Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz wrote: »
    Charity proposes to Cain at Christmas

I wonder does it have anything to do with money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I wonder does it have anything to do with money.

She wants both him and the cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭angel1001

Aaron kisses Adam

Maisie kisses half brother Ryan

thought he was mad for katie....anyone know when the sally storyline is due to end????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Eli Dingle is leaving also

Well that's no bloody harm:p

Emmerdale bigamist Mark Wylde is to be murdered in a shock storyline twist, show producers have announced.

The businessman, played by actor Maxwell Caulfield, will meet a grisly end in an hour-long episode which is to be screened on January 14.

Caulfield announced his decision to quit the rural soap last November, but details of his exit had remained a secret until now.

A number of the programme's characters have motives for murder, but fans will not discover who the killer is until the dramatic instalment is screened next week.

Mark's partner Natasha (Amanda Donohoe) is likely to be seen as one potential culprit in the run-up to the tragedy. Next week, she will discover that Mark has been cheating on her with first wife Faye Lamb, played by Kim Thomson.

Faye herself may decide to get revenge for the way she has been treated by Mark in the past, while one of the love cheat's children Ryan (James Sutton), Maisie (Alice Coulthard) or Nathan (Lyndon Ogbourne) could teach him a lesson after having their own lives affected by his behaviour.

Speaking of his one-year stint on the show, Caulfield commented: "It's been one of the best experiences of my career and I've had the opportunity to work with the loveliest group of people. To have the privilege of working with two knockout actresses on a daily basis made Mark really fun to play."

Caulfield recently revealed that he would now like to play a Bond villain or secure a role on The Bill.

• Advertisement

In two weeks time, viewers will be treated to the dramatic culmination of the Sally/Ashley/Laurel love triangle, when troubled Sally takes her love for married priest Ashley one step too far.

After hearing that Ashley (played by John Middleton) is planning to leave the village with daughter Gabby to be closer to wife Laurel in a bid to try and get their relationship back on track, Sally (Sian Reeves) tries to stop him.

However, as is the norm in Emmerdale, nothing goes to plan and Sally ends up throwing herself in front of Ashley's car in a last-ditch attempt to get him to listen to her.

Despite trying to stop, Ashley hits Sally, knocking her unconscious and leaving her bloodied on the road.

Ashley immediately calls an ambulance and Sally is rushed to hospital.

But when they arrive, police start to question Ashley - believing he may have had a more intricate role in the accident than they first thought.

And they are made further suspicious when Sally wakes up and starts telling lies about her relationship with priest Ashley.

What will happen to Sally? Will Ashley and Laurel's marriage survive this latest incident?

The dramatic episode will be shown on ITV1 on Tuesday January 19 at 7pm.

So Natasha killed Mark - terrible acting from all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    Agreed!

Worst actor ever in a soap.....and people slag off Fair City...:rolleyes:

So Natasha killed Mark - terrible acting from all involved

Maybe not amd even if she did, I reckon she will get away with it as she has the letter saying that he was going to shoot himself. I think she will find him before anyone else will and will claim she brought back the fun to Home farm with panic.

Why hasnt Sam found him. Is he working at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Former Hear'Say star Suzanne Shaw has been cast in ITV soap Emmerdale.

The ex-pop singer, who has established a successful theatre career in recent years, is to play Edna Birch's (Shirley Stelfox) "feisty and flirtatious" granddaughter Eve on the long-running programme.

Shaw first found fame by appearing on ITV1 reality competition Popstars in 2001. The show saw her winning a place in the band Hear'Say, who remained active for nearly two years.

More recently, the 28-year-old has triumphed on Dancing On Ice and starred in a number of West End musicals, including Chicago, Summer Holiday, The Rocky Horror Show and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Speaking of her new role, Shaw commented: "I am so excited to be joining the cast of such a popular and long-standing show. It's quite daunting to think I'll be watched by millions of people every night, but I can't wait to get stuck in to country life! Eve is going to be such a fun character to play, she's a real flirt and her arrival is definitely going to cause fireworks."

Emmerdale's series producer Gavin Blyth added: "We are delighted to welcome Suzanne to the cast. Viewers can look forward to some explosive storylines as Eve cranks up the heat in the village and attracts her fair share of male attention!"

Shaw's former Hear'Say bandmate Kym Marsh has been a cast member in ITV1's Coronation Street for nearly four years, playing the role of barmaid Michelle Connor.

The actress will begin filming at the Yorkshire-based programme next month and be seen on screen for the first time in April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Worst actor ever in a soap.....and people slag off Fair City...:rolleyes:

That Maisie one wins the prize for the worst actress ever! She seems to shout and cry every line!!!!

Lillylilly wrote: »
    That Maisie one wins the prize for the worst actress ever! She seems to shout and cry every line!!!!

Just doing what she can with the lines given.

When is Debbie leaving it must be soon her bump is very noticeable

I cant stand any of the Wylde children especially bratty Nathan and Maisie

Alex Carter has quit Emmerdale after four years in the role of Jamie Hope, Digital Spy can confirm.

The 27-year-old will bow out from the Yorkshire-based soap later this year in order to pursue new projects.

Carter first revealed the news in an interview with Shaun Keaveny on BBC 6 Music and went on to make a number of light-hearted remarks over his character's current contribution to the programme.

He joked: "I'm getting thoroughly depressed because I'm in work every day for about four hours. It's like they're teasing me because I'm leaving and I've got one line. I'm in work every day. It's driving me mental.

"I can't even go off and meet people and talk about being King Rat in Skegness or anything like that. I can't even plan my future! They've got me by the balls."

Meanwhile, asked how Jamie will depart, Carter replied: "Why spoil the habit of my character's lifetime? It's nothing interesting - I think I just go in a cab."

An Emmerdale spokesperson this afternoon told DS: "We can confirm that after four years on the show, Alex Carter has decided to leave Emmerdale. He's been a great asset to the show and we wish him all the very best for the future."

Carter joined ITV's rural soap in November 2005 and first appeared as the local postman on February 16, 2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Alex Carter has quit Emmerdale after four years in the role of Jamie Hope, Digital Spy can confirm.

Carter first revealed the news in an interview with Shaun Keaveny on BBC 6 Music and went on to make a number of light-hearted remarks over his character's current contribution to the programme.

Can listen to that interview here. Go forward to about 2.18

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/b0072l9k/Friday/console/

Former Cutting It star Jason Merrells has joined the cast of ITV soap Emmerdale.

The actor, best known for his role as stylist Gavin Ferraday on the BBC drama, has signed up to play a handsome business tycoon named Declan who becomes entangled in the life of murderess Natasha Wylde (Amanda Donohoe).

Declan will first appear on screen in April and be seen acquiring a stake of the village's Home Farm estate after a cash-strapped Natasha searches for investors.

The newcomer's involvement with Natasha will take a further twist, however, as viewers are left to wonder whether the newly-single businesswoman is looking for more than just a financial saviour.

Speaking of his new role, Merrells commented: "I'm thrilled to be joining a show as respected and well-loved as Emmerdale and look forward to filming my first scenes later this month. Declan's an enigmatic mogul who is bound to raise a few eyebrows in the village."

Emmerdale's series producer Gavin Blyth added: "I'm delighted to be welcoming Jason to the cast. He is an extremely talented actor and will be brilliant in the role of Declan. Jason's role will continue to take the show forward in this very exciting time for Emmerdale."

Former Hollyoaks actor Marc Silcock has joined the ranks of Emmerdale, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The 21-year-old - who portrayed schizophrenic Newt's imaginary alter-ego Eli on and off between 2008 and 2009 - takes on the role of Jackson Walsh, a potential new love interest for sexually confused mechanic Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller).

At the end of last year, Aaron's world was thrown into turmoil when he made a pass at his best friend Adam Barton (Adam Thomas) following a car accident. With villagers gossiping about his true sexuality, Aaron was forced to try to cover his tracks and embarked on a relationship with Adam's sister Holly (Sophie Powles).

In the coming weeks, though, Aaron panics when his cover story Holly ends their relationship. On a night out with Eli (Joseph Gilgun), Aaron is tempted to visit a gay bar. When he eventually plucks up the courage to go inside, he's taken aback when Jackson takes an interest in him.

Speaking of Jackson's arrival in the village, Emmerdale series producer Gavin Blyth told DS: "Like Aaron, Jackson's a very contemporary gay character - he's not a stereotype. He's someone who exists in his own right in the world because of who he is - not what he is in terms of his sexuality. We've got to realise that for everything that Aaron's fighting, if he's ever going to let anyone in, it's going to be someone he can relate to.

"I also stated from the outset that I wanted Aaron's tale to be a very modern story of someone not only wrestling with their sexuality but also loathing himself at times for it and (wrongly) fearing other people judging him. If we're to play a relationship of any sense as Aaron moves forward, I want it to be a very real one, not based on clichés or stereotypes."

He continued: "And as, when and if the relationship goes anywhere, it's paramount that both characters can ultimately continue to drive the story beyond that of their sexuality."

Meanwhile, speaking of his casting, Silcock said: "I've always been a fan of Emmerdale, so I'm thrilled to be joining the cast. Jackson will play a big part in Aaron's journey and I'm so pleased to be involved in this story."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I wonder who posted the flowers in the thomas' letterbox? Is sally back?

Is Debbie leaving for good?

Yes Sally is back

Debbie is leaving for maternity leave only she will be back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Ohhh Psycho Sally! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭ Amani Blue Cream

does anyone know whats gonna happen with the psycho sally storyline?? i love watching but if i dont know the spoiler beforehand, i get so excited that i get palpitations. weird but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Doesnt Jan Francis (Rodney's date) look good...62 you know..not many women her age look good in jeans...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

So annoyed that Ashley didnt tell Laurel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaagh!

She Devil wrote: »

Aaaaaaaaaaagh!

Why, Laurel is much nicer than Sally

She Devil wrote: »

Aaaaaaaaaaagh!

He tells Laurel that he thinks Sally date raped him

I dont think anything happened between them tbh

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He tells Laurel that he thinks Sally date raped him

I dont think anything happened between them tbh

The poor man looked as if he did not have the strngth to take off his clothes let alone do anything. If she wanted to think something happened, why did she not stay in the bed beside him till he woke up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Thought tonights episode with Aaron and Paddy was fantastic. The actor who plays Aaron gave such a great performance, very heartfelt and emotional, Paddy telling him how much he hated him at first and wanted to get rid of him and now he loves him and thinks of him as a son, it was terrific, and i'm glad they shared that hug, very poignant indeed.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Thought tonights episode with Aaron and Paddy was fantastic. The actor who plays Aaron gave such a great performance, very heartfelt and emotional, Paddy telling him how much he hated him at first and wanted to get rid of him and now he loves him and thinks of him as a son, it was terrific, and i'm glad they shared that hug, very poignant indeed.

Ya brilliant stuff. The eposites where only two or three people are involved in can often be brilliant as the actors put so much into the half hour.

• Advertisement

PSYCHO Sally Spode's life hangs in the balance - as vicar's wife Laurel Thomas dangles her off a BALCONY.
    Laurel is furious with Sally for drugging and bedding her hubby Ashley.

She bursts into Sally's top-floor flat and is horrified to find a weird photo shrine.

Her own face has been cut out and Sally's stuck in next to her husband's.

Sally then claims she is pregnant by Ashley and won't let her baby die - a jibe at the cot death of Laurel's tot Daniel.

Laurel flies at Sally - just as Ashley and his father-in-law Doug arrive.

The scenes will be screened on April 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement