Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Controller/Dispatcher - New Recruitment

• 24-07-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

A new recruitment drive began today for Emergency Controller/Dispatcher positions for Dublin and Offaly. It doesn't state NAS but I'm pretty sure it is.
    Check out the usual recruitment portals as I'm not sure if posting links is permitted.

The best of luck to those who apply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Flaker

I can't find it anywhere. Where'd you see it advertised OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭999nobody

Why would NAS be recruiting for Offaly when the new control rooms are in Dublin and Ballyshannon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

the job is here not too sure what to make of that one though

http://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Emergency-Dispatch-Controller-6845092.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

Im wondering if its actually for BT for initial 112 call answering as opposed to the NAS control jobs?

it would have to be I'd say, looking at the minimum qualifications for the jobs its your leaving cert.

so cant see it being EMS controller but sure you never know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I applied for this yesterday. Not a clue what it entails though, sure a job is a job and I reckon it would still be an interesting environment to work in.

Here's the link on CPL's website, it really has no extra details though

I just gave CPL a bell there for some clarification, waiting on a call back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I wonder if these positions are for staff who respond to alarm calls ? Example being panic buttons installed in homes ?

Ad does not appear to be for NAS controllers .

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

They are National Ambulance Service temporary positions.
    With regard to Dublin, Offaly and Ballyshannon. Offaly is still very much in the running as they control the air ambulance, hardly a role that would be given to a centre that was due to close;)

Will these positions go ahead? We'll wait to see the views of IARC and the unions and take it from there:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 drill

Bang Bang wrote: »
    Offaly is still very much in the running as they control the air ambulance, hardly a role that would be given to a centre that was due to close;)

Tullamore took on air ambulance because Dublin wouldn't due to outstanding issues safety,training staffing etc

Tullamore is due to close with air ambulance moving to Tallaght Tullamore is due to take on national workforce rosters and sick

• Advertisement

Bang Bang wrote: »
    They are National Ambulance Service temporary positions.

is that confirmed? reason I ask is because thought NAS would be looking for Emergency Call Taker / Emergency Dispatcher qualifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

drill wrote: »
    Tullamore took on air ambulance because Dublin wouldn't due to outstanding issues safety,training staffing etc

Dublin asked that these safety issues and concerns be addressed first, nothing was done, then we all know what happened to the helicopter! Tullamore then stepped in whilst these concerns were still outstanding, so much for solidarity:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

1 -2 years experience :rolleyes:

I had thought the control room in Tullamore was long closed ? Given the recent recruitment pause across most of the HSE one would have to wonder if these temporary positions will actually happen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Medic475

Applied for this job! Got a call today asking me to go to Dub for a chat about it with the agency! 8 jobs going. On the panel for HSE ICS as well, was offered a job off the panel and now recruitment has frozen. Hard to know what to do! Go for this and knowing my luck recruitment will start again with ICS after me being offered the job but won't be able to take it if I get offered a job as EMC signing contract!!! The pain of it all!

A friend of a friend has been told the people filling these positions will be paid by an agency as opposed to being paid from the HSE payroll system - why would the HSE do it this way ?

Delancey wrote: »
    A friend of a friend has been told the people filling these positions will be paid by an agency as opposed to being paid from the HSE payroll system - why would the HSE do it this way ?

Probably for the same reason they use agency nurses as well, because they can pay them less, and their employee rights are the problem of the agency rather than the HSE. Could be to do with the embargo as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭donkey balls

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Probably for the same reason they use agency nurses as well, because they can pay them less, and their employee rights are the problem of the agency rather than the HSE. Could be to do with the embargo as well.

Since may 19th 2012 the EU agency working directive has come in to force which means that a person doing the same job as a full time employee must receive the same pay/ot etc as the full time employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭okiss

I have just read the previous posts here. Does any one know where in Tullamore or Co Offaly are the jobs based?
    Does anyone know what type of hours or shifts you would be working per week?
    Thanks for your help.

To my knowledge ( and I will stand corrected if I'm wrong ) the Control Room in Offaly is in the grounds of Tullamore Hospital , I presume it operates 24x7 and I think it is covered by staff on a 12 hours shift - anyone able to confirm ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Since may 19th 2012 the EU agency working directive has come in to force which means that a person doing the same job as a full time employee must receive the same pay/ot etc as the full time employee.

Getting a little OT, but does that not only apply if they are working for the same company. HSE and agencies would be different companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭donkey balls

No it applies to the HSE and any other public/private& semi state companies,I happen to know someone who works in the HSE through agency and now gets paid the rate the full time members get.
    There is a way around it which certain employers have taken advantage of by hiring some agency staff and given them full time contracts,But the new hires will still get paid the same rate as the agency staff which means the company can evade having to pay any other agency worker the old full time rate.

Aquila wrote: »
    Whats the pay like for this job in general lads?

For the above job mentioned in this thread it's starting at 20868 according to the agency.

okiss wrote: »
    I have just read the previous posts here. Does any one know where in Tullamore or Co Offaly are the jobs based?
    Does anyone know what type of hours or shifts you would be working per week?
    Thanks for your help.

12 hour shifts, so many days on and so many days off etc. Weekends bank holidays, nights, days etc.

Anyone hear anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭okiss

I have sent my cv off today for this job. I will let you know how it goes.

okiss wrote: »
    I have sent my cv off today for this job. I will let you know how it goes.

Cool! Best of luck!

My information is that these positions are now filled.

• Advertisement

Delancey wrote: »
    My information is that these positions are now filled.

When and where did ya find that out if you don't mind me asking?

Advertisement