Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor PAYG internet addon 30day €4.99

• 04-03-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Came across this in CPW brochure and just found it on line.
    Looks like the cheapest PAYG route to low use monthly mobile internet.
    500Mb/30day PAYG internet add-on for €4.99
    1Gb/30day 9.99

And first 30 days free.

Apparently wont work for nonphone 3g tablets (ipad, galaxy tab10.1) but should for phone tablets and smartphones. Presume therefore wont work for mifis.
    Havent tried it yet so cant confirm anything other than whats said online. Dont currently have meteor but might do just for this.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You just can't beat 3's offer though

Pay as you go, 20 a month gets you 15GB data, free any network texts, free 3 to 3 calls, free any network call on weekends. Doesn't get much better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

I heard that, brah. :p
    Plus outside that deal you get 500mb for €4.99 anyway. Plenty of space for those lonely times watching YouTube vids on the bus. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Pay as you go, 20 a month gets you 15GB data, free any network texts, free 3 to 3 calls, free any network call on weekends. Doesn't get much better imo.
    Pretty good, if everyone has 3 and coverage.
    Free forever any time O2 to O2 calls and texts is pretty good too:)

I see three do a €4.99 500Mb add on too (not sure its independent of other topups). The more the merrier. Come on O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I've been on a meteor payg package since September called Internet Plus, free calls and texts to meteor, 1gb data per day, costs me €20 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I've been on a meteor payg package since September called Internet Plus, free calls and texts to meteor, 1gb data per day, costs me €20 :)

1gig per month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Could you put that SIM into a dongle and use the data that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

Yes, the 3 deal sounds pretty good but I was on it for a couple of months and the internet was useless to me because I couldn't get 3G coverage.

I've never had the same issues with Meteor although if you do need to contact their customer care these days it can be a nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

hi there guys... im over with 3 from meteor .. its way better,.
    my question is this .. ive a sony ericson x8 phone .. can i use this phone to get on to the net on my laptop and watch football streams ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 user45

This offer says that it's €30 when you check it up on the meteor website? :(
    http://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/

irishjay wrote: »
    hi there guys... im over with 3 from meteor .. its way better,.
    my question is this .. ive a sony ericson x8 phone .. can i use this phone to get on to the net on my laptop and watch football streams ?
    Looks like it is not native but there are third party apps to tether your phone modem.
    Look up Tethering, there is pdanet, easytether both trialware I think.
    You may need to root phone to use some of the free ones, Barnacle, Appbrain Tethering, etc. Havent an x8 so dont know which work best, they all have mixed reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

20 quid doesn't get you that, that offer ended. You get 50mb a day, and if you spend 30 a month you get 1GB a MONTH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

wil wrote: »
    Apparently wont work for nonphone 3g tablets (ipad, galaxy tab10.1) but should for phone tablets and smartphones. Presume therefore wont work for mifis.
    why is that? anyone can confirm this?

20 quid doesn't get you that, that offer ended. You get 50mb a day, and if you spend 30 a month you get 1GB a MONTH.

I get "Internet Plus" which defo gives me free calls and texts to meteor and i think 1gb data per month for €20, i only topped up again a few days ago and i am defo on a plan called "Internet Plus"
    I also got a €5 bonus credit about a week ago, dunno why :D

user45 wrote: »
    This offer says that it's €30 when you check it up on the meteor website? :(
    http://www.meteor.ie/pay-as-you-go/

In September i think i got a text off meteor saying i'd have to top of by €30 to keep receiving it, but i think i might have got a text about extending it or something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I'm on 200 mins, 200 texts, unlimited meteor to meteor calls and texts and1gb data (for the month, which carries over to the next if you don't use it). €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭ozmo

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    why is that? anyone can confirm this?

yes - also interested in knowing if its possible to use a cheap data plan sim in an IPad 3G.

IPad sims are about 20 euros a month - so this would be quarter price. cap not an issue - even 500mb a month would be perfect.

Surely it cannot know? IPads are internally same as an IPhone.

Would you would need to keep some call credit on it though as well - to keep the sim alive - even though you will never use it I wonder?

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I get unlimited calls and txts to any network and 2GB data a month with 48 for €18 a month best deal around.:)

ozmo wrote: »
    yes - also interested in knowing if its possible to use a cheap data plan sim in an IPad 3G.

IPad sims are about 20 euros a month - so this would be quarter price. cap not an issue - even 500mb a month would be perfect.

Would you would need to keep some call credit on it though as well - to keep the sim alive - even though you will never use it I wonder?

I use a 3 microsim in the iPad works a treat on the €20 a month plan. Just need to top up each month to get AYCED.

Daniel S wrote: »
    I'm on 200 mins, 200 texts, unlimited meteor to meteor calls and texts and1gb data (for the month, which carries over to the next if you don't use it). €15.
    For the extra 5er I get 15GB...and using my phone as a wireless hotspot means free internet on my table too:D. Depends on your needs I suppose, but 1GB just isn't enough for me.
    luzon wrote: »
    I get unlimited calls and txts to any network and 2GB data a month with 48 for €18 a month best deal around.:)

What kind of contract is that though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

luzon wrote: »

That a very misleading statement. The data offer with 48 ends at the end of April 2012.

From May 1 2012, 48 will charge a whooping 1 EUR per hour for internet.

• Advertisement

Fungus wrote: »
    That a very misleading statement. The data offer with 48 ends at the end of April 2012.

From May 1 2012, 48 will charge a whooping 1 EUR per hour for internet.

Not really as thats what i'm getting now. Can't really comment on the internet time pricing will have to wait to see how that works out.

For the extra 5er I get 15GB...and using my phone as a wireless hotspot means free internet on my table too:D. Depends on your needs I suppose, but 1GB just isn't enough for me.

What kind of contract is that though?

No contract just like PAYG just buy a membership every month.

http://www.48months.ie/index/deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Daniel S wrote: »

are you sure it carries over?and is it just the data that carries over?do the texts and minutes carry over?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

crazygeryy wrote: »
    are you sure it carries over?and is it just the data that carries over?do the texts and minutes carry over?
    Checked balance this morning, 1024.3mb remaining. texts and calls don't.

ozmo wrote: »

I cant confirm this is definitely the case, just what I was told in Meteor.
    A 3g data sim is apparently recognised as different to a phone sim by the Meteor network even though everything is internally same. Perhaps there may be a s/w or firmware way around this to make the tab appear to Meteor as a phone.

wil wrote: »
    I cant confirm this is definitely the case, just what I was told in Meteor.
    A 3g data sim is apparently recognised as different to a phone sim by the Meteor network even though everything is internally same. Perhaps there may be a s/w or firmware way around this to make the tab appear to Meteor as a phone.

There sure is, just change your browsers user agent. Sorted.

Advertisement