Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volume control on sky remote

• 04-12-2007 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to set up the volume adjust on the sky remote control. I was using two remotes all along, the sky one for changing channels and the tv remote for adjusting the volume. My son got hold of the tv remote last week and now some of the buttons are broken!!

Cheers.
    Ted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

there isnt actually anything to setup! my sky remote actually just works on my tv from the day i got it. The only thing i could thing is if you try press the "tv" button on the remote then try the volume. Other than that i just dont think your sky remote will work on ur tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

There is also a service on Sky Interactive to help you pair up their remote with any make of tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

goodlad wrote: »
    there isnt actually anything to setup! my sky remote actually just works on my tv from the day i got it. The only thing i could thing is if you try press the "tv" button on the remote then try the volume. Other than that i just dont think your sky remote will work on ur tv

You really should not post unless you are sure what you are talking about.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to set up the volume adjust on the sky remote control. I was using two remotes all along, the sky one for changing channels and the tv remote for adjusting the volume. My son got hold of the tv remote last week and now some of the buttons are broken!!

Cheers.
    Ted.
    1- Press TV
    2- Press and Hold "Select" and "Red" until the light flashes twice.
    3- Press and alternate between "TV" and "Power" until the TV turns off
    4- When it does turn off, press "Select" and your settings will be saved
    5- Press the "Power" or "Channel up or down" button to turn your TV on.

• Advertisement

auggie2k wrote: »
    1- Press TV
    2- Press and Hold "Select" and "Red" until the light flashes twice.
    3- Press and alternate between "TV" and "Power" until the TV turns off
    4- When it does turn off, press "Select" and your settings will be saved
    5- Press the "Power" or "Channel up or down" button to turn your TV on.

That method might take a while, I thing the Op is better off with the interactive option as suggested which should give the correct code for his/her particular tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭outsidethe65

Hi all,

Used the interactive option and it worked perfectly. Thanks for all your input. Much appreciated.

Ted.

Glad it worked out for you Ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jimmy butler

Tony wrote: »
    That method might take a while, I thing the Op is better off with the interactive option as suggested which should give the correct code for his/her particular tv.
    sum man tony

Advertisement