heat got me at about 9/10miles and it was downhill from there.Took forever to finish.Did first 6m in 53min and a disaster after that.Still happy with my first half tho.

Nursing two massive blisters but on a high that I can say I ran 13.1miles!!!woop

Aim:13.1miles
    Completed: 13.1miles
    Time:2:20(ish)

MTD: 111.75

It's the day after and as disappointed and all as I was yesterday I cannot wait till next week to get back out running.

It has really shown me how important mileage mileage mileage is!! I am going to do one or two 10ks over the next 2 months.Main aim is One the end of June.

After that I will do some more half marthons.Was thinking of Dublin in October but my disappointment with my time makes me want to be full sure I will do a good full,so I think I will stick with the lower mileage ones until I have a solid routine going.

Muscles are tender rather than stiff today which is ok. Hopefully be good by wed/thur.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Well done on yesterday.

Nursing a blister myself, burst mid race. Nice!

Might you consider the 3 dublin series and then the full in October? Perfect build up. 5 mile injuly, 10mile aug, half sept and then the full. That way you can do a good half and full! Win.

Ya, I will certainly take that into consideration. I will give myself the week to recover and will make a plan of action from there on in. It is still 25+ weeks to Dublin which is a lot of training.

It is possibly doable..

Quick update to keep me in touch with the log. I have been in Derry for last few days doing dance exams (Wise choice to do my first half marathon 3 days before dance exams). Legs eased up on Wednesday in perfect timing for the dancing to begin. I have all the hard dancing done now and only have teaching to do tomorrow, but my legs are dead..They did not get enough time to recover fully.

Looking forward to getting out for some short miles the next week. May start with 2 miles Sunday morning just to get them working again. Focus is then on for 10k the last week in June.

• Advertisement

Life is a nuisance for getting in the way of running. I have nothing done since the 1/2 Marathon in Limerick. I'v just been so busy with dancing and catching up on having a social life after exams.

From tomorrow morning on I will be getting up early to do my short runs. 3 miles should take no more than 25minutes so only need to get up 30ish minutes earlier. Sounds easy!

Must sign up for a race, I think I need the motivation at the moment.Iv been putting off signing up due to being busy but if its what will get me running in the mean time I may as well do it.

Clare 10k June 25th. Thats the Goal.

I have a good enough base from the 1/2 marathon 2 weeks ago so I will follow Hals intermediate 10k plan from middle of week 3. That means a 3mile run tomorrow.

Not been out much the last few weeks.

24-05-2011

Completed: 3m
    Time: no watch
    Pace: no pace

MTY: 114.75

26-05-2011

Aim: 2m
    Completed: 2m

MTY: 116.75

Starting to get back to it now this week, after planning on doing it for ages. I am company for the girlfriend on a couch to 5k attempt so that will take my running time but its only or a few weeks and its company while being out and about and hopefully it will lead to her being able to accompany me on my runs (they do get lonely).

Plan for the week:
    Mon 30th: 2m (along with dance teaching)
    Tue 31st: 3m
    Wed 1st: 2m (Along with Hurling Training)
    Thur 2nd: 4m
    Fri 3rd : Rest
    Sat 4th: 3m
    Sun 5th: 6m

Not been out much the last few weeks.

Plan for the week:
    Mon 30th: 2m (along with dance teaching)
    Tue 31st: 3m

30-05-2011

Aim: 2m (Couch to 5k programme with gf)

MTY: 118.75

31-05-2011

Completed: 3.33m (2m with gf on c25k and then 1.33 miles home (while she drove).
    Pace: 1.33m @8:04m/m

MTY: 122.08

Plan for the week:
    Wed 1st: 2m
    Thur 2nd: 4m
    Fri 3rd : Rest

01-06-2011

Aim: 2m

MTY: 124.08

02-06-2011

Completed: 3.36m (2.16m with gf on C25K, then 1.2m home)
    Pace: 1.2m @ 8:01m/m

MTY: 127.44

The weekend runs could be hit due to gigs saturday and sunday night, but will try my best to get something in!

13-06-2011

Completed: 3m
    Time: 29:11
    Pace: 9:44

MTY: 130.44

Slow, hilly run this eve, just glad to have time to get out.

21-06-2011

Completed: 4.01m
    Time: 42:39
    Pace: 10:38

MTY: 134.45

A nice handy .5 mile walk to start with and then 3.5 miles of hills and spills at roughly 9:30 pace. Felt easy and was happy with it. Dont think I will be doing the 10k this weekend tho.Just not done enough for it.

23-06-2011

Completed: 3.61m
    Time: 34:06
    Pace: 9:27

MTY: 138.06

Steady run with a few hills. I have a possible 10k tomorrow (Entered but not sure I will do it as golf competition within an hour after it) and then hurling game Sunday eve so I will probably get no run in the weekend.

Back at it Monday!

No run the weekend due to the golf Saturday, and the match sunday. Both which were good excercise in their own way. 5 miles walk around the golf course and a solid game of under pressure corner back hurling!

Monday eve then we had training again. They felt our fitness lacked so plenty of running and feeling the effects of that now today with some stiffness so its going to be a strech evening.

Plan for the rest of the week.

Wed 29th : 4.5m
    Thur 30th: 3m/Hurling training
    Fri 1st: Bell X1 in Cork so no run
    Sat 2nd: In cork and hopefully to Galway for Clare v Galway so no run likely there either
    Sun 3rd : 6m

03-07-2011
    Aim: 6m
    Completed: 5.59m
    Time: 57:14
    Pace: 10:13

MTY: 143.65

Early week running did not happen due to popping a bone out in my foot on Tuesday. It was quiet tender this morning but I was set on getting out for a run. My mother wanted a run too and usually does a 9k route so I said I would join her and see how I got on. No pain and the pace was perfect I think as I didnt really put pressure on it.

Very hot run tho, wide open to the sun and loved the return 4.5k as a lovely breeze into the face.

Hopefully get one or two more in now before a trip to Spain on Thursday.

04-07-2011
    Completed: 4.11m
    Time: 41:08
    Pace: 10:00

MTY: 147.76

Today was a planned rest day after yesterdays first longish run in an age, but with a holiday in Santa Ponsa from Thursday to Monday, I took advantage of the sunny weather (cough) and went for a run. The sunny weather lasted all of 0.5 miles when rain started, followed by a serious head wind. Happy to have the miles done.

• Advertisement

14-07-2011
    Completed: 4.05m
    Time: 40:09
    Pace: 9:54

MTY: 151.81

20-07-2011

Completed: 3.12m
    Time: 29:35
    Pace: 9:29

MTY: 154.93

Usual route, up the golf course and hills. Legs were heavy after hurling training the night before and took awhile to get going. Quite heavy again this morning but hopefully I will have the time for a run this evening.

21-7-11

Aim: 5.00 miles
    Completed: 5.08miles
    Time: 46:22
    Pace: 9:05min/mile

MTY: 160.01

I had a crazy headache at work for most of the day. I came home and took some panadol and a glass of water and headed out the door. After half a mile no headache and only clear roads in sight.

I sucked it up and ran throught the village and onto the realitively flat course. 5miles never seemed so nice. I really enjoyed it. I probably could have kept going but I have a sneaky feeling the panadol was hiding any pain in my system.

The 2.5mile return leg had a lovely fresh breeze into my red warm face.

Almost at the stage where anything under 5 is enjoyable. Hopefully it stays that way.

26-7-11

Aim: 3.00 miles
    Completed: 3.04miles
    Time: 32:41
    Pace: 10:45 min/mile

MTY: 163.05

Miserable run. Worst yet I think. But it was planned mileage and it was done.

28-7-11

Completed: 3.00 miles
    Time: 29:03
    Pace: 9:40 min/mile

MTY: 166.05

A bit better than previous run. Legs were slightly heavy after a tough training session last night but was happy it improved a bit.

29-7-11

Aim: 6.00 miles
    Completed: 6.00 miles
    Time: 59:00
    Pace: 9:50 min/mile

MTY: 172.05

First long run of half marathon schedule took place at 7:15am before roughly 7 hours of taxation study. Good way to clear the head and be fresh. Found it ok, considering how much I struggled with the 3miles previously. Hopefully get 3 miles in tomorrow and then Sunday will be a rest day as I will be down at the Irish open!

1-8-11

Completed: 3.05 miles
    Time: 28:55
    Pace: 9:28 min/mile

MTY: 175.10

Not a bad run, bit warm out but getting there.

2-8-11

Aim: 4.00 miles
    Completed: 4.03 miles
    Time: 40:00
    Pace: 9:55 min/mile

MTY: 179.13

After a somewhat enjoyable run yesterday evening, this mornings was a disaster. I started on a short trail thinking the softer ground would be nice on the legs but after two loops of 1 mile each I was bored and took back off on the gravel path around the golf course. Glad to have the mileage done tho. Off now for a few hours of study, fresh and awake.

3-8-11

Completed: 3.00 miles
    Time: 29:22
    Pace: 9:47 min/mile

MTY: 182.13

Took it easy this morning. Hurling training this evening.

• Advertisement

7-8-11

Aim: 7.00 miles
    Completed: 7.04 miles
    Time: 1:08:37
    Pace: 9:44 min/mile

MTY: 1892.17

1st mile was tough, took over 12miniutes (a little bit of walking), but once I got over the first mile the next 6 were very comfortable. Was very happy after this run.

Advertisement