Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mileage won't re-set on Garmin 500

• 26-05-2012 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi, would anyone be able to advise me, or know what might be the problem i am having with a garmin 500.

I can't re-set the mileage after each spin, i done the re-set holding in the power and re-set buttons but this didn't work. I have connected to garmin connect etc, but still the same issue.

Is anyone familiar with this problem?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

If you dont 'stop' the device after a spin (upper right button) you just need to hold down the 'reset' button only (lower right) for 3 seconds before you start the next spin. Are you doing a master reset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭calerbass

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    If you dont 'stop' the device after a spin (upper right button) you just need to hold down the 'reset' button only (lower right) for 3 seconds before you start the next spin. Are you doing a master reset?
    Thanks for response .

Ya I'm doing all that, but can't get it to zero for me. I tried a master reset and still same . It did nt fall etc but I see a thread here regarding a software update, but does nt it update automatically when connected to garmin connect?

Every other function works perfectly. Cadence, speed, HR etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Follow the link about the update and follow the instructions. Mine didn't update automatically and I wasn't aware there was an update until I saw the thread on here. Then see how it works

Follow the link about the update and follow the instructions. Mine didn't update automatically and I wasn't aware there was an update until I saw the thread on here. Then see how it works

Ya thanks, i will do it later now and let you know if it worked, sound.

I done that update short time ago, but now garmin is telling me it cant find the device. I went an updated drivers etc and its still invisible to garmin.

Done a few master resets and still the same. Where;s me sledgehammer:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement