Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lithium batteries

• 16-02-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Howdy folks,

Can someone tell me if they know a courier company that will transfer a product that contains a lithium battery. Im trying to get an internet tablet sent to a company in england for repair but I cant seem to find a company that will carry a product with a battery in it.

Taking the battery out of the product will void the warrente. Most places like UPS, DHL, nightline and An Post will only carry them seperate.

Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 ninja mike

dont tell them that the battery is still fitted and make sure its packaged up well

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

ninja mike wrote: »
    dont tell them that the battery is still fitted and make sure its packaged up well

Hello Ninja mike. I hope that the next time you take a flight there is a nice large undeclared shipment of lithium batteries on board. You obviously have absolutely no clue what you're talking about and are totally oblivious to the fact that lithium batteries have been the cause of a number planes crashing.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SHIP UNDECLARED HAZARDOUS MATERIALS !!!!!!

Cheers,
    Rudolf 289

Hello Dace11,

In response to your thread, I would recommend to contact DPD, Target Express or GLS. These are road based parcel services and for road freight the requirements are less stringent. I still would tell them you are including a lithium battery.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Karma

RUDOLF289 wrote: »
    Hello Dace11,

In response to your thread, I would recommend to contact DPD, Target Express or GLS. These are road based parcel services and for road freight the requirements are less stringent. I still would tell them you are including a lithium battery.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

can you run the battery down first? how do laptops get shipped???

Hello Karma,

Laptops get shipped - to end customers - with lithium batteries included. However, they are properly packed and properly declared in accordance with IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Advertisement

Hello Karma,

Forgot to include ;

obviously the IATA dangerous goods regulations apply if shipments move by air. Because there are less stringent regulations applicable for road transportation, most lap tops that are distributed throughout europe tend to be delivered by road.

Regards,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement