Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite crap film? [** NO LISTING **]

• 10-02-2012 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭

Mine has to be Con Air. Its so bad, its good. When i see it on the telly i have to watch it. Must have seen it about 7 times now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

5151REGHJGL.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

One thing - Con Air is NOT a crap film. It might be over the top and ridiculous, but it's an action movie ffs and it's entertaining as hell.

Really p!sses me off when people go on about movies like Con Air, being crap.

A crap movie would be something like 'Gigli' or Scary Movie 27.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

MJ23 wrote: »
    Mine has to be Con Air. Its so bad, its good. When i see it on the telly i have to watch it. Must have seen it about 7 times now.

Good call, thought of Con Air when I read the title. Any time I see it in the listings I laugh "Con Air, what a pile of crap" and end up watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I have loads of these, unfortunately!

:o

4865-freddyfinger2.jpg

judge-dredd-movie-poster-sylvester-stallone.jpg

Also this may be classes as a "list" thread. <cof>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Weekend at Bernie's

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Good call, thought of Con Air when I read the title. Any time I see it in the listings I laugh "Con Air, what a pile of crap" and end up watching it.

By that definition, YOU think it's good even though, critically, it may not be. So where do you draw the line with that?

You could end up saying this about most films - ''load of rubbish, but I like it''. Makes no sense to me. :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Weekend at Bernies II

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

American Pie: Beta House
    I know its crap yet I find it hilarious!

Also Con Air is a masterpiece, with a great cast, a great soundtrack, a good plot line and filled with cracking stunts. I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Face Off:

It has a decent cast but the storyline is ridiculous. Having said that, it's bloody good fun. Would definitely be in my top 10 action films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Bad Panda wrote: »
    One thing - Con Air is NOT a crap film. It might be over the top and ridiculous, but it's an action movie ffs and it's entertaining as hell.

Really p!sses me off when people go on about movies like Con Air, being crap.

A crap movie would be something like 'Gigli' or Scary Movie 27.

imo Con Air was crap

and not entertaining in the slightest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

CommandoPoster-300x300.jpg

from such a cheap plot, to bad acting, cliches galore and one of the biggest movie miss - match fight's in cinema history.

but i love it and think although crap its a masterpiece

• Registered Users Posts: 34 blueruin

Weekend at Bernie's is genius!
    My guilty pleasure is 'made in america'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Chuck Norris movies during the 80's were crap like The Delta Force & Invasion USA.

Crap, but funny, entertaining crap all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Psychobabble

Biggles: Adventures in Time - So bad it's good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Bad Panda wrote: »
    By that definition, YOU think it's good even though, critically, it may not be. So where do you draw the line with that?

You could end up saying this about most films - ''load of rubbish, but I like it''. Makes no sense to me. :o

No. I think it's crap. But I enjoy watching it. Makes perfect sense :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Has to be 'Showgirls'. It's terrible, but also just so, so good. Some of the dialogue is just some of the funniest sh*t I've ever heard, not to mention what has to be one of the most ridiculously manic sex scenes of all time. I actually think it's one of my favourite films. Great movie to get drunk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's The Room and it's not even close. So bad that it becomes hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

ricero wrote: »

from such a cheap plot, to bad acting, cliches galore and one of the biggest movie miss - match fight's in cinema history.

+1 on this. Some of the best 'worst' quotes ever in this film. It's so bad it's brilliant. How he manages to avoid getting shot by over a 100 men yet killing them all is only ridiculous. Think i might watch this now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Dude wheres my car

Its shoite but i love it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Eurotrip, its awful but its entertaining, Harold And Kumar as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Stealth

An evil plane and Jessica Biel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

National Treasure - Its not exactly a masterpiece, but I found it thoroughly entertaining, and seemed to be made solely to cash in on the da vinci code love in.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Giruilla wrote: »
    National Treasure - Its not exactly a masterpiece, but I found it thoroughly entertaining, and seemed to be made solely to cash in on the da vinci code love in.
    havent seen the second one but the first was harmless fun, and its better than the last Indy movie, never thought I'd see myself typing that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

i think posters are confusing crap film with dumb movie , con air is a wonderfull dumb movie as is commando

a crap film i like is alien v predator

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

mr.jingle wrote: »
    +1 on this. Some of the best 'worst' quotes ever in this film. It's so bad it's brilliant. How he manages to avoid getting shot by over a 100 men yet killing them all is only ridiculous. Think i might watch this now:D

This film contains my favourite come back line of all time (for the exact reason this thread was created, it's so bad it's genius).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The Phantom menace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Con Air is a definate one, sheer genius, it transcends its crappiness, its a work of the sublime. Ditto for Your Highness, Face Off (visual art in motion with the doves, the slow-mo, the golden guns, the superb performances from Cage and Travolta). Road Trip is one of the defining films of my life, I saw it on TV just before I went to college, for me its the definitive college/road trip film, Tom Green is legendary in it. Strangely enough I think these are films which would initially be perceived as crap but are anything but upon closer inspection, they simply eschew the conventions people expect from sensibly great films, but that doesn't make them crap, oh no! You see they take the elements outside of these conventions and weave them together into beautiful tapestries of filmic production and they're unforgettable because of it. Its why film like Evil Dead will forever be a great film in my mind it has more imagination, charm and fun than a film made to be considered a worthy piece of art but which lacks soul, and I applaud filmmakers who have the daring to go against what the mainstream expects. A genuinely crap film which is great is Hercules in New York, I really want to watch this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Independence Day, it's complete cheese from start to finish with some shocking acting (mainly Bill Pullman) but I will watch it every night of the week if it is on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

ricero wrote: »

"You're a funny guy, Sully. I'll kill you last!"

Quote is not exact, but close. I saw this in the cinema years ago. Loved it. But it really is very, very bad indeed. And why does h keep calling his daughter "Chenny"? The name is "Jenny"!

Advertisement