Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N64 from the attic

• 18-02-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Just having a root and found my sons old N64 with 16 games and hey presto it still works ....

mario 64 / mario kart / banjo kazookie / diddy kong racing / v-rally / f1 racing / scars / wipeout / tetrisphere / star wars racer / wcw v nwo / wwf no mercy / southpark / bomberman hero / super smash bros / pokemon stadium

Going to give them a whirl and see how they look ................

been playing a few of the games since yesterday and mario 64 still looks and feels fantastic compared to the wii super mario / mario kart is ok but feels dated now / tetrisphere is fantastic great music / v rally and F1 are pretty poor games still ....

will try more over the week

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,694 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

mickser42 wrote: »
    Going to give them a whirl and see how they look ................
    Like ****. Gameplay is what matters though ;) Just don't expect any from South Park.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Like ****. Gameplay is what matters though ;) Just don't expect any from South Park.

Why on earth did you spoiler shroud that comment?
    Didn't you want anyone to know you appreciate the
    gameplay
    of N64 games???? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Why on earth did you spoiler shroud that comment?
    Didn't you want anyone to know you appreciate the
    gameplay
    of N64 games???? ;)

It kind of
    spoiled
    the thread for me.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The
    N64 games
    have
    aged terribly for the
    most
    part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Stop Spoilering please!!! Unreal, Super Smash Bros what a game, I mastered Kirby his aerial attacks were fatal... did you say you have Goldeneye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

spoiled rotten with all the spoiling of spoilers this tread is
    I have to say, the N64 is the console I play the least. Just hate looking at the screen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Stop Spoilering please!!! Unreal, Super Smash Bros what a game, I mastered Kirby his aerial attacks were fatal... did you say you have Goldeneye?

I picked up a bag of N64 games in December for less than a tenner in a Sunday market,
    for my money I got a gold cart of Zelda OoT, Super Smash Bros, some wrestling titles, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, a Fifa game, a a bunch of others.
    When you do come across N64 titles and consoles second hand they seem to go cheaply as, unlike the Snes, they weren't anything like top of the home console list at the time and so fewer people want them now.
    Of course that makes it bargain heaven for us!

Advertisement