Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apprenticeship with liebherr

• 18-05-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Im thinking of applying for an apprenticeship as a fitter/welder in liebherr if/when it comes up, jusy wondering does anyone know what the rate of pay is year 1, year 2 etc, and what are they like to work for, i could ring them but id prefer to get somebody who has worked for them or knows someone who has opinions on it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Rates are different depending on the trade,i guess that would come under engineering,
    Year Gross Wage Norm
    Phase 2 €197.47
    Phase 4 €296.42
    Phase 6 €439.51
    4th Year €531.49

http://www.fas.ie/en/Allowances+and+Grants/Apprentice+Wages.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Rates are different depending on the trade,i guess that would come under engineering,
    Year Gross Wage Norm
    Phase 2 €197.47
    Phase 4 €296.42
    Phase 6 €439.51
    4th Year €531.49

http://www.fas.ie/en/Allowances+and+Grants/Apprentice+Wages.htm
    Yea that what you would get from FAS on your block release, Im trying to find out how much liebherr pay for your (on the job training). which would normally be a percentage of what they would pay a qualified fitter/welder working with liebherr. Cheers though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Good luck with it, although recently they have been laying a lot of people off!

Degag wrote: »
    Good luck with it, although recently they have been laying a lot of people off!

Yea i heard that, but they still hire apprentices apparently, cheap labour i guess, thanks, twud be great to get in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Yea that what you would get from FAS on your block release, Im trying to find out how much liebherr pay for your (on the job training). which would normally be a percentage of what they would pay a qualified fitter/welder working with liebherr. Cheers though
    Ah yes,i forgot it was different on the job. Fitting is what i shoulda done,sparky work was all that was going at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Oisintarrant

Never worked for the engineering side of Liebherr, but worked in their hotels for years. They have your typical german work ethic, work or get out.

Theyre all about doing things the best, with no time for the anything else. If you get a spot there, you should be prepared to be worked harder than most places. The best of luck getting the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ Yup what he said. I work in one of their hotels the odd time and they do make you work hard.

My uncle works in Liebherr and he seem to like it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

Never worked for the engineering side of Liebherr, but worked in their hotels for years. They have your typical german work ethic, work or get out.

Theyre all about doing things the best, with no time for the anything else. If you get a spot there, you should be prepared to be worked harder than most places. The best of luck getting the spot.

disagree strongly with this post . i worked their for a few years and have to say was best company to work for , you get time cards for each piece you do and once you hit your target you get a bonus of 35% of your wage . i know of no-one that ever failed to get their bonus and it was never hard to do so. then you get paid compensation hours on last friday of every month,and compensation days paid after bank holidays , i could go on but i will sumarise by saying it overall best company i have worked for in 20 years in engineering . that said will not be easy to get apprenticeship as on take on approx 12 per year across all the trades and at the moment they have let go some short term contract workers but they say things will improve for them towards end of year . anyway wish you well with your career:D

ciaeim wrote: »
    disagree strongly with this post . i worked their for a few years and have to say was best company to work for , you get time cards for each piece you do and once you hit your target you get a bonus of 35% of your wage . i know of no-one that ever failed to get their bonus and it was never hard to do so. then you get paid compensation hours on last friday of every month,and compensation days paid after bank holidays , i could go on but i will sumarise by saying it overall best company i have worked for in 20 years in engineering . that said will not be easy to get apprenticeship as on take on approx 12 per year across all the trades and at the moment they have let go some short term contract workers but they say things will improve for them towards end of year . anyway wish you well with your career:D

Well im actually a sparks by trade qualified and all and still am young so hopefully they may see the advantages of having that, always wanted to be a fitter though just wasnt any apprenticeships in my area at the time and i couldnt travel either. cheers ciaem though fingers crossed ayways

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kerry man

Hi lads, was thinking of applying for the electrician apprenticeship in liebherr. Anybody know what's the story with it, can I apply on-line or am I too late to apply?

• Advertisement
Advertisement