Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The song I earlier asked for is being used in a trailer for that film Children of Men. Anyone know the name of it?

Edit: Found it. It's Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭cork-langer

Right, might aswell throw up my 1....

Hard one: From the Movie Striptease when Demi Moore is dancing around her house on her own getting dressed... Chorus goes like...'It makes me wanna break down and cry cry cry'????
    Sounds like the Eurythmics but ive searched all their albums and cant find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hard one: From the Movie Striptease when Demi Moore is dancing around her house on her own getting dressed... Chorus goes like...'It makes me wanna break down and cry cry cry'????
    Sounds like the Eurythmics but ive searched all their albums and cant find it.

Pretty sure that's Little Bird by the Eurythmics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Anyone any ideas?

Timans wrote:
    What's the song on the new nike ad?

It's just piano but it sounds prety nice.

Wertz wrote:
    Pretty sure that's Little Bird by the Eurythmics.

Just checked it on you tube. Little bird by Annie Lennox.

LEGEND!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Whats the song on the current bud ad "answer the call" where the lads are going to a barbeque and dragging fences, cars and other debris with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,756 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Whats the song on the current bud ad "answer the call" where the lads are going to a barbeque and dragging fences, cars and other debris with them?
    Answered 12 posts up:
    Young Folks - Peter Bjorn & John/Victoria Bergsman

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

basquille wrote:
    Answered 12 posts up:

****e - lesson learned - Sound man Basquille. Many Thanks.

No worries mate and you can listen to it free on their MySpace here!

There's a funky animated video for it floating about on their site somaplce too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Wertz wrote:
    Googling "fujifilm ad ireland, beautiful" throws up some band called The Parlotones....the track is surprisingly enough entitled Beautiful.
    I hate that ad, but the track isn't bad...

In fact here it is in legal mp3 format:
    http://www.powerzone.co.za/sound/top40/1TheParlotones-Beautiful.mp3

Thank you so much! It was driving me and a few friends mad!

Aone know the name of this track?

Think its by Doves and here are some lines from it:

"Now watch me rise up on you,
    All the ashes remain out of you
    When you said that we were wrong
    Life goes on and drifing awaaaay
    awaaaay............."

Think its by Doves and here are some lines from it:

"Now watch me rise up on you,
    All the ashes remain out of you
    When you said that we were wrong
    Life goes on and drifing awaaaay
    awaaaay............."
    That song is by Embrace and is called 'Ashes'

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Does anyone know the song when the end credits are rolling in the film 'White Noise'..?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Anybody now the name of the song being used on the lastest 2fm ad that's been running on RTE? It's the song with the band performing in a cardboard box.

Jane_LS_88 wrote:
    Does anyone know the song when the end credits are rolling in the film 'White Noise'..?
    Our Lady Peace - Falling Back to Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Whats the name and artist of the song that goes like ''im horny , a hornay, hornay, horny''

Ah... a classic!

Without a Google... i recall it being 'Horny' by Mousse T

There's an awful mash-up mix of Horny with Bohemian Like You by the Dandy Warhols getting airplay ATM...I thought it was quirky and funny the first time I heard it....now I think it's just crap...

Wertz wrote:
    There's an awful mash-up mix of Horny with Bohemian Like You by the Dandy Warhols getting airplay ATM...I thought it was quirky and funny the first time I heard it....now I think it's just crap...
    AFAIK Mousse T actually done that mix himself.......milking the proverbial!!

• Advertisement

Strange....anything else I hear done by Mousse T is quality house...
    Suppose there's nothing wrong with wanting to make a few quid in the charts though...

Yep! Ya gotsta pay your bills I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

There was a promotion ad on TV3 for programmes in the new season in the last few weeks or so. It was a fast-paced rock song. Had a drum roll at one point. It was kinda catchy :). Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Anyone know what song is on the lucozade ads at the mo?
    Sounds like josh homme singing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭-Lithium-

BaZmO* wrote:
    Anybody now the name of the song being used on the lastest 2fm ad that's been running on RTE? It's the song with the band performing in a cardboard box.

The song is called "You and Me" by Vega4 - you can overdose on it on their MySpace site.

By any chance does anyone remember the name of the song on the ad for The Sunday Game on RTE in the summer of 2003 (I think, give or take a year...)?

I'm not really expecting anyone to even remember the song I'm talking about but just thought I'd throw it out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

was out in a club there on saturday and heard this song, it has a line in it something like "i'm looking for some entertainment" with a chick singing, just thought it was really catchy, then heard it today on 98fm but i cant find any songs similar to it, it sorta sounded like kelly clarkson and must be new cos it was in top listener charts, haha, dont really help cos the dj never called out the artists name :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

was out in a club there on saturday and heard this song, it has a line in it something like "i'm looking for some entertainment" with a chick singing, just thought it was really catchy, then heard it today on 98fm but i cant find any songs similar to it, it sorta sounded like kelly clarkson and must be new cos it was in top listener charts, haha, dont really help cos the dj never called out the artists name :(

i'd say it's "Walk Away" by Kelly Clarkson, the line in that song goes "I'm looking for attention..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

nah that aint it, oh god this is really driving me mad, i know the chorus of the song goes something like "i'm looking for some entertainment" but the name of its probably something mental like "how to boil an egg in 60 seconds" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

BaZmO* wrote:

this is driving my crazy, i'm almost tempted to ring 2fm...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭-Lithium-

Call_me_al wrote:
    this is driving my crazy, i'm almost tempted to ring 2fm...

I answered that question a few posts up.
    The name of the song is "You and Me" by a band called Vega4.

Advertisement