Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas opening hours for banks

• 19-12-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just to clarify, AIB is open saturday the 29th, and sunday, the 30th??? And is this all branches?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well this is last years time table....

All bank will be closed early on Xmas Eve. Then closed tues, wed and thursday with Fri being normal hours.

UB Sat branches will be open the sat before and after Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

AIBs website is less than helpful about this. Can anyone tell me what time is early closing time on Christmas Eve?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

Most branches close at 12.30 on Christmas Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

what's the story with paying for credit cards with AIB? i get paid on the 24th would it be ok to transfer the payment over then online?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can, but keep in mind the non working days which mean it will take longer to show on the card account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Semi Related question I'm due to get paid on 27th as the banks are closed on this day does it mean it'll be in my account on Christmas Eve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Are Ulster Bank opened tomorrow as usual or are they closed tomorrow and open on Christmas Eve instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 izt_is

Hey guys, so I can be sure that AIB will be open on Monday 24th Dec (Xmas Eve) albeit for shorter hours? Have to draw a large sum of cash and I need to be in the bank!

I don't suppose any AIB branch is open on Saturday?

Does anyone know where on their website I can find the damn opening hours? I tried searching everywhere but can't find it for the life of me! (which is quite ridiculous)

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Are Ulster Bank opened tomorrow as usual or are they closed tomorrow and open on Christmas Eve instead?

Sat branches are open on today and next sat. All branches close 12:30 Xmas eve and will not re open until Friday and are closed again new years day.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

So are AIB and BOI open today ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 tina.zhuo

I have just passed by AIB in Blackrock Dublin.
    The opening hours during Christmas
    24th Dec. 2012 closed from 12.30pm
    25th to 27th closed
    28th and 31st open
    1st Jan. 2013 closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Claregirl wrote: »
    Semi Related question I'm due to get paid on 27th as the banks are closed on this day does it mean it'll be in my account on Christmas Eve?

I'd say it'll be credited to your account on 28th. But should be available via the ATM after the overnight update of the previous banking day (24th) i.e from the early part of the 25th onwards.

Advertisement