Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is my computer worth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Hey Peeps, thinking of selling my pc, just looking for opinions on its value.....

Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate (official)
    AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.01Ghz
    4GB AMD DRam
    NVIDIA GeForce 7900
    Creative SB X-Fi
    NVIDIA nForce Audio Codec Interface
    750 Gb Hard Drive (250+500)
    LG Dvd Burner
    XBlade Silver case with BLue internal LED's

187343.JPG

187344.JPG

187345.JPG

Cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

any ideas what these parts would be worth on their own?

asus a8n sli-deluxe motherboard
    4x 512meg ram
    6800gt pci-e graphics
    tagan 480w psu

thanks

also an advent 4211c laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭voojeq

Random wrote: »
    any ideas what these parts would be worth on their own?

asus a8n sli-deluxe motherboard
    4x 512meg ram
    6800gt pci-e graphics
    tagan 480w psu

thanks

asus a8n sli-deluxe motherboard - 20
    4x 512meg ram - 5 each
    6800gt pci-e graphics - 15
    tagan 480w psu - 25

Anybody?? Any sort of estimation would be greatly appreciated

• Advertisement

Hey Peeps, thinking of selling my pc, just looking for opinions on its value.....

Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate (official)
    AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.01Ghz
    4GB AMD DRam
    NVIDIA GeForce 7900
    Creative SB X-Fi
    NVIDIA nForce Audio Codec Interface
    750 Gb Hard Drive (250+500)
    LG Dvd Burner
    XBlade Silver case with BLue internal LED's

187343.JPG

187344.JPG

187345.JPG

Cheers :D

sorry man missed this one somehow ;]

id give it 250 tops mate, nice case btw

voojeq wrote: »
    sorry man missed this one somehow ;]

id give it 250 tops mate, nice case btw

Cheers for the estimate voojeq, think if thats all its worth I'll keep it. Sure the sound card alone was 220 when it was built, but it is a few years old at this stage. Do you know if it would be possible to put a new board in that case that could support a better processor and more ram?

yeah devaluation is quite problematic with desktops but most people buy these to enjoy the upgrades if you dont upgrade then machine becomes worthless within 5 years

i really dont know what PSU you have, I suggest 500w minimum and good brand, voltage is important and ensures that all components have enough power

as for the case i see this is a midi tower then any atx board will fit which is good

you could go with amd mainboard and bulldozer cpu, they're relatively cheap and comparable to i7 if your budget is tight, if not then go for i5 or i7

btw your graphics card also could be upgraded the 7900 you have works with directx 9 only, you can find used ones which work with dx 10 on adverts (9800 GT for example) for 50 clams

yeah devaluation is quite problematic with desktops but most people buy these to enjoy the upgrades if you dont upgrade then machine becomes worthless within 5 years

i really dont know what PSU you have, I suggest 500w minimum and good brand, voltage is important and ensures that all components have enough power

as for the case i see this is a midi tower then any atx board will fit which is good

you could go with amd mainboard and bulldozer cpu, they're relatively cheap and comparable to i7 if your budget is tight, if not then go for i5 or i7

btw your graphics card also could be upgraded the 7900 you have works with directx 9 only, you can find used ones which work with dx 10 on adverts (9800 GT for example) for 50 clams

Cheers for that, I'll defo look into getting the new board, im not too pushed about the graphics card for now though cause I have a gaming laptop, i mainly want to upgrade cause I use the pc for photoshop, which works grand but as soon as i open the interweb or itunes or something while PS is running it slows down to buggery

asus a8n sli-deluxe motherboard - 20
    4x 512meg ram - 5 each
    6800gt pci-e graphics - 15
    tagan 480w psu - 25
    i forgot to mention amd64 3500+ cpu as well. what you reckon?

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    i forgot to mention amd64 3500+ cpu as well. what you reckon?

recently sold similar cpu for 20 note

http://www.adverts.ie/hardware/amd-athlon-64-x2-brisbane-4400-am2/1222937

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭ Tucker Chubby Flatware

I have an Asus Eee pc 4g netbook purchased in September 2008 from PC World for around €300. It's in perfect condition and has a pink lid/cover. I have bought a new Asus laptop and now want to sell my netbook to try recoup some of the costs of the new laptop. Any ideas as to how much my netbook is worth if I put it up for sale? Thanks

there were more than two versions of this netbook you'd have to have a look at the box and see whether its a asus EEE 700 or 900 where 900 is more expensive

i'd ask 100 euro for EEE 700 if all is there ( box etc) and up to 200 if its a 900 version

Thanks so much for your reply. I don't have the box, threw that out when I bought it-wups! Didn't realise I should have kept it! Is there any other way for me to tell what model it is? Is it now worth less as I don't have the box anymore!? I do have a case for it though!

Thanks so much for your reply. I don't have the box, threw that out when I bought it-wups! Didn't realise I should have kept it! Is there any other way for me to tell what model it is? Is it now worth less as I don't have the box anymore!? I do have a case for it though!

There should be a sticker on the base of the laptop which should tell you if its the 700 or 900, alternatively if you right click on "my computer" and go to properties it might say it in there

If you're planning to sell the item in future then you should keep the box and receipt, if netbook breaks down then the buyer can always send it off for warranty and you would need the original box to do that.

Since you've bought it back in 2008 then I suppose its already out of warranty so no worries. Lack of box will affect the price but only a little now.

I've never owned an Asus EEE so its hard to tell where can you find the specs on it. Like mentioned have a look into my computer and its properties. If you still cannot find it let us know what it says there and I'll try to help as 700 versions had Celeron CPU.

Right click my computer -> Properties -> General Tab and Computer Name Tab are the ones of your interest

EDIT:

nvm that i've found a list with Asus EEE pc's and looks like your is one of the first ones that came out

http://event.asus.com/eeepc/comparison/eeepc_comparison.htm

its right at the bootom of this list

giving that you can put it up on adverts for 150 euro and dont go below 100 =]

Thanks for all that information! I put it up on boards.ie for 150Euro as advised. I won't part with it for less than 100. Ideally 125 though! Thanks for all your help! :)

my pleasure

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

image1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

Hi everyone

Here is my rig, would appreciate an estimate.

CM Storm Scout
    MSI P55-G65
    LG Optical Drive
    Samsung HD103SJ 1TB *2
    HyperX 120GB SSD
    Intel Core i5 750
    Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 533MHz i5 Memory Module CL7*2 (Added 1 x 2GB PNY PC3 10700H 667MHz module ) TOTAL 6GB MEMORY
    Scythe ZIPANG 2 Heatsink
    Radeon HD 4670.
    CORSAIR 650w PSU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

Hi folks

Do you think 30e is an ok price for this? I thought it would be snapped up by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

Hi folks

Do you think 30e is an ok price for this? I thought it would be snapped up by now.

http://www.adverts.ie/laptops/dell-latitude-csx-h-laptop/1256412

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MJ5

Quick Query

I have a DELL XPS XPS_420 Processor : intel (R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.39GHz. Memory 4.00 GB & Subwoofer and a wireless keyboard. has windows Vista Home Premium How much is this worth??

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Broads.ie wrote: »
    Hi folks

http://www.adverts.ie/laptops/dell-latitude-csx-h-laptop/1256412
    It's next to worthless/useless given it's age and spec. I hope you don't have any major plans for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's next to worthless/useless given it's age and spec. I hope you don't have any major plans for it.

Agreed, not sure what you would do with it. Would probably struggle to load most modern web pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 enright07

Thinking of selling my current laptop and after several google searches have failed to find it's current value so I'm looking for peoples opinions.

I have a 17 in Hp Compaq Presario CQ71.

This is the spec. It's also running Office 2010.

Processor Intel Pentium Dual Core T4400
    Processor clock speed 2.2GHz
    Memory 4GB
    Memory slots 2
    Memory slots free 0
    Maximum memory 8GB
    Size 45x412x277mm
    Weight 3.1kg
    Sound IDT HD Audio
    Pointing device touchpad
    Display
    Viewable size 17.3 in
    Native resolution 1,600x900
    Graphics Processor Nvidia GeForce G 103M
    Graphics/video ports VGA, HDMI
    Graphics Memory 512MB
    Storage
    Total storage capacity 500GB
    Optical drive model HP DVD RW AD-7586H
    Optical drive type DVD+/-RW +/-DL
    Ports and Expansion
    USB ports 3
    Bluetooth
    Wired network ports 1x 10/100
    Wireless networking support 802.11n
    PC Card slots none
    Modem
    Supported memory cards SD, SDHC, Memory Stick PRO, MMC, xD

Operating system Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Operating system restore option Burn your own recovery DVDs
    Software included CyberLink PowerDVD 8, CyberLink MediaShow, CyberLink YouCam 3, LightScribe Direct Disc Labelling, Microsoft Works 9

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

200-250 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

enright07 wrote: »
    Memory 4MB

LOL :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 enright07

Polar Ice wrote: »
    LOL :eek:

Thanks for pointing that out, don't know how I didn't spot it! :o

• Advertisement