Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Program to compress MP3 music files

• 06-11-2004 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭

Looking for a name of software or anyone got suggestions to go about compressing MP3 files to fit on a phone.A mate got a sony ericsson f500i and he wanted to put a few on it,but all i could get on was a couple of MP3's,they were about 3meg in size.So looking to compress them to smaller size to fit more on phone for him.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Just lower the bit rate. It'll sound like crap, but what do you expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

Hi,

with only 10mb onboard and as far as i can see no ability to use sd/mmc cards (if someone else wants to confirm this/deny it please do) its use as an mp3 player or video player are limited.....errr.....realy limited.

That said as far as compressing mp3's to a smaller size eg for ring tones ive had good results using neros wave editor that comes as part of the nero burning suite. Trim the required mp3 to a 30 second lenght (no network in ireland will allow a phone to ring longer than this) and when saving the file rename it and go into options and select required compression....with my v300 have been using something like 48 kbit 22050hz mono....any better quality was wasted on the phones little speaker. Results are a hell of a lot better than a polyphonic ring tone but nowhere as good as the original mp3.

For just general re-encoding of full mp3 to other qualitys have a search on google.....numerous other utilitys and programs available to do this job for you,

Regards.................

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Use CD-Ex, it's good and it's free.

John

Advertisement