Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who Else Is Getting a PS Vita?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Notorious wrote: »
    I had planned on getting a Vita on launch day for a long time, but after a lot of hands on time with the console and most of the big launch titles I just can't justify spending €250 yet.

In my opinion, the console is going to suffer initially without a solid set of launch titles. The Vita is a lovely piece of hardware, but its useless without some good games. Uncharted looks great, but I didn't enjoy playing it. Everybody's Golf was by far my favourite of the titles, just for its pick-up-and-play accessibility and general fun.

I'm confident that after 6-8 months the Vita will get a price drop and hopefully some more great games - I think that's when it will be a good time to buy it.

Seriously? It has a better launch line up than any console since the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Seriously? It has a better launch line up than any console since the 90s.

I think Notorious' use of 'launch title' is misleading. I could be wrong but I believe he is just saying that there are not enough good quality games out [in his opinion]. Yes there are a load of launch titles but the quality would need to be higher.

Anyway, I disagree personally. Uncharted, Wipeout, Escape Plan and Super Stardust Delta will be keeping me going until Mortal Kombat and Gravity Rush come out in a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Otacon wrote: »
    I think Notorious' use of 'launch title' is misleading. I could be wrong but I believe he is just saying that there are not enough good quality games out [in his opinion]. Yes there are a load of launch titles but the quality would need to be higher.

Anyway, I disagree personally. Uncharted, Wipeout, Escape Plan and Super Stardust Delta will be keeping me going until Mortal Kombat and Gravity Rush come out in a month or two.

gravity rush was confirmed for launch no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Yes, exactly. Thanks Otacon. I'm not knocking the Vita at all, in fact I love the console. I think it has great potential, but I have no interest in the launch titles.

Consoles rarely have great launch titles and while there is a lot of big names on the Vita line up - the games just aren't great (in my opinion).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

caspa307 wrote: »
    gravity rush was confirmed for launch no?

Nope, its available in Japan but the release over here is meant to be April or May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Nope, its available in Japan but the release over here is meant to be April or May.

one side it saves me 50 yo yo, on another side..... MOTHER****ING BITCHES

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

According to the online tracking my courier has it in his van ready to be delivered today...not sure whether it will turn up, obviously hope it does, would save me a lot of hassle for tomorrow waiting around for him when I need to be out. If it does I'll put up a video for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

According to the online tracking my courier has it in his van ready to be delivered today...not sure whether it will turn up, obviously hope it does, would save me a lot of hassle for tomorrow waiting around for him when I need to be out. If it does I'll put up a video for you.

Where from?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Haven't had a handheld console in a long time and I'm nearly certain im going to pick up one of these! Im a huge F1 fan and being able to play F1 2011 on my commute will be awesome!

The hardware is incredible and a smartphone / tablet with similar specs would be 600 euro so I think the price is excellent too.

Hopefully in a few months there will be some nice titles to keep it alive and kicking. i remember getting the original PSP, playing GTA multiplayer flat out for about 8 weeks and then selling it as there was no other games worth talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Gonna hold out on this until I see how Mortal Kombat does.

If it's anywhere near as good as the home console version then I'm sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Gonna hold out on this until I see how Mortal Kombat does.

If it's anywhere near as good as the home console version then I'm sold.

i am prety sure it will be direct port. MvC 3 is direct port, with background having a bit less of movement, which is barely noticable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The vita version of mortal kombat will have all the dlc characters and a challenge where you can play as shao khan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I played with a friends vita and caved.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I picked up one on launch day, great bit of kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

What the hell is the story with the freezing SONY!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Haven't experienced any freezing issues myself :confused:

cloud493 wrote: »
    Haven't experienced any freezing issues myself :confused:

Neither have I

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Neither have I

fifa's crashed maybe twice for me,annoying -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

My Vita is just f*cked... FIFA is doing nothing right for me, all it's doing is disconnecting me out of EVERY single game... I haven't got to finish a single game really... Such an absolute joke, I would be tempted to smash it, it's making me that mad :mad:

Should I leave it back and get a new one? Or what the f*ck is the story with this? :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

My Vita is just f*cked... FIFA is doing nothing right for me, all it's doing is disconnecting me out of EVERY single game... I haven't got to finish a single game really... Such an absolute joke, I would be tempted to smash it, it's making me that mad :mad:

Should I leave it back and get a new one? Or what the f*ck is the story with this? :mad:

That could just be the utterly woeful wireless chipset in the Vita. Go sit beside your router :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

That could just be the utterly woeful wireless chipset in the Vita. Go sit beside your router :P

The router is right beside me LOL :eek: Could it just be a dodgy Vita?... That is just ridiculous wi-fi... How can a modern day console include such trash like?... It's ok for everything apart from FIFA...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's ok for everything apart from FIFA...

Just EA and their ****ty servers then

I have 100 meg broadband. I place the vita on the modem and am only getting 2 bars !!

I get 2 bars on my PSVita with my router upstairs in another room. I have seen worse than this with other wireless devices

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I have 100 meg broadband. I place the vita on the modem and am only getting 2 bars !!

100 meg broadband? You basuURd ;) I have 8 meg :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Adverts.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Dark-Knight I may be interested but suspect that it's not allowed on the forum to sell stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

kensutz wrote: »
    Dark-Knight I may be interested but suspect that it's not allowed on the forum to sell stuff.

PM the chap, see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I folded and bought one, Uncharted and Wipeout plus 4GB card.
    Loving Uncharted and glad it's not all Vita fiddly controlled (Lazy gamer) but it still forces to much of the console fiddly bits on the player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Niall0001

All you playing FIFA - where did you buy it or did ye 'purchase' it online?

Picked one up on Amazon during the week & no problems whatsoever.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0070VVNK8

No major complaints reported in the customer reviews either.

Advertisement