Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 6BR Tournament Dublin - 19th December

• 16-12-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

At XGC in Dublin, we'll have a Tekken 6 BR Tournament this Sunday, 19th December, 2010. Free play and registrations from 13:00-14:00. The tournament will start at 14:00 SHARP!

Rules for the tournament:

1) Entrance fee will be 5 euro. All the money will be collected by me before the tournament. Each player's name will be put down on a list. Any player may check the list at any time. Players who decide to leave the tournament after the first round is played will get no refund.
    2) I will try to determine the prize in the way that the first three places will get their fee back, if possible. All depends on the number of players. Last time it came to the point that players got money back and they only paid 3 euro each for the whole tournament.
    3) Depending on the number of players, we'll play either Everyone plays Everyone (if a small number of participants) or double eliminations (if 8,16, etc.) Possibly first to three, maybe even first to five.
    4) 60 seconds games, guard damage off, first stage random, loser choses the next stage.
    5) A player who lost the previous round may change his character with the same opponent.
    6) If a player feels he is being counterpicked, he may ask me to make his character choice in secret.
    7) Players who are caught cheating in the game lose the whole tournament and will be asked to leave! (usually possible with programmable sticks)
    8) Verbal abuse (as "You're cheap!", "You suck!", etc.) and any other forms of mistreating will not be tolerated.
    9) Shoulder buttons allowed. Each player must check and configure his shoulder buttons BEFORE the first round each game. Later changing will not be allowed unless the opponent doesn't mind.
    10) If a player presses the START button during any stage of play, that player immediately loses that particular round.
    11) Player who is late for his match will be asked to grow up. A player who is constantly late for his matches will be asked to leave the tournament.
    12) Left or right side of play is determined randomly by coin toss, unless both players agree with each player's choice.
    13) The prize will be determined by the number of players and the time the tournament takes to finish. The price for one console being used is usually 5 euro per hour, during our tournaments is halved. So, the remaining money will be distributed to first three places, in 60/30/10 fashion. (We'll see.)
    14) PS3 version of the game.
    15) Wireless PS3 controllers banned, unless battery removed. (we always ignore this one, as never anything bad happened)

List at the moment:

1) Triademan (K.O.I.F.)
    2) Mantys (org)
    3) Nani
    4) Kickers
    5) Ezzda (%)
    6) Shogun
    7) Batman_oh (%)
    8) ...

...at least the last place anyone??? If interested, please post here.

@ Jeff: Can you please ask Aaron or Dom? I don't have any contact. Merci.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Looks good mantys, hope it goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

Unfortunately, Triademan will probably not make it this Sunday.

List at the moment:

1) Triademan (K.O.I.F.) (%)
    2) Mantys (org)
    3) Nani
    4) Kickers
    5) Ezzda (%)
    6) Shogun
    7) Batman_oh (%)
    8) ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I would love to, but I have an assignment due that, if I fail to complete it, I fail my whole year.

If Triademan doesn't make it this Sunday and more players don't respond, I thing the best thing will be just to play for fun. Test other players' skills and so on.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

mantys wrote: »
    Test other players' skills and so on.:cool:

Test you well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

mantys wrote: »
    If Triademan doesn't make it this Sunday and more players don't respond, I thing the best thing will be just to play for fun. Test other players' skills and so on.:cool:

Regardless of attentance I'd still recommend running the tournament as planned.

bush wrote: »
    Test you well
    ???
    Whatever...

Anyway, I think we can still run it as a tournament. They are definitely open tomorrow, I asked them today and the guy will give us the usual discount.
    So guys see yous there tomorrow. Don't forget to bring your sticks, controllers and copies of the game!!!
    Registrations and free play from 13:00-14:00. The tournament starts at 14:00.
    We'll probably use round-robin system.

Good luck to you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 nani

Hey - Mantys.

I dont want ot be a jerk, but if it nobody besides you can confirm that they would come it would be nonsese for us to come.
    I apreciate your work put in this, but atlest two players would be nice if they came (either Batman or Triademan).

So please guys if one of you could confirm yourself I would apreciate it, as you have to understand that me and my buddys have played the hell out of each other and are looking for new challenges. So dont get me wrong here as to backing out at the last moment.

So if we get one more confirm I can assure you will be there!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Guys, seriously.

Do you actually want the Irish Tekken scene to grow?

If you do, you need to be going to casuals regularly. You need to organise tournaments, and when you say you will, you need to go through with them and not cancel or not show up at the last minute.

Every single Tekken tournament I've seen started organised here has been mired by this stuff. You don't see it with SF or Blaz Blue.

I've played in SF tournaments where 4 people have showed up.

I've also played in ones with over 50 people.

But if you don't start small you'll never get big.

So what if there's only 2 or 3 people? 4 months ago the Irish BB scene was effectively 2 people. But they kept meeting up and gradually it grew.

There will never be other people showing up to help the scene get bigger if you don't put the ground work in first.

I know this might seem harsh but it has to be said.

The meet up is still on. So if you can show up and play, please do. I'll be there from 13:00. We should start at 14:00.
    Sorry for the chaos guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Irish Tekken scene confirmed for dead.

See you for TTT2 (or not...)

Were commin anyways. Se ya there if anybody comes!

Interesting, that more and more people would like to play, but it still doesn't work out. It's really hard. Some people work during weekends, some are shy, some suffer from severe misanthropy (me) and some don't even bother.
    If we want it to work, all the players must give some input into it.
    We can say this all over again...just TRY, a little bit. Sonner or later it will work out!

When I look at the scene in Slovakia (where I come from), there were TWO people travelling around the country to find more players. Now, they have a community, they post their own videos on the web and stuff.

And here we can't even put 8 people together for an odd tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We had sixteen players for a T6 tournament a few months ago and none of the Tekken players turned up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

We had sixteen players for a T6 tournament a few months ago and none of the Tekken players turned up.

If I recall there was even a thread on Tekken Zaibatsu for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

So how did this go? I had an arrangement sunday.

@RedDragonJack: It was really good. These guys paid so much for fuel and getting here! But they still came. We were expecting more people to show up, but it was only us. BTW, can you send me a text? I lost all my numbers two weeks ago, I don't have any contacts. Just say that it's you.
    We played for three hours. I bet they were dissapointed as I am not a good player.

@Nani: You are very good player, better than me. Your only weakness is that you don't know other characters. Your reactions are very good, you can escape grabs well, your movement and combos are excellent. Keep up the good work. And, please, don't think that what you saw yesterday IS the whole Tekken scene here. You need to meet other players. Just keep in touch here.

It should work out better next time.
    I would like to organize a tournament every month. Players who are interested should post their ideas here. I'll make new threads later.
    Don't want to be a bitch 'n all, but if this doesn't work out, this is the last time I am doing something for this "community".

I am willing to organize AND promote the community. First thing I'm going to do is:
    To praise the players who actually show up, I will use this system:
    Players will be rewarded points for their attendance. So...
    Will work on details later. Any comments welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Triademan

Too bad i was sick with flu...

If you organise something, just to let you know that i ll go on holiday from the 30 december till the 17 january.

TEST YOU WELL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I think what makes that even funnier is that I can't stand Tekken, but I was one of those sixteen players. I wonder if that makes me a seeded player by default :pac:

@Mantys: dont worry about us beeing disapointed, as it would be a lie that we were. You are quite a good player and my friends confirmed that. But in my honest opinion you are, most probably, playing with to many Characters (judging by your knowledge of jugles) and thus not concentrating your skill on one or two.
    By that I am saying you should choose one Char which you like the most and play with him whatever the oponent and just play another one as a backup.
    Getting used to one character improves your reaction time immensly, as you feel wich move to throw out at which moment. Punishment and setups will improve a lot aswell.
    Basically said - you are good, but you would be much better concentrating on one character.

@Triademan: No swet man, I hope you will be able to make it for our next meet up as I heard very good things about ya. It would be very interesting to see ya in action.

As for my skills I`d say i dont deserve that much praise, but I apreciate it a lot. And yes - knowledge and experrience of all the Chars is probably my biggest problem, though my movement should increase much more. Frame data is something which I only recently have payed attention to and that should change more in the future, thus increasing knowledge of other chars.

As for the comunity - as I mentioned to Mantys after we met, we should meet up in January again. So from this moment on I`d say we should start votin for which date in the next month would be the best for everyone.
    To not get tangled up with all of the awailable dates - it should probable be a weekend day.
    Weed also be definetly capable of comming for a meet up AT LEAST once a month.

My vote goes for the 22 or 23 of january.

P.S. Mantys - I enjoyed our matches very much and would love to play more. Just we got a bit short on time, so next time we could start earlier. For example 10-11 o`clock.

• Advertisement

@Nani: That makes me happy. About the characters. Knee uses other characters as well, so he knows their strengths and weaknesses. I use them because that's all I know. Basicaly...I like Lili a lot, but there aren't many good Lili players (only XTheWitchX and I haven't heard about him or from him for more than a year!) so I switched to Miguel. The only chance of winning against the top players here (Triademan, The Domonator, God-fisted Kaz,...) was to pick up a NEW character (Leonna, Zafina, Miguel, Bob, Alisa, Lars.) as they would not be very familiar with them. It doesn't work now obvioulsy.
    I trained against Bryan for 6 hours yesterday and let me just say, he is really scary. The pokes and abusive mix-ups. No wonder he's a top tier.

I vote for Saturday, 22nd.

@all: Please vote for the dates.

P.S. Still preparing the rules and the special point system. It looks good so far. Will keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Triademan

HI I agree with nani, 22/23 january sounds good to me.

If you want to play few battles online : the-demon_KOIF is my id on the PSN.

TEST YOU WELL ;)

@all: Please vote either for

a) 22nd January, 2011 (Saturday)
    b) 23rd January, 2011 (Sunday)
    c) 22nd or 23rd January, 2011 (this means that you don't mind and you can participate regardless of those two dates)

a) 1 vote
    b) 0 votes
    c) 2 votes

Keep it going. People who have contacts to other players (Aaron, Dominic, ...) please make sure you let them know if they don't read this. There is more than one month until the first tournament, so keep in touch.

@Mantys: Try watching some Honda (jap. Lili player). He is suppoused to be the best at the moment - atleast in tournament play. You can check out Kanes (from tz) Lili wich is very good.

@Triademan: I`d love to play against ya online, but unfortunatly I am very bad online and that is why I want us all to meet and play offline. One of my friends - namely Kickers, who was also at the meet, could stand a chance in online. As he is used to playing online.
    So hes maybe gonna give ya a message some time.
    I saw some of your footage and noticed you are pretty safe on punishment, so its going to be interesting playin against ya. :)

Lads, new thread here!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056127088#

Please vote in the poll and say if you want to participate in the tournament. Good luck to everyone!

Advertisement