Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Ordered 510 at last. Can't wait:). Also I ordered 5 different juices off enjuice. Black cherry, apple, coffee, mountain mist(or smth like that) and apple pie with custard. Have you guys tried these juices? Are they good? I'm really looking forward to try apple pie with custard as I love it....to eat, but I just can't imagine how I can....smoke that taste:) really confused

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Ordered 510 at last. Can't wait:). Also I ordered 5 different juices off enjuice. Black cherry, apple, coffee, mountain mist(or smth like that) and apple pie with custard. Have you guys tried these juices? Are they good? I'm really looking forward to try apple pie with custard as I love it....to eat, but I just can't imagine how I can....smoke that taste:) really confused

ENjuice have some good stuff. I have a 30ml bottle of their Caramel Apple Pie which I actually vape after I eat something!!! The smell of it is gorgeous as is the taste but not for an all-day vape. For that I use my own RY4 concoction and the Titan tobacco flavoured stuff from Totally Wicked. Pity Totally Wicked's postage charges are ridiculous or I'd buy more often from them.

what is that ry4 taste like? Have heard millions of positive things about it and want to try myself:)

I suppose it's a kind of tobacco/caramel mix but it just has a flavour all of its own. Pick up a 5ml sample bottle from thevapourstore.ie and see what you think.

i can only see there 20 ml, if you could give me a link to 5 ml id love to try it out:)

• Advertisement

i can only see there 20 ml, if you could give me a link to 5 ml id love to try it out:)

She's out of the 5ml samples at the moment. PM me your address and I'll send you out a bottle. It's Christmas ;)

One more question tho. are PCC units the same for Joye 510 and eGo? If not, where can i find it for eGo?
    And has anybody ordered from this site?: www.electronic-cigarette.ie
    Is it genuine stuff they have there? It's seems to be cheaper than all the rest of them...

O'Prez nice one;) Sending a PM:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 alpes

Hi everybody :), i just let you know the Ecirette 510 electronic cigarette will be introduced in Londis stores in Dublin in the end of the year for only 19.99 Euro with a good quality lithiumion battery.

are they going to sell juice as well?
    Also are the parts on Ecorette 510 interchangeable with Joye 510? As i see the price of them now only 12 euro, it could be some great savings for people...
    And what about their quality? Has someone tried them yet? Any good? Can you compare them to Joye 510?
    Sorry, too many questions, i know...:)

• Advertisement

I have one more question to you, lads. The Joye 510 i've ordered will go to my friend as a present. So I need to order a new one for myself. And that's where i need your advice:) What would you recommend for a first time user? Would it be 510? Or eGo? or something else? There are so many brands i.e. Titan, Riva etc. and it's sooo easy to get lost:) I would like to get something suitable for a long run, with a good vapor and throat hit and a good battery life, also something that has loads of accessories available. So what would be your advice? I'd really appreciate your help;)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

Jasper and Jasper e-cigarette is the one available in McCabes Pharmacy. Has anyone an opinion on these?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

I have one more question to you, lads. The Joye 510 i've ordered will go to my friend as a present. So I need to order a new one for myself. And that's where i need your advice:) What would you recommend for a first time user? Would it be 510? Or eGo? or something else? There are so many brands i.e. Titan, Riva etc. and it's sooo easy to get lost:) I would like to get something suitable for a long run, with a good vapor and throat hit and a good battery life, also something that has loads of accessories available. So what would be your advice? I'd really appreciate your help;)

eGo/Tornado/Riva are essentially the same thing just a big battery and the main advantage of them is the length of time you will get from a charged one, much longer than with regular Titan or other brand 510 battery. You can fit a regular 510 atomiser on any and you can also fit them with the mega atomisers or cartomisers.

I have the regular eGo 650mah battery and it easily lasts a day in work. You can get larger ones up to 1000mah which will last even longer.

Not jet available the e-liquid in Londis stores, just the starter kit and pre-filled cartridges in tobacco flavor with 12mg and 18mg nicotine strengths.The 12mg nicotine is similar to light cigarettes and the 18mg is similar to regular cigarettes. The Ecirette 510 electronic cigarette is a Joye 510 e-cigarette under different brand name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dublinannie

When I have my first two cigs of the day, i feel like I'm about to fall asleep, feel woozy and I'm not fully "with it", I want to give up smoking and get the e-cig as I have tried the other methods over the years.
    What I want to know is, do you get that horrible dizzy feeling using e-cigs? also, if any of you have given up completely without any subsitutes, does the e-cig stop the feeling of "spaced out" on the first few days of no smoking. the last time I gave up for a few days, I had to come home shortly after going out, again it was kind of a lightheaded feeling, it does pass after a few days but its horrible when its happening!

Some people say that after having your morning cig, its the carbon monoxide that makes me dizzy, causing less oxygen going through, others say the nicotine, can anyone tell me? If thats the case, why do I get the lightheaded thing when not smoking on the first few days :confused:

Several times in the last few years, I gave up but didnt last longer than about 5 days. I am smoking about 30years, for the last few years it went up, I now smoke about 30 per day. Going on that amount of cigs, what oil/nicotine amount should i use on the e-cig?

I am not sure if I can mention names of companies, so I wont just in case! I am going to buy a pack from our chemist, it has a usb thing for the computer, from reading here, it must be a charger, some cartridges and the cig.
    Before buying one, I need to know if it is compatible with the other cartridges,oil, juice, the stuff you put in to inhale, (thats the parts im baffled on, what to put in, so much to read on them) as in can I mix my branded cig, with the the other oils etc mentioned on here?

Sorry for the long post, I just dont want to waste money on an item that will still make me feel as bad as cigs do, I know there are no chemicals etc in the e-cig, but I dont want to be going around dizzy either (even though it lasts a short time) its horrible.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

What I want to know is, do you get that horrible dizzy feeling using e-cigs? also, if any of you have given up completely without any subsitutes, does the e-cig stop the feeling of "spaced out" on the first few days of no smoking. the last time I gave up for a few days, I had to come home shortly after going out, again it was kind of a lightheaded feeling, it does pass after a few days but its horrible when its happening!

I can only speak for myself in that I don't recall any dizziness but it may be different for others. It is possibly something to do with nicotine withdrawal and if so would be unlikely given with e-cigs you are continuing your nicotine intake.
    Some people say that after having your morning cig, its the carbon monoxide that makes me dizzy, causing less oxygen going through, others say the nicotine, can anyone tell me? If thats the case, why do I get the lightheaded thing when not smoking on the first few days :confused:

As above I can only speculate that it may be nicotine withdrawal but only a doctor could give a proper answer.
    Several times in the last few years, I gave up but didnt last longer than about 5 days. I am smoking about 30years, for the last few years it went up, I now smoke about 30 per day. Going on that amount of cigs, what oil/nicotine amount should i use on the e-cig?

I've said it many times in this thread (which nobody seems bothered reading from the start anymore) that it will be different for everyone. For that reason I recommend starting at a high level of 18mg and going up or down depending on your satisfaction.
    I am not sure if I can mention names of companies, so I wont just in case! I am going to buy a pack from our chemist, it has a usb thing for the computer, from reading here, it must be a charger, some cartridges and the cig. Before buying one, I need to know if it is compatible with the other cartridges,oil, juice, the stuff you put in to inhale, (thats the parts im baffled on, what to put in, so much to read on them) as in can I mix my branded cig, with the the other oils etc mentioned on here?

Again post one would answer this for you. Except for cartomisers (which are atomiser and cart material all in one) it is very straight-forward to drop any liquid into a cartridge or drip any liquid onto an atomiser and vape away. It's a bit trickier with cartomisers but can be done. After all they come in blanks with intructions easily found on how to fill them. Brands tend to vary in terms of their batteries and atomisers. The cartridge might be different sizes per brand but if they use a cartridge then any liquid will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

alpes wrote: »
    Not jet available the e-liquid in Londis stores, just the starter kit and pre-filled cartridges in tobacco flavor with 12mg and 18mg nicotine strengths.The 12mg nicotine is similar to light cigarettes and the 18mg is similar to regular cigarettes. The Ecirette 510 electronic cigarette is a Joye 510 e-cigarette under different brand name.

So will these pre-filled cartridges work in the E-Go 510 kit? It would be great if they did cause it's much easier than ordering on-line - especially when you're at work and the postman cant deliver easily to you.

The pre-filled cartridges will work with ego 510,riva ego 510, joye 510, ecirette starter kits

The pre-filled cartridges will work with ego 510,riva ego 510, joye 510, ecirette starter kits

That's great. Are they in store now and are they in all Londis stores or only certain ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I got the Riva starter kit.

I'm still not quite sure how to use it.
    How many puffs should you get per drop of e-liquid.
    How many puffs will give me the equivalent of 1 cigarette.
    Am I using it right, it seems to be burning the back of my throat, sometimes a lot comes out, some times not enough comes out.
    How do I know when it needs to be refilled.

I've had limited success so far. I want to gradually phase out the cigarettes so for now I'm just using the e-cig half of the time and normal cigarettes the other half.
    The plan is to get used to it such that I can have either an e-cig or a real cig depending on my mood without thinking twice, then I'll slowly phase out the ciggies.

• Advertisement

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    I got the Riva starter kit.

I'm still not quite sure how to use it.
    How many puffs should you get per drop of e-liquid.
    How many puffs will give me the equivalent of 1 cigarette.
    Am I using it right, it seems to be burning the back of my throat, sometimes a lot comes out, some times not enough comes out.
    How do I know when it needs to be refilled.

I've had limited success so far. I want to gradually phase out the cigarettes so for now I'm just using the e-cig half of the time and normal cigarettes the other half.
    The plan is to get used to it such that I can have either an e-cig or a real cig depending on my mood without thinking twice, then I'll slowly phase out the ciggies.

This sounds like a good plan to me too - will be very interested in hearing the answers and how you are getting on!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

How many puffs should you get per drop of e-liquid?
    Very little. You should make sure the material in the cartridge is very wet at all times.

How many puffs will give me the equivalent of 1 cigarette?
    Some folks take about 15-20 puffs and treat that as a cigarette but it's impossible to know. Others (including me) puff on it constantly. Perhaps the equivilent of 5 puffs every 10-15 minutes or so. It's about what satisfies your needs not someone elses. It's not a cigarette.

Am I using it right?, it seems to be burning the back of my throat, sometimes a lot comes out, some times not enough comes out.
    How do I know when it needs to be refilled?

As I said the material should be very wet at all times. Burnt taste or little vapour is a sure sign of not enough liquid in the cartridge. Low vapour can also mean a bad atomiser and if thats the case the best solution is unfortunately to simply use another. You have a Riva kit. Some of those kits come with a standard attomiser and a low resistance attomiser. These will perform quite differently, the low res. one burning hotter and providing a stronger throat hit but going through liquid faster. Also give dripping a try to see if you prefer that (3 drops directly onto the attomiser replace cart on top and you'll get 6 or 7 puffs before it goes dry)

Do not make the mistake of trying to equate this to smoking. Fine you can try to model your usage on 15-20 puffs every time you would have a cigarette but don't get hung up on what amount of liquid is the same as a cigarette etc. It's not known for sure yet how efficiently these devices deliver nicotine but it's very likely less effective than a ciagrette so use it until your urges go away. You will know when you have had enough. Be aware of the signs of too much nicotine (light-headedness and so on) so you can take care against overuse.

Hey guys. Still waiting for my ego to arrive. Have paid for express delivery so hopefully it'll be with me shortly.
    I'd like to ask you where are you ordering juice for your e-cigs? Place with bigger choice and better quality juice? And without rip off p&p charges.
    I've ordered a few different juices off thevapourstore and enjuice, how are they for quality and taste?
    And what would you advice to a complete beginner who hasn't even seen e-cigs yet:) atomizers or cartomizers? And what juice to start with?
    To be honest my head just refuses to understand how is it possible to SMOKE blueberry with pancake or some cheesecake thingy:) can you clarify that for me? Do you really get those tastes in you mouth???
    Thanks a bunch in advance.

Alpes do you represent ecirettesolutions?

Alpes, there is very limited choice on the website you gave.
    Are there webstores with big choice of e-juice of a good quality and cheap delivery? Where are you buying yours, lads? Or are you mixing yourself?

mewso wrote: »
    Alpes do you represent ecirettesolutions?
    Yes Mewso, I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

I bought the mixing kit from totally wicked ,different flavours ,platinium ice liquid etc..and I have to say Im not impressed with the level of vape ,basically nothing!!! Is there something Im doing wrong here.I have gone back to the cheap chinese liquids from the vapourstore for the moment.Mewso I think your the one with the experience ,any thoughts??

Yes Mewso, I do.

You may want to check the posting rules re. advertising etc. or check with the mods of this forum. It would generally be frowned upon.

I bought the mixing kit from totally wicked ,different flavours ,platinium ice liquid etc..and I have to say Im not impressed with the level of vape ,basically nothing!!! Is there something Im doing wrong here.I have gone back to the cheap chinese liquids from the vapourstore for the moment.Mewso I think your the one with the experience ,any thoughts??

Well you don't say what you are doing but with that kit say I want 3ml of 18mg and decide to use 10% flavouring then I will take 1ml of 54mg and 1.7ml of the PG/VG 0 nic. Then I'll add .3ml of flavouring and see how that vapes, adding more if it's not strong enough. Flavourings are difficult to judge. Some say 10%, some 20%. Looks like you need to go to 20% at least if it's not working for you. So in my example you might lower the 0 nic stuff to 1.4ml and add .6ml of flavouring. I'm hoping my calculations are correct but to be certain use one of the online calculators.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

mewso wrote: »
    Well you don't say what you are doing but with that kit say I want 3ml of 18mg and decide to use 10% flavouring then I will take 1ml of 54mg and 1.7ml of the PG/VG 0 nic. Then I'll add .3ml of flavouring and see how that vapes, adding more if it's not strong enough. Flavourings are difficult to judge. Some say 10%, some 20%. Looks like you need to go to 20% at least if it's not working for you. So in my example you might lower the 0 nic stuff to 1.4ml and add .6ml of flavouring. I'm hoping my calculations are correct but to be certain use one of the online calculators.

I'll give that a go.

Thanks

Advertisement